RIMMEL Glam'Eyes Day 2 Night

3.2

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Oooooooh I LOVE this.

As a mascara and eye-lash lover, I have been through my fair-share of drugstore (and high end) mascaras. My holy grail has always been the Lorea'l telescopic carbon black, which I've repurchased about 3 times, but this one right here is so good that it put that relationship on hold.

The only reason I bought this is because I didn't have enough time one morning to put mascara on for college. I decided to take my mascara with me and do it when I got there but I completely forgot to pick it up as I rushed out the door.. I literally feel naked without eye lashes so at the nearest opportunity I went to the nearest pharmacy in search of something cheap and cheerful. They only had a rimmel stand, so without much thought I chose this one.

At first application and first impressions it was just ok, it didn't do anything special, the length wand barely applied product while the volume wand gave average volume and length - I found it quite clumpy actually. I put it in my drawer and went back to using the telescopic as usual.

A couple of months later I decide to give it another a try. I completely disregarded the length wand (useless in my opinion) and just used the volume. And quite liked it! It gave very similar if not better results than the telescopic. I found it took less time to apply to get almost the same effect, and it held the curl extremely well. If you have more time, you can really work it to make your eyelashes look fluttery and amazing. (make sure you are really getting the corner lashes). This is the only mascara that's ever got me compliments with one lady asking me if I had fake eyelashes on. My friend even bought it on my recommendation.

Whatsmore is its very easy to remove and my lashes don't have that annoying crunchy-hard feeling. And its kind to my eyes too - sometimes if I'm wearing other mascaras my eyes get irritated. I have slept in it a few times and my eyes felt fine.

Would definitely recommend and repurchase! No idea if I've come to like it because my eye lashes have grown (I do have longer lashes than I used to) or because it was left to dry out. But all I know is I won't be without it!

on 7/28/2014 5:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I really didn't like this mascara. It dries quickly between coats so it's not that buildable, it clumps a little too, it DOESN'T HOLD THE CURL!, it only lengthens a tiny bit but not enough at all and it volumises a little. I won't repurchase as it doesn't lengthen well at all.

This mascara does the job for me. I use the lengthening wand first which separates my lashes, then I use the volume wand for added drama. You have to be very careful with the volume wand because its very easy to misuse and clump. I feel like too much product is deposited onto the brush so I remove excess, place brush at base of lashes, and sort of wiggle the brush as I go upward. No, it's not the ideal mascara, but when you need something for your lashes and you're nowhere near your makeup collection, this mascara serves as an okay replacement for better ones. Tip: only use volume wand on outer/mid top lashes.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I got this on clearance and wasn't too sure of it. I tried it and fell in love. I use both sides abd my lashes look phenomenal!

on 4/27/2012 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Ugh, I thought I was buying "Double Play" after seeing its good reviews, but got this by mistake. It is simply terrible. Now I actually prefer traditional-bristle brushes over the new rubber ones, but this brush is, I think, the root of the problem here. It's just badly designed. The formula is no prize either. Neither option gives length and the formula is goopy. It wilted my curl and was hard to work with. I actually did one eye with each option and the length option was less of a disaster, but neither made me happy. Bad mascara day today, followed by returning this product to Target.

on 11/28/2011 1:32:00 PM

Clumps. A lot! There is simply way too much mascara on the brush. It is getting better the longer that I use it though.

on 6/8/2011 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

As other commenters have pointed out, it's not truly a 2 in 1 mascara, since one brush is just a more wiped-off version of the other. That said, this mascara actually does build a lot of volume. It can get clumpy so apply carefully, but it gets the job done and really thickens and lengthens lashes. I don't tend to use the "length" wand since the wand itself is so skinny I find it doesn't grip lashes well and is hard to maneuver.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This mascara is very much worth the money it truly lengthens and volumizes my lashes. The only reason I said that I would not buy this product again and that the packaging is only a 2 is because I wish that it was more like my cover girl lash blast fusion were it was one brush that did both jobs.

on 5/15/2011 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

veryyy cute packaging, thats the only good thing about it. the formula is entirely too wet, and its a scam. this mascara is a rip off of mac's haute and naughty mascara, and it is in no way shape or form half as good. its ONE brush. its ONE mascara. not two. the "volume" side is full of product, and "length side" is a dry wand, run through the tube and rubbed off. worst mascara i have used by far. it makes my eyelashes look hideous and like i have maybe six lashes. i was not pleased with this, and i ended up using it only as a brush for my lashes when i use too much of my everyday mascara. this product is overpriced and a waste. don't get it, save yourself the money and time.