Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush - Exposed

4.2

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Tricaprylin, Polyethylene, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cera Alba, PEG-150 Distearate, Lanolin, Laureth-4, Tocopherol, Polysorbate 20, Tetrasodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphenesin, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Kaolin, Tin Oxide, Mica, Carmine (CI 75470). (+/-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Red 6 And Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090).

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm surprised I've never reviewed this. This product looks scary brown in the pan but it looks lovely on my NW20 complexion. It's a rosy mauve on and looks very natural. No blush lasts for very long on me, so I can't say that this is longer lasting than any other blush. I have strayed and tried other blushes but I seem to always come back to Tarte Exposed. I have other Tarte blushes but this is the most natural. Wish I could figure out how a brown blush in a pan looks rosy on the cheeks! Good stuff.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

OMG, I never thought I could get this excited about a blush. Blush to me has always been a workhorse, but this color and how it settles on the skin is phenomenal - even my husband noticed. The pigmentation is very natural looking and it gets integrated in the skin and not sit on top, which is often what makes blush look ghoulish. It's like the kind of look you might get from a gel blush, but from the versatility of a powder. Love love love, my favorite product from Tarte so far.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

So, probably the only reason I even tried a Tarte blush is the birthday present at Sephora included a mini of a nudish shade called paaarty. I'd been curious before, but the testers seemed dry and hard and they didn't swatch well. The makeup board said they went on better on your face, so I was excited to get the mini and try it out. Well, the mini went well, and during the recent Ulta 21 days sale, I decided to pick up ONE full size one.

Since a lot of the shades look pretty similar in the pan, I showed up with foundation and no blush on, to actually try out on my face. I'd decided to test Dazzled and Seduce. They both looked very nice on; but then I compared Exposed and thought, Why not? (It is Tarte's best seller.) Wow! I'm fair, neutral leaning cool, and this is just the perfect pop of natural color for when I'm dressing down my face, as opposed to a full glam look.

Now, I have a LOT of makeup, including blush. I usually focus on cream blush, then perhaps a bit of powder blush for longevity. I suppose due to age, I've found that many powder blushes look, well, powdery, and not flattering. Plus, a lot of powder blushes are SO pigmented and they grab when applied, making it tricky to achieve a natural look.

This Tarte blush is a soft nude pinkish/mauvish tone. Since it isn't bright or highly pigmented, I prefer to apply this with a smaller, dense brush. It goes on smoothly and stays on well, maybe not for 12 hours but as well as any other blushes I have. I find that a mauvish lip looks nice with this, for me in particular Maybelline Made It Mauve.

ADDITION 5/23/17: I've found I can change the overall color of this by using a bit of cream blush under it; yesterday I used a bit (just a bit!) of a candy pink cream blush (Cherry Blossom), and it really "pinked it up." Tomorrow I'm going to try it with Lotus....

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I had such high hopes for this blush. It promised long wear, good pigment and an oil-free formula.

In my view, this one failed to miss the mark.

Whilst it looked pretty in the packaging, the colour pay off is quite poor and patchy. For someone that is used to applying bright blush, it took me quite a bit of work (with my Zoeva blush brush) to get this to look even and natural.

In the end, I had to cut through it with some setting spray and I felt awful for the rest of the day.

It's such an average product for the price you pay.

I have used many brands and would definitely recommend Nars, MAC, Benefit and Laura Mercier blushes over this one. They go on so much smoother.

Don't waste your money like I did! Give this one a miss.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this blush. Perfect shade for everyday use and it also goes with pretty much every makeup look in the book. I would defiantly repurchase, however this product lasts a while due to the pigmentation so i won't be needing another one anytime soon. Totally worth the splurge in my opinion!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Part of the Exposed line. I do like the color, as it is very pale and allows me to blend my already red cheeks into something that looks natural. I have not been a fan of the Amazonian Clay blushes as they seem "flat" to me and look powdery on my dry skin. I buffed this one in well, and it blended nicely. I mostly am a fan of the color, as for me it looks more natural.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This blush did not work for me. I cannot get it to show up on my skin, and I am fairly pale: GA LSF #40. Its like swiping almost nothing on my cheeks, no pigment. What a waste of cash.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

For $30, this blush is not worth it. It's just way too expensive. The only reason I purchased it is because I needed a matte, non-shimmer blush. It's nice I guess, everything you'd expect of a blush. Unfortunately, because of the price tag, I expect above average performance. That's not what I'm getting, the blush is on the harder side, powdery and you have to layer it up to get visible pigmentation. The blush claims to be 12 hours, that is so untrue. Once the blush hits the 6-hour mark, it begins to fade. Don't waste your money on this, I've bought better blushes from the dollar store.

I don't like this colour at allllll. I can't get on with this blush. It just looks dirty and like a dirty bronzer muddy colour on me. I tried so hard to make it work and I just can't. I'm nw20 in Mac. I have light skin with neutra/cool undertone. I just hate the colour on me. I tried convincing myself I could like it since everyone raves about it so much but I need to be honest with myself. I just don't like it, I like my blush to give liveliness and colour to the cheeks. I ended up decluttering this one last night

Absolutley hate this blush. It's so compact that you either get too much or not enough. If that's not enough mine got dirty and the pan is loose. Just for referance I got the shade blissful and I would much rather use my ambiant lighting blush instead.