Urban Decay The Feminine Palette

4.2

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I just got this palette in the mail today! :) SO EXCITED! Here's a breakdown of the shades.
STRAY DOG- 5/5 Highly pigmented. Shimmer. A very soft cool toned brown. It's definitely a color that I would wear everyday.
SWF- 5/5 Highly pigmented. Shimmer with a pinch of silver glitter. A very pretty pretty soft pink. It's SUPER girly.
MIDNIGHT COWBOY- 4/5 Highly pigmented. Shimmer and lots and lots and lots of glitter. A peachy beige shade.
AQUARIUS- 5/5 Highly pigmented. Shimmer. GORGEOUS light teal. A great beachy/summer color.
DARKHORSE- 5/5 Highly pigmented. Shimmer. A deep dark brown with light gold flecks. This is in Naked Palette and it is for sure my favorite brown eyeshadow.
ECSTASY- 4/5 Medium pigmentation. Shimmer. A rich light purple. It's so beautiful but I think you have to use a purple base or really pack it on for it to POP.

Overall 5 out of 5! I love it!!! The packaging is UBER cute it has purple peacock feathers and purple roses all over it. I think this is a great deal you get 6 amazing eyeshadow, mini Zero eyeliner, and a mini Eden primer potion all for $34. It's a win in my book :)
-DarkGlamour17

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Wow. Saw this by chance at Ulta when I was running an errand. Couldn't help myself!!! Love the colors this comes with, the perfect shades for romantic/feminine looks. Comes with 6 shades, primer potion, and eyeliner. All of my favorite things! Only complain is that I feel the glitter in the shadows is a little too heavy, but when used with the matte primer potion, it evens out.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a great palette. The colors are perfect for my coloring (fair, cool undertones). The packaging is a good size, compact and not too bulky with a good size mirror on the inside. I like mixing darkhorse and ecstasy together and use them as eyeliner with a mac 266 brush. Stray dog is a great everyday color and I love SWF as a highlight for eyes or cheekbones. It's a great deal since you couldn't buy just the eyeliner and one shadow for the 34.00 the kit costs.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

The colors are gorgeous, but a few are hard to work with. I adore aquarius but unless you're a pro, it's difficult to make it look good on the eye. Midnight Cowboy is notoriously hard to work with, although a beautiful color. And the other shades are nice, but I just don't think they're worth the high price tag. I'm normally a drugstore gal and I was expecting more from a high end shadow.
The eyeliner is the best I've ever used and would repurchase separately. It glides on so smoothly!

Big, big fan of this product. This is my first UD palette, and I am in love with the quality of these eyeshadows. I make a subtle smokey eye using Midnight Cowboy (my favorite eyeshadow in the palette despite the glitter fallout), SWF, and Stray Dog. Those three colors along make the palette worth it to me even though it is fairly pricey.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this last month as a birthday gift. The shadows are super pretty (especially aquarius and ecstacy). I can create a nice neutral day-time look using the 'midnight cowboy' and 'stray-dog' shades and amp it up with a night-time look using 'dark-horse' and 'ecstacy'. All six colours have excellent pigmentation and are of shimmer finishes. They look pretty good on my medium skin-tone with the exception of 'surf' - its a light pink shade that I find a bit hard to pull off. Since I don't wear too many bright shadows, this palette is great since you get 4 neutral shades and 2 bright colours, so you can mix and match to create the look you want. Also comes with an UD eyeliner in 'zero' and an eye primer potion in 'eden'. 'Midnight cowboy' has a bit more glitter/shimmer than the other 5 shades, so it has a little bit of fall-out. Other than that, its a pretty decent palette.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This was my first UD palette and I had quite high expectations.
I am very impressed by a couple of the eyeshadows; Stray Dog, Dark horse and Aquarius. Those three colors are simply great! the two browns are great for everyday use, and very versatile and easy to work with. The aquarius color is a bit harder to work with, but a great color for spring and summer. I especially love to put it under my eye with a nude color on the lid and mascara for a summery and simple look. As for the other colors, I am NOT impressed by the two light shades; swf and midnight cowboy. The fallout makes them very difficult to work with without ending up with glitter all over the place. Therefore i tend to never use those shadows. The purple color ecstasy is beautiful and vibrant in the pan, but when I apply it to my eye it just doesn't do anything for me. It might just be my skin color. The eyeliner that comes with this product is my HG eyeliner, and I buy it over and over again.... glides on like silk and the lasting power is amazing.

All things considered, i wouldnt buy this product again because:
1. 2 out of 6 shadows are of lousy quality.
2. I find it hard to create looks with colors only from this palette, because there aren't any matte lid or highlight colors. I always need to have some matte shades in a look, if not I look like a disco ball.
The two browns I would def. buy seperatly though!

this is my full review about this palette

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

This is a good palette but I expected a palette than offers a useful pink color and highlighter for softer smoky eye looks. But the offered pink is way too glittery to be used for a soft day look, and Midnight Cowboy as well which leaves you with 4 out of all 6 colors to build that feminine look. The turquoise is very nice and I love it a lot, same goes for the two browns, very pigmented and smooth, and a nice matte purple color which is nice too. But I feel like this palette really needed a pink shade in the texture of the other 4 usable colors and looses a lot by lacking it.
The eye pencil is very good and I love it, very smooth. It's not the most intense black but it's still very good because of its soft texture.
The primer is okay, it works (preventing crease) but it's not as good as Too Faced's SI imho.
All in all I don't regret buying this on sale but I will not buy it again and I should warn people not to expect a soft pink look to be possible with this palette which to me was essential for that feminine look........

I got the Feminine palette at the beginning of the summer, and it's become my go-to palette for travel and generally pretty, easy eye looks! I feel that the colors compliment one another, but you can easily create distinct looks with different shade combinations and not look as if you're wearing the same look every day. My boyfriend currently lives two hours away and right now we take turns driving to see each other every other weekend. I always pack this palette with me and find that I don't need much else aside from a mascara, my foundation, and a gloss or two for the weekend!

I love doing a smoky brown eye with Stray Dog, Darkhorse, and Midnight Cowboy. Sometimes we'll go get brunch and go for a walk, and I like to wear SWF all over the lid for a very minimal but pretty look. And when we go out at night, I love mixing Aquarius and Ecstasy in some combination with the other shades. I feel the eyeliner compliments everything very well, and it's easy to use for a sultry cat eye. I removed one star because part of me wishes there was one less neutral shade and one more bold or "different" kind of a color, for added variety.

Sephora currently has this palette on sale for $19! I highly recommend picking one up while you have the chance. I just got one as a back-up and two more for Christmas gifts for friends. :)