L'Oreal Double Extension Ultra-Lengthening Mascara

L'Oreal Double Extension Ultra-Lengthening Mascara

3.0

on 2/26/2011 8:03:00 AM

I believe this is my 3rd Double Extension mascara. I had the first generation one from a couple of years back, and then got the double extension beauty tubes, this is my latest. The white base is quite gooey so I blot the excess off before application. I apply it only at the ends of my lashes for lengthening (after the Shiseido nourishing mascara base and Kate mascara base). The actual mascara part of the tube is much drier. However I still blot the wand and apply with a very light hand coating the lashes lightly before using a curl mascara on my lashes. Its not too bad a mascara but I don't think I would re-purchase.

on 11/21/2011 1:46:00 PM

This mascara disappointed me a bit. I thought it would make my lashes looks way longer than it actually does! Also, it doesn't separate them really well. I suggest applying this mascara only on the ends of your lashes. This product costed quite a bit too much for me (20).. I bought much more satisfying mascaras for less.

I have the one in the blue & gold tube, called "NEW Double Extension Renewal Serium Inside Mascara". This has become my absolute favorite mascara because of the way it comes off. It does not flake or budge all day, but can easily be removed when you wash your face with water. It simply comes off in small black globs (no streaks or panda eyes). I stopped wearing mascaras for a while because it was such a hassle to remove it at the end of the day, so this is just perfect. So to sum up:
PROS:
- Stays on forever
- No panda eyes, EVER
- Easy to get off
- Makes you look like you're wearing falsies
- Fiber mascara formula (if you are a fan of it)
CONS:
- Not good at holding curls
- $$$ (Bought mine for around $22, but I live in Korea so :P)
- Clumps lashes together so really not great for gals with sparse lashes
- The lash curler that comes as a "gift" with purchase is horrendous
A personal tip: Don't use the white base on your lashes with a whole bunch of the product on the wand, and only apply it to the ends of your lashes.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I am a big fan of Double Extension Mascara. Been using it since it was first launched. L'oreal has discontinued one of my most favourite variant which packed in gold & blue tube (with serum). Even though it doesnt hold that long but my lashes looks healthier & stronger. Last month I bought the purple and gold tube and its waterproof type. Gosh...regretted buying this one. Its very dry and my lashes stick together and i have difficulties unclumping it. Good thing, it holds. Thats all! Very difficult to get rid of it even though I use tons of Clinique eye make up remover. Am very very dissapointed with this new launched. My lashes drops a lot due to the harshness of the base and liquid. I will not continue using it or i will be out of lashes soon. Please please launch the blue/gold variant back in the market. I am from Singapore!

on 10/11/2012 10:53:00 PM

Blech! This might be one of the worst mascaras EVER! First of all, the "primer" does nothing but clump up on your lashes, and then when you put the mascara over it, you can still see the white primer! After a couple of hours it flaked even more and looked like I was wearing white mascara almost. I didn't even give it another shot-total waste of money. Returned ASAP.

on 11/14/2012 3:50:00 PM

Steer away from this mascara.

I was browsing the drugstore meaning to buy Lumi base and concealer which I had previously laid my eyes on. Apparently that particular day they were giving out presents to anyone who purchased L'Oreal goods valued over a certain amount. As a present, I got this mascara.

First of all, I'd like to say that I have blond lashes, so they are not very thick, but with the right kind of mascara you can really work with them and make them look thicker and longer. So, to ruin what I have really takes one hell of a mascara.

I had my first go at it by the book - I applied the white base, then the mascara. By the time I was putting mascara on, the white coat turned rigid and crunchy - not the nicest feeling. Once the colour went on my lashes just stuck together. Moreover, it takes ages to remove it. It comes out as pieces of rubber, my boyfriend was spotting them for hours after I was done removing my make-up.

To be fair, I decided to give it any chance. I look at the brush and it looks like one of those high-end volumizing mascaras I have had. It looks like it has potential. Well, it does not. Without the base, it does not work either. My lashes looks thin, crunchy and aweful. I'm done trying.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

What a fantastic mascara! I've even gotten compliments for my lashes with this mascara. This is an alltime favourite! It gives long, delicate, separated lashes - and even without the white part of the mascara :) I simply love this mascara! <3

on 5/5/2013 5:38:00 AM

it can last for whole day and easy to wash it off, but i don't think it gives length to my lashes! I won't buy it again!

on 5/6/2013 7:20:00 PM

It looks great and for the price I expected something fantastic. I did not get it but it's not horrible, just alright.

The moisturising part does make your eyelashes crispy.

I would not buy again.

on 5/8/2013 11:26:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This made no impact on my lashes looking longer or fuller and it smeared. No thanks to this one!