Jo Malone Earl Grey & Cucumber

No Image

3.8

on 3/18/2017 5:03:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

It is a good summer scent in that it's fresh and minty, but it's also soapy on me and the combination of soapy and minty is a bit too much like an early morning pre-work routine of shower and toothpaste. It doesn't combine on my skin into something more than its parts, like many Jo Malones. This one is not for me.

on 12/29/2016 10:48:00 AM

Signature summer scent. This smells absolutely wonderful on my skin - perfectly balanced. Mmmmm...

on 8/10/2014 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a quirky aroma. I don't get much in the way of earl grey tea nor cucumber. I just get a clean and sharp fragrance. I prefer it an hour in, I find it a bit sharp when it first goes on. Not bad staying power but it might be just that it is new to my nose. My favourite Jo M scent, Lime Basil Mandarin, last minutes on me! It reminds me of a less abrasive perfume that I think is called Molecule 01, which is supposed to send people wild. It didn't, it just gave me a headache and I gave it away! But I do like this JM one, clean, fresh and pure. UPDATED - I grew to dislike this very quickly. Fickle old me! Too sharp and acidic. Managed to sell on Ebay!

on 1/16/2015 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I'm a perfume addict and love Jo Malone London Earl Grey & Cucumber Cologne. This cologne is rather pricey ($120 + tax for 3.4 fl oz), but I couldn't resist!! This particular scent is light (fresh and sweet floral smell) and it lingers for awhile after using 2 - 3 sprays. The bottle is simple yet elegant and sophisticated. I bought it from Nordstrom and if you want a smaller size, they do sell a 1 fl oz bottle ($60 + tax). If you happen to buy multiple Jo Malone perfumes, you can mix and match the smells to produce another smell (they provide a handout that you can follow/reference). Jo Malone has a good selection of scents and different products (candle, diffuser, room spray, etc.) to explore.

I understand there are other perfumes that smell amazing and are cheaper, but I would definitely recommend the Jo Malone collection. I will be repurchasing this specific scent once I run out!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Truly a unique scent. I received this as a sample when I bought Peony & Blush Suede and they actually layer together beautifully! I think i may purchase a full size to continue mixing with the other scents. It's clean but not floral or citrusy. Very balanced.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think I just found my signature scent!

Jo Malone's Earl Grey scent is sophisticated, elegant, and unique. I don't think any other perfume in the market carries the same scent. It smells exactly like earl grey tea, but with a refreshing top note and a powdery dry off. I would recommend this fragrance for daily wear and in business environment. And I layer it with the Jo Malone's Red Roses scent.

My only complaint is that the sillage is quite poor (one lippy off). I need to re-apply the cologne every 3-4 hours. However, the smell lasts longer if you spray it on your clothes or scarves.

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I must have sprayed all the Jo Malone fragrances on me at one point in an attempt to find one that I like. When I heard that Jo Malone brought back the limited-edition Earl Grey and Cucumber as a permanent offering, I tried it. It's my favorite of all the Jo Malone fragrances, but that's not saying much, since I don't like any other JM fragrance I've tried. The Earl Grey and Cucumber has the sharp, citrusy note of Bergamot that makes Earl Grey tea so distinctive, but I don't get any of the cucumber that I hoped would lighten and balance it out. This smells like the plethora of green tea fragrances that were popular in the Nineties. I like it and will wear it (I bought a full-sized bottle for $110 so I'd better wear it!), but I don't know that I'd buy it again.

on 4/24/2012 10:56:00 AM

I love this. At first when this 'tea line' came out I missed buying the Earl Grey and Cucumber. In fact I don't even remember trying it. I was too obsessed with the Sweet Milk scent. Then the whole line was gone; unavailable except on Ebay for near twice the original cost - insanity. I love it but I'm not willing to pay MORE than the original retail price! Anyway..back to this. I ordered a small decant of this and became enamoured with it. Honestly I don't think it smells like earl grey tea OR cucumber but I just love it. Nieman's just brought this line back on their website (except for the sweet milk, darnit!). I just placed an order for 2 bottles of this. Great stuff!

on 7/14/2013 4:54:00 PM

I have been searching all summer for a light, crisp scent with lasting power. Not easy. I wanted something that wasn't flowery or citrusy and this is it! Love it. Feminine to me (reviews below say unisex or masculine but I don't get that), and clean without being soapy. I also love that it can layer with my fave Jo Malone, Honey & nectarine. It gives it a nice fresh update and creates my own signature scent :) I have already received numerous compliments!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This fragrance was a favorite of mine many moons ago, but when I ran out I found it was discontinued. Evidently late last year./early this year it was brought back, and I was thrilled. I immediately ran out and bought a bottle, and I still say it is amazing. Light and crisp, more of a unisex scent and not the least bit cloying. I am no perfume expert, but I do know what I like, and this is it! On top of it all, I'm not allergic (a feat in and of itself!). I just hope JM keeps it around this time!

Popular Fragrances