Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer

Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer

AQUA/WATER/EAU, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE, TALC, GLYCERIN, DIMETHICONE, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE PEG-10/15 CROSSPOLYMER, ACRYLATES/DIMETHICONE COPOLYMER, DIMETHICONOL, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, BORON NITRIDE, NYLON-12, PEG-10, PHENOXYETHANOL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, ALUMINUM DIMYRISTATE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE) JUICE, PUNICA GRANATUM FRUIT JUICE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, EUTERPE OLERACEA JUICE POWDER, ASCORBYL GLUCOSIDE, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, TOCOPHEROL, SAPPHIRE POWDER, PALMARIA PALMATA EXTRACT, 2-ETHYL HEXYL ACRYLATE, [May Contain/Peut Contenir/ /-:TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007)].
Skin Tone adapting concealer
1-in-1 concealer and highlighter

I bought this product in ivory and intended to use it as a highlighter, but it turned out as quite a disappointment. It just really doesn't work for me. It gets all blotchy and patchy and is really difficult to blend in. The only positive thing about it is the packaging, I like the brush at its tip.

on 7/8/2016 2:17:00 AM

I've actually purchased this product 4 times in a few different colors. I like that all the shades are neutral, and that the texture is non-tacky and thin. It's really great if you are not a heavy makeup wearer, because it will blend in seamlessly with no other foundation on.

What I hate about it is the packaging. Yeah, its nice to have a brush to target dark spots or edge out my eyebrows, but you have to squeeze the thing so dang hard. Often, when you finally get product going, it's just an awkward blob. I don't think I will purchase again. I'm willing to spend a few more bucks to save myself that frustration!

To Read all 430 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a light coverage concealer I use under my eyes. I use soft beige which matches well with my skin tone when a thin layer is applied. It becomes slightly too salmon pink for me when I apply more layers to bump up the coverage. It applies easily, blends out well, stays all day. It creases slightly if a heavy amount is applied without setting with powder. The concealer helps brighten up my under eye area - possibly the slight pink tone helps. This has been a repeat purchase many times.

on 5/8/2016 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I wanted to try this for a log time and I'm stoked I finally got my hands on it. It's great, it's nice light coverage for the undereye (that's what I use it for) and it doesn't settle into fine lines. It brightens the eyes and makes you look wide awake.

I got it in the fairest shade and it works well for me, I don't think I'll use it on the rest of my face because it is summer and I don't want to look too washed out and pale right now. But it sits well on the skin and that's all you can really ask for in a product.

on 4/11/2016 2:47:00 AM

Good product. It just melts on your skin even without blending! Covers small acne scares and discolourations. Good for not so problematic skin. Not really a heavy duty concealer.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I got this because RachhLoves recommended it in one of her videos and because it was at discount for $3.50 at Walgreens.
At this point in my life I have such bad dark under eye circles they are almost black. I look like I've been hit in the face hence why I got this Rimmel product in the color "Light", which is a salmon color (the best shade to hide darkness because of opacity). This concealer has surprising coverage considering the formula is so thin! I was pleasantly surprised by how comfortable it feels and it didn't make my skin burn like the overrated Maybelline Age Rewind concealer did. My only gripe is the squeeze tube has a brush tip, which is unnecessary because I would much rather dot the concealer with my fingertips under my eyes. So far I've never liked any Rimmel product on the market except for this concealer. I will update this review in case my thoughts about this product changes.
Edit: I applied this yesterday at 6 AM and washed it off at 11 PM. It stayed all day long. Didn't crease, covered well, looked really natural! Recommended!

on 2/14/2016 5:48:00 AM

Have been using this for years now and haven't found another concealer to replace it. Decent coverage, doesn't feel heavy on my skin. The only negative thing is that the concealer doesn't stay on my face all day.

on 2/10/2016 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

For the price, this is great stuff! I need very little coverage and this is perfect for me... The applicator is not the best but i just blend it in with a brush.

on 2/9/2016 5:52:00 PM

I really really hate this concealer. I got the shade Fair/Light because when i swatched it on my hand it looked significantly lighter than the fair shade. once i got home and used this on top of my Nars sheer glow foundation in mont blanc it looked incredibly orange/yellow and was extremely hard to get out of the tube. Also i noticed that there was barely anything left in the tube & i had used it once..... I HATE THIS CONCEALER

on 2/4/2016 4:40:00 PM

I happened upon this product by mistake after reading a comment on youtube regarding concealers. When they mentioned they were 54 and the product didn't settle into fine lines, then I had to try. I find that it should be used layered on another concealer to brighten but at least it didn't budge all day. I did find it a little dry but seeing as it's a water based product it really doesn't need any fixing powder either. Need to test it out a little more...

Video Reviews & Tutorials