Dove Nourishing Oil Care Conditioner

Dove Nourishing Oil Care Conditioner
Nourishing Oil Care Conditioner

4.2

Water (Aqua) , Cetearyl Alcohol , Dimethicone , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Hydrogenated Coconut Oil , Behentrimonium Chloride , Fragrance (Parfum) , Mineral Oil , Lactic Acid , Dipropylene Glycol , Amodimethicone , Potassium Chloride , Disodium EDTA , Gluconolactone , Trehalose , Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil (Sweet Almond) , DMDM Hydantoin , PEG-150 Distearate , PEG-7 Propylheptyl Ether , Cetrimonium Chloride , Adipic Acid , Sodium Sulfate , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , Yellow 5 (CI 19140) , Red 33 (CI 17200) , Blue 1 (CI 42090)

My only real negative with it is that my hair seems to need washed more often than before. I dye it red and it's super thin and pretty straight so I washed as little as I can get away with. Other than that I do like it, particularly the awesome detangling job I get from it.

on 1/27/2016 5:34:00 PM

makes my hair so soft, best conditioner i've tried, unfortunately caused back acne, im guessing because of the silicones :(

To Read all 137 Reviews, Login or Join

As an off-the-shelf conditioner, I am VERY impressed! I use it as a pre-condition conditioner. I wash Reken All Soft shampoo, pre-condition with Dove, then condition with Redken All Soft conditioner. Wonderful. My hair is silky and shiny. I tried using just the Redkin shampoo & conditioner, and it's just not the same without the Dove. Love!

on 12/24/2015 10:26:00 PM

Nourishing my ass.

I bought this based on the good reviews. Upon putting this on my hair, my hair starts feeling soft in the shower and you'd imagine I'd get good slip while rinsing, but my hair is just left feeling meh. When air drying, the only thing this conditioner did was coat it with hard silicones which make my hair spongy and stringy, and very rebellious.. not putting this on my hair again. Herbal essences hello hydration is much better than this crap. Very disappointed.

My hair is straight but this somehow made my ends so "open" and stubborn. Everything that this conditioner said was a "YES!" for me, but it just wasn't it. I guess it's worth a shot since it's cheap, but I just hate wasting products.

on 11/30/2015 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Based on reviews here and on a few other beauty blogs, I had pretty high expectations going into this one. Needless to say, based on my 2-lippie rating, I wasn't impressed. While it did make my hair feel very soft and silky, it didn't tame the frizz or roughness. After using for about a month, I saw no improvement in my texture (fine but porous, brittle, and frizzy), and I realized that it was weighing my hair down significantly, causing some build up, and dulling my hair. Yikes!

I would just caution the fine haired ladies out there that it might not be the best option for ya (definitely wasn't for me). It's been relegated to shave cream duties.

on 8/2/2015 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Let me start by saying that i have fine, medium thick, wavy, dark brown frizzy hair. Its kinda oily, i cant tell if its on the normal or the oily side, i can feel my scalp getting slightly greasy on the second-third day. But i wash my hair every week or every 3-5 days in summer (going to the beach days dont count). Gross i know, but thats what helped my hair to be less damaged and shiny due to the natural oils preduced by the scalp.
Anyways, i kinda like the packaging. And i love how thick it is, its soooo thick and creamy but it doesnt weight my hair down. And i also like to put much of it, comb my hair, tight it up then i leave it for as long as i can, like 10-20min. This makes my hair HELLA soft, it smooths the frizz and maintain the poofiness to 0, seriously this is the best conditioner i've ever EVER used. I actually used to have straight hair, but it suddenly became wavy. This makes it like 90% straight, slightly wavy at the ends. I just cant stop touching it.
The only down side is silicones. This has quite much of them and i'm trying to keep using organic products. This still better than the organic ones i use and wich costs like 20-25$ each (phyto, logona ..)
I actually may buy it again if i wont have enough money to buy organic ones or if i didnt find them.
So if u are okay with silicones, dont wait another day. Go buy the shampoo and conditioner and try them, u will be amazed :o !!!!

on 7/27/2015 2:17:00 PM

Very disappointed. This shampoo and conditioner left my hair feeling like straw. It's awful. I used it 3 times to give it a chance. I had previously received a sample of some Dove shampoo and conditioner that was great. Unfortunately, it is no longer made.

The search continues...

on 2/13/2015 11:04:00 PM

This is a HG conditioner!My hair isn't very damaged but does get dry on the ends,when I used this my hair was as soft as a little kids. I love it!I used it with an organix shampoo and it just makes my hair soft,shiny and frizz free. Definitely the best drugstore conditioner I've tried.

on 2/11/2015 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

YES YES AND YES!
I have Super dry, coarse, wavy blonde (and bleached) hair, which really makes me go crazy every winter (well, every summer also). In winter the problem is dryness and the hay-look. My usually wavy, shiny and bouncy hair gets straight, dead and dull looking and Super dry. I have tried many pricey products like Redken, Sachajuan, Kiehls, Joico etc, but none of them can moisturize my hair like this magic product does.

Lately I have been using redken extreme mask and redken all soft shampoo and conditioner. They have done my hair dull and dry, and when I this week returned to my old favourite dove nourishing oil care shampoo and conditioner, I was really amazed By the results. I had completely forgotten how great this duo is! Now my hair looks healthy, shiny and it is manageable. I can comb my hair easily and all the dullness is gone. My hair is so dry that this product does not build up. The product is Super cheap, only 3,5euro at my local grocery store, the smell is fine (light coconut!) and the bottle is easy to use. The product itself is a nice, thick and luxurious cream.

If your hair is Super dry and nothing seems to work, try this line! Especially in winter this product is a true lifesaver.

Head over heels in love with this duo!! It's the best thing that's ever happened to my hair. Not even coconut oil treatments made my hair feel like this!