RIMMEL Glam'Eyes Day 2 Night

RIMMEL Glam'Eyes Day 2 Night
Glam'Eyes Day 2 NightGlam'Eyes Day 2 NightGlam'Eyes Day 2 Night

2.9

Hey there :)
This is my very first review, so apologies for any unproffessionalism :/
I'd just like to share my opinions about this mascara with you. First and foremost, I didn't buy this product myself, my mammy got it for me as a little gift by using up the points on her boots card. So, I had no research done on it and would probably never have bought this mascara myself cause I dont believe in the whole 'magic wand' thingy. But as any girl would be, I was happy out with a new product among my collection :)
Anyway, I'm not impressed with the result, it's very clumpy, even with the lenghtning brush, it doesn't really compliment me in any way, and it's not like I have short lashes! Its too pricy for the rubbish result and the packaging wasn't exactly georgous. I have tried to love it and make it work for me, but to no avail :( It just gets thicker and more spidery as you apply even one layer and try to separate the clumps .. In short, it's a nightmare.

on 5/15/2011 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

veryyy cute packaging, thats the only good thing about it. the formula is entirely too wet, and its a scam. this mascara is a rip off of mac's haute and naughty mascara, and it is in no way shape or form half as good. its ONE brush. its ONE mascara. not two. the "volume" side is full of product, and "length side" is a dry wand, run through the tube and rubbed off. worst mascara i have used by far. it makes my eyelashes look hideous and like i have maybe six lashes. i was not pleased with this, and i ended up using it only as a brush for my lashes when i use too much of my everyday mascara. this product is overpriced and a waste. don't get it, save yourself the money and time.

on 1/17/2012 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I bought this on sale for $4.00 CAD from Wal-mart in Black. I love MAC'S Haute&Naughty (my HG) and this seemed like a great dupe to check out.

My thoughts: it takes slow, careful application to get this to work for you -- otherwise it will clump and leave dots on the eyelid due to its wet consistency (esp if you have longer eyelashes). I use a lash curler first, 1 coat of last primer (MAC), 2 coats of length (applied from root to lash very slowly), then 2 coats of the volume on upper eyelash only (same slow method). For the price I paid, it's a very decent mascara and I've been wearing it to work/night out quite often these days. No flaking nor eye irriration, it holds my curl for the whole day and the black stands out. Check it out!

I give it a 4 just because my lashes don't look as nice as the MAC one.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I fell for yet another ds meh mascara. I was curious about the new MAC one that resembles the concept of this but I'm not too fond of MAC mascaras so I decided to try the cheaper version by Rimmel. Boy, I'll tell you, it took me a good 5 minutes trying to boost up any volume or length and after layer the two formulas about 4-5 times, I got bland ol' natural looking lashes. The Good: It doesn't clump and it layers well with a nice wet formula. Also, the packaging so very cute. The Bad: Where's the difference? Is this black water in the tube?? Duh, what am I missing here??? The Ugly: After added another 5 minutes to my mu routine, I saw no mind blowing volume & length.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really liked this mascara. I was prepared to buy 2 separate mascaras for volume and length, and this has two really neat brushes that allows you to get both with one stick! It works really great - I think I have found my new mascara for good!

on 2/27/2011 12:52:00 AM

Ok, I cannot believe my eyes. I'm a truly a mascara junkie, a real mascara whore at this point, truly OBSESSED with super black, lush, full-of-volume mascara. I do not care how much a mascara cost if it promises to make my lashes thick,voluminous, long and sultry. I have everything from wet n wild to eyes to kill. I have always left good reviews for Rimmel's mascara's but because I'm addicted, I always keep trying more and MORE. Well I must say that ETK cured my fix temporarily but today at walmart I saw the night2day and thought, wow how convenient and cute. Well ladies, I cannot believe my eyes, can you say super black, thick lashes? than the day wand(lengthening) actually separated and elongated them. I'm ecstatic no more $30 for ETK not even $18 for mac's haute & naughty finally a much cheaper dupe-only $6.97 UNBELIEVABLE!!
**Edit** This mascara is still GREAT but removed one lippie -I'm finding that it's wet application is causing some clumpiness. This will be a "work with" mascara which is not bad, I still get my super lush, full lashes I just have to use my metal comb in between strokes.

on 3/4/2016 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I am usually curious about Rimmel's mascaras because I find them to be great at an extremely affordable price point.

This one was a bit more expensive than other Rimmel mascaras so I was quite disappointed that I didn't find it very useful.

The voluminous side, which has wider opening of the mascara tube is a huge mess. The brush is nice and full but holds so much mascara that it deposits a glob on the lashes. It is very messy.

The lengthening side is a narrower opening of the tube so the mascara is lightly deposited on the lashes.

There is no balance with this mascara. Its either too much mascara (voluminous side) and not enough drama with the (lengthening side)

I did try to use the voluminous side and then the lengthening side to comb off the extra mascara but it is a long and sometimes messy process. Its too much work and not worth the effort. Its just better not to purchase this mascara.

The tube is cute though.

I bought this mascara from Rimmel about a year ago and I have only just got round to writing about it now. When I first tried it I was like "WOW!!!", as it gave great length and volume and separated my lashes quite well. Also the formula wasn't to wet. My only problem at this point was that I couldn't apply a second layer to build it up. A few weeks after I bought it, I noticed that it had dried up quite a lot even though the lid was put on quite tightly and securely and I hadn't been pumping the wand at all. Overall great at start, but I wouldn't repurchase it.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love this product to death, it is one of my staple mascaras, if not like really the only one that I use. I have naturally long lashes already, and I do believe that in the case that you already have naturally long lashes that it works a little better because I feel like it works better as an overall lash look enhancer rather than like a mascara that gives you falsies. I don't think that females with naturally shorter lashes would like it as much: But I do believe that this mascara can make anyone's lashes look looker and more glam instantly. The packaging is tough, and big enough so that it can never get lost easily which I love. It's a fairly sized bottle, not too skinny, so you know you're getting a good amount of the product for what you're paying for. I love that it's a 2 in 1 system, cause it adds to the glam look. I always get this in extreme black, 003. When you put it on, the coats are very fast drying which is great for when you apply eye shadow and you don't want the black to get on your eye shadow: It freezes in seconds of you putting it on, and I rarely have to curl my lashes prior to putting it on because I can already guarantee myself it'll make them look fuller and longer regardless. I use both brushes and when using the length brush after using the volume brush, I only use the length brush for the tips of my lashes, which makes them even longer and more luxurious looking- I always get people asking me if their mine. So the best tip for the best look out of this mascara: Apply the length brush only to the tips of the lashes after using the volume brush. And depending on how much you use of the volume brush: You may get some clumping but, you are in control of that. Apply till you're satisfied. But: I love this product.

on 9/25/2011 3:07:00 AM

I have short lashes that aren't noticeable. I've been looking for a lengthening AND volumizing mascara that won't smudge on my under eye area or one that won't take forever to remove. This mascara hits all of those requirements save for the volumizing part. I LOVE that this mascara lengthens my stubby Asian lashes like no other drugstore mascara I have tried before. I've used this on long days and I've not seen a smudge in sight by the end of my day. I don't even need to use eye makeup remover to take this off if I'm using it on its own (I don't know if they have the waterproof kind out yet, but I know I got the non-waterproof kind). It's also very lightweight, so I do not feel like I have 10 pounds of mascara weighing my lashes down. Also, price-wise, this is great.

Despite all the good things, however, there is a negative aspect to this product. First of all, the packaging promises length AND volume, but for me, it's only given me length. I don't know if it's me or the brush applicator, but whenever I use the volumizing wand, I only see WAY too much product on the brush, and it ended up clumping my lashes together, giving out an unpleasant result (to me, anyway). So I only ever use the lengthening wand on regular days, and I use another mascara for a more volumizing, dramatic effect.

Despite the negatives, I'm still giving this product four lippies, and unless I find a much better mascara, I'll be going back to this one.