4.1

$29.00 on Macy's
Shop Now

Reviews

10 months ago

Tarte Exposed blush, where to start... Tarte blush in general was all the rage some years ago and Exposed was a firm favorite. I wanted to buy it originally in 2015 on a US trip, but was not impressed with the store swatch, as it seemed really dry, firmly pressed and chalky. Approximately 2ish years later I changed my mind and asked a family member to buy it for me on their US trip, because I really wanted to see what the hype was all about. Perhaps it would feel different when used. The compact is pretty and I like how the compacts are the same color as the blush inside. The hinge on mine did break after a bit, which is a shame. Despite this, the compact does stay closed, which is great, but that may be due to the very strong lock (It is difficult to open). The blush pan is magnetic, which makes safe depotting a breeze. Now the product itself. I love NARS blushes, and this formula is nothing alike. It is as mentioned earlier very firmly pressed, dry, not very pigmented and slightly chalky. The color is very pretty, a boring looking matte neutral, which actually gives nice natural warmth and color to my face. Easy color to pair with pretty much anything. Pigment is kinda meh, thus it is hard to overdo, which is often a pro for many. It does develop hard pan relatively easy, which is kind of annoying. However it is easily fixed by using to scrap off the top layer either with a scratchy brush or then tape. But do take into consideration, that I have owned mine for over 3 years and I rotate between my extensive blush collection pretty regularly. Someone with a small collection may never have this sort of issue. Lasting power is pretty decent and it fades off nicely during the day, but I will not be repurchasing this. The color is really great, really love it, but I am just not a fan of the formula. NARS still makes the best blush in my opinion and thus I will continue to buy their stuff.Sorry Tarte, really wanted to love this, but this formula is just a no go. :/

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

I love this blush!

About reviewer (52 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBlond

1.0

a year ago

I already had one of these in another shade and it wasn’t a favorite, it is so hard milled I could barely pick up any color on a brush. I thought it could have just been a fluke so I thought I’d try Exposed - the color is so pretty in the pan. This one is even worse...it is so hard that none of my brushes can pick up any color. Is this the norm? I don’t see the appeal. It could just be bad luck on my part but I won’t try it again.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age44-55

HairBlond

2.0

a year ago

My friend actually gave me this because the pigment simply did not show up on her skin. She is darker skinned and she figured it was her skin tone; however, I can confirm that on any skin tone that this blush doesn't show up. Otherwise this blush is packaged beautifully and feels really velvety on the skin. However, it also makes me break out in the exact place I apply it every time. This blush clogged my pores and no amount of cleanser or face mask could make my skin happy after this blush. I do have sensitive skin but I've only ever had an allergic reaction to makeup one other time so I assumed this blush would be fine! Really disappointing for the price and beautiful packaging.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

HairBrown

EyesGreen

a year ago

This is the ONLY blush I can use. It’s the only blush that doesn’t break me out and I’ve tried every blush you can think of. I have reallllyyyy sensitive acne prone skin. It’s a perfect amount of pigment and it makes me look very awake and radiant. I like the Milani blushes as well, except they break me out pretty badly. Even Mac blushes. This is literally all I will ever use. The only thing that sucks is that it’s expensive.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

It's the HG of powder blushes. Period, end. Really difficult to put too much on, and blends with almost all motifs. Sometimes, if I want something in a powder blush that is more peachy or distinctly pink, I have some go-tos from Laura Mercier (as well as from Tarte) to alternate with. But Exposed works with almost everything. The Tarte clay blushes apply evenly and have relatively good staying power, so I recommend the brand and product in and of itself. But Exposed IS everything. :-) It may even be almost all things to almost all people.

About reviewer (63 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

Got this in a Mini from an old Ipsy bag and it hasnt failed me once! Never looks like too much

About reviewer (13 reviews)

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

2 years ago

I've been lusting after this blush for years - always settling for dupes since I couldn't justify the price tag. I finally decided to pick it up and I was surprised that it wasn't as pigmented as I thought it would be. The tone and colour of the blush is perfect for me, but you really have to build it up to get the colour you want. Also it is VERY dry.. I'm not sure why :(

About reviewer (446 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

from

2 years ago

Pretty shade. Flattering to most skin tones. Seems sheer. Doesn't last all day.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairRed

EyesGreen

1.0

2 years ago

Ok, where to start....this is a very pretty color. It looks very natural. However, it is poorly pigmented. When you do build up the color, it looks nice. But it doesn't stay on the skin. It fades very quickly. Tarte's other blush colors are a bit better, but overall there are much better blushes, even from the drugstore. (milani makes great blushes, as well as Flower beauty). I have 15 different blushes and this is my least favorite.

About reviewer (45 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other