Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush - Exposed

4.2

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Tricaprylin, Polyethylene, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cera Alba, PEG-150 Distearate, Lanolin, Laureth-4, Tocopherol, Polysorbate 20, Tetrasodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphenesin, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Kaolin, Tin Oxide, Mica, Carmine (CI 75470). (+/-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Red 6 And Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090).

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have mixed feeling about this blush, but overall I enjoy it. I heard about this blush being a perfect nude color for almost any makeup look, and I was particularly intrigued when a youtuber mentioned that this is a perfect blush to pair with a red lip. While I agree with that, and do like this blush a lot in terms of formula and longevity, I feel the color is a bit different than what I expected. The swatches online all look pinkish nude, but on me it looks like a light terra-cotta with slightly red undertone. On my NC20-25 Asian skin tone, it doesn't look pink toned whatsoever, I don't know if it oxidized on my skin but I don't have oily skin at all. It does look a little ruddy muddy on my face as well, but I like it for not taking away attention from my eye or lip makeup. It pairs well with my favorite MAC lipstick in Taupe, or any of my red lipsticks (I don't really buy blue toned red often). I've since purchased Burberry's cameo, which has more of that pink toned nude effect that I've been looking for, and I've got MAC's blushbaby, Nars Douceur, Hourglass Mood Exposure too which are all very similar to be completely honest. (Blushbaby has more rosiness than Exposed; Mood Exposure is more luminous but look 95% the same as Exposed, Exposed has more beige undertone whereas Mood Exposure a mauve undertone; Douceur is the most cool toned, being a standard pink brown). Tarte exposed is more pigmented than Blushbaby and Douceur for me, and does last longer on my face too.
It's funny how I find this blush pigmented nowadays. When I first got this, it was very difficult to pick up any color. The texture is dry, and the pan is hard pressed, not to mention that it swatches horribly. I've played a lot with it at home, swatching hard and using different brushes, and I finally found a good use for my rather scratchy MAC 129 blush brush. Swirling quite a bit in the pan, the brush actually picks up a lot of powder, and ever since the tarte logo has disappeared a lot on the pan, it's significantly easier to pick up color with any brush now. It's easy to blend, with the MAC 129 (one of the merits of scratchier goat haired brushes, they are so capable of blending!). I actually have come to appreciate more these dryer and buildable blushes, so I quite like Tarte's exposed in terms of usage. The fact that it Is not powdery at all is also a plus. However, had I never tried to use a scratchy natural haired brush and didn't swatch and swatch until the logo came off, I would have never discovered what everyone else was talking about.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I love the Tarte blush formula and this is my second favorite shade they carry. It is an easy, everyday blush. Great wear time, blendable. They swatch poorly, but apply well on the cheeks. I wish this shade was a hair rosier, but I would repurchase if I ever ran out

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I expected so much from this product. I hesitated on buying it for a while because it had a steep price for a blush. So when I finally decided to get it and tried it, I was really disappointed. It went on very patchy on my cheeks while i have been using my usual Zoeva blush brush. I really have to work it to get any color on my cheeks(and I am very very fair skinned) I don't know what I was doing wrong. but I end up going back to my HG MAC Blushbaby Blush (which has almost the same color as this one), I don't know what he hype was about, but I was certainly not blown away. (I'm sorry just my opinion)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really want to love this product after reading several online reviews, but I cannot make this color work on me. For reference I am a NC15-20 Asian with warm undertones, hyper-pigmentation/ acne scar, and naturally flushed cheeks. MAC Sheertone Pinch O Peach (discontinued version before reformulation) was my go-to blush ever since my aunt gifted it to me and I found it quite pigmented, yet lacking in longevity. I decided to buy a Tarte blush because I heard it was suited for oily skin types due to the Amazonian clay formula. Furthermore I chose "Exposed" as several people recommend it as natural blush that works with almost anything. I tried to pick up product with my Real Technique blush brush, but it only grabbed a hint of color. Afterwards I resorted to using my Real Technique stippling brush because the stiffer bristles picked up more product. I had to use a gentle hand with the stippling brush and then blend the color with a clean brush or Beauty Blender. In spite of the efforts I put in, I was not impressed with the color or pigmentation of this blush. The blush itself looked too ruddy and unnatural for my complexion while accentuating my acne scars. In addition this blush did not sync well with my usual contour color (KVD Shade & Light Subconscious), thus creating a muddy look on my cheeks. As for the longevity, this one did stay on my cheeks for 7+ hours in hot, humid weather with little to no fading. I may not be a makeup expert, but I am aware that "Exposed" is not for me. Fuchsia, coral, peachy pink, and some plum shades suit my complexion better than red toned blushes, even though "Exposed" is described as a nude. I am positive that this is a great blush color for other people, but I wouldn't repurchase "Exposed". I may exchange for a different shade so I haven't given up hope on the Amazonian Clay blushes yet.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Ever since Nars cruelly killed off Douceur I have been searching for the best browny-pink blush. I have been through a few in my quest, none of which have made the cut (Hourglass Mood Exposure, MAC Buff). Exposed is my closest match so far in both colour and formula. The colour is a beautiful browny-pink, it is more brown than pink. As compared to the Hourglass offering: hourglass is more red pink rather than soft neutral pink. In comparison to Mac Buff, it has more brown and less pink, it is also more warm as Buff has a cool undertone.

The price is cheaper than most of the offerings, with the Nars Blushes retailing for AU $44.00 for 0.16 oz, Mac is $32.00 (pan blush) for 0.21 oz, Hourglass is $57.00 for 0.15 oz, and then Tarte Exposed is $38.00 for 0.2 oz. So definitely the least amount of product, however the formula means that it is hard to use up quickly.

The formula is stiff in a really good way. It doesn't have any dusty kick off but also has a lot of pigmentation. Even though the Nars has more product, it does have a little kick back and means that I have gone through a pan in about 9 months worth of daily use. So will have too see how fast this Tarte offering drys up.

Perfect tone, goes with absolutely everything. Every time I put it on after a couple of weeks without using it, I sigh a little bit because of how nice it makes my cheeks look.
I thought I lost mine recently and went out and bought it right away! Possibly all time favourite.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Exposed is a muted brown based raspberry with a hint of red/muted brown based warm plum. Its hard to describe the color but its a lovely neutral blush that goes with a lot of makeup looks. It gives a matte finish and longlasting. I love it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is the ultimate 'goes with everything' blush. Such a light & natural shade! It looks like you just did a hike through the winter cold. Since I have this I haven't worn any other shade, it is just so versatile. My skin is NC20 and I have freckles, for reference. Highly recommended!

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I agree with all the positive reviews of this blush! The colour is "just right", and looks good on almost all skin tones. I'm a nc20/25 for reference, and this blush looks so natural on me.
I wish the packaging looked a bit more "elegant", but other than that I have no complaints.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Favourite blush ever! This colour looks great on my nc15 skin. The product is pigmented, yet soft and buildable, and the packaging is cute. I never would have picked this colour from its appearance in the pan- it looks uninspiring and unassuming in the bad way, but as soon as I swatched it, I knew it was something special. It gives a lovely, "just right" kind of warm flush to pale skin.

For me, this product lived up to the hype, and how often does that happen? I have to hold myself back from over-applying because it is just that nice!