Wet 'n' Wild Megalast Retractable Eyeliner

2.4

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product appears extremely polarizing: meaning you either love it or despise it. At best I think wnw is having some quality control, at least I think some stores have old stock. I got blackest black no complaints $2 one can hardly complain. ColorIcon are my ride-or-die wooden pencils & I think this is just as good as Covergirl (hard, no color pay off), Maybelline (raccoon city! Blech!! 3X as expensive), Rimmel (also pandas) etc I wish elf made a twist up pencil. Let me also add this is waterproof. 12 hour wear. They weren't lying. And I mean give it a try you're out $2 at most. Returning something $2? A little questionable but hey $2 is 2 cheeseburgers at McDonald's I'm not afraid to be ghetto! I'll rebuy this I just got it for my purse but I want the brown for my brows. I wonder how many weeks of wear you get from 1 of these? Doesn't look like a lot of product there. I better stock up!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Cheap and with a useful smudging tip at the other end, this eyeliner would be great if the contents actually stayed on oily lids for more than two hours. The Black-Brown color started to break down and disappear quickly in my hooded Asian eyelids, and I didn't even think I was that oily. Too bad the product sucks because the packaging is very functional though not fancy.

I tried this in the charcoal color and am not impressed. I have tried it several times several different ways because I really wanted to like it. First off the color payoff is not that great. A very muted light gray color. Also the actual liner is almost...plastic-y. It also fades really fast. Also I'm not sure what's up with the spongy thing at the end of the stick. What are we supposed to use that for?

on 4/15/2016 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Bought this before I read all the negatives here, and I'm glad I did.

If you're looking for a thick, dramatic eyeliner, this isn't it. In black/brown it makes a thin, natural line that stayed on me all day with ELF primer as a base, but the color bored me.

I'm sending a big thank you to everyone who suggested using it as a brow pencil because that's its best use, and it's great! Wish they made it in a lighter color and marketed it just for brows.

As an eyebrow pencil it was bulletproof. For the first time in years I've got all-day brows. You can't beat the price, or the staying power, but baby oil takes it off in a flash with no rubbing.

This is a great eyeliner: Ease of application,nice to smudge for a smokey effect and wears all day.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I have no idea what WNW was thinking , This is just lame. Hard as a brick. No pigmentation.I had it in black. So unless you plan on poking your eyes out. I would pass. it was 50% off so no love lost, meh cant win them all.

on 1/15/2016 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought this liner when it was 40% off at Rite Aid. Good thing, because it frankly sucks. I don't remember whether I bought the color Blackest Black or just Black, but either way, I could hardly get any color out of it. To get a decent amount of pigment from it, I'd need to press pretty hard, which of course is unsuitable for use around the eye. The pencil was not at all creamy, so forget about using it for tightlining. Also, if you were to wind up the product all the way up, you'll see that there is hardly any product inside the plastic casing. Even though it is very cheap, that's quite a ripoff.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Wet n Wild has never let me down before this purchase but this product is a total dud. In need of a new eyeliner and limited by the drugstore's small variety of cruelty-free options, I chose this one. It was $1.99. The packaging is nice, typical for a twist up drugstore liner. I got the color 691A Black Noir.

The color payoff of this eyeliner is lacking big time... swatches black but applies grey. It's extremely hard and has a waxy consistency. Half the times I tried to apply or swatch this, the tip broke off and I had to twist more up. Staying power is also terrible. This is the worst eyeliner I've ever used. I'll usually find some way to make a product work and use it up even if I don't like it much, but this just went in the trash. Save your two dollars.

on 12/30/2015 5:20:00 PM

This is not a very good eyeliner. It glides on easily (then again my eyelids are on the oily side) but by the end of the day I have panda eyes. This eyeliner travels down to my waterline and even lower. However, I must say that it works decent as something to fill my eyebrows with. I get an angled brush and brush on some of the eyeliner to it then apply it to my brows. It ends up looking natural and doesn't budge.

I'm usually quite a fan of Wet'n'Wild products, especially the Fergie line. This eyeliner was a bit of a bummer. This was not the rich black I was going for--it came out more of a dark charcoal and tugged at my waterline, wasn't very smooth and skipped a bit. Felt a bit too waxy, and after a few hours it started leaving my waterline. I may have gotten a dried-out pencil, and of course it wasn't an expensive product, but it felt a bit cheap.

Cons:
-Hard, tugs eyes, skips
-Not dark black
-Eyeliner migrates waterline after a few hours

Pros:
-I think this could work as a brow pencil, or somewhere other than sensitive eye area
-For the price, the twist-up eyeliner feature was nice