no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 years ago

My nails are dry and ridged and none of my favorite brand offered any moisturizing treatment (other than the usual oils). I had to search, literally, high and low and was thrilled to find this on the floor level shelf of an Essie. It was my very first Essie treatment product and I have since repurchased it. It's a winner because I can: 1. Pick this up at most drug stores 2. Have a base coat that does more than pretend to stick my polish better 3. Hydrate my nails while wearing polish This is not a strengthener so anyone purchasing it with that expectation is going to be disappointed. It has a specific purpose and, for that, it is quite effective. Because of its perpetual low stock and awkward placement in stores I'm paranoid about its availability so I always stock a backup bottle. Hope they don't stop making it.

About reviewer (62 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBrunette, Kinky, Coarse

1.0

6 years ago

I gotten this at a warehouse sale so the price is not what I paid for at a store. However, I will not have paid for the price. This nail strengthener did the total opposite of what it's suppose to do. It made my nails brittle and it takes more than a minute to dry. The only good thing I could think of is there seems to be no expiration date, as far as I could find on the box packaging.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

6 years ago

I love this product...it has done wonders on my nails. They were suffering fro. extreme dryness this winter with everything from splitting, cracking and peeling. I tried gel nails, oiling they heck out of them and then finally this. feed me brought them back and grew them like a weed. Within one week I was astonished. the nail beds went back to pink and Within 2 weeks they were back to gorgeous. highly recommend :)

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Tan

HairBrown

7 years ago

I'm not a big fan of essie but with the sephora OPI, this works really well to stay on atleast a week without chip.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

8 years ago

My nails were super weak an dry and were peeling constantly. I bought these on a trip to Las Vegas which, due to the weather, made this problem even worse. I could tell a difference within a day or two and my nails have gotten better and better. I will keep this in my routine as I haven't had any tears since starting to use it.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlack

3.0
from

8 years ago

this product seems to be performing okay. it does seem to be moisturizing base coat. it's more liquidy than most polishes. i really meant to buy the essie get rich but i bought this based on the description of it being moisturizing. i probably won't repurchase because there are other products that have much better feedback and i prefer a thicker polish to hydrate my dry nails. i agree with the other review that the type of remover used can play a role on how dry the nails get.

About reviewer (369 reviews)

Age

SkinAcne-prone, Dark, Warm

HairBrown, Kinky, Coarse

1.0

9 years ago

Didn't do anything for me. I used this faithfully for almost 2 months and my nails are still a peeling mess. On to the next one...

About reviewer (43 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

3.0
from

9 years ago

My nails are a peely so I figured I would try something different at first I though this stuff was making my nails worse but now after sticking it out for 12 days I see some improvement. My nails grew a little faster then normal and I have had a little less peeling. The little ridges in my nails still look the same. As far as my wear on my polish this base coat seems about average. After two12hr nursing shifts I had some tip wear and some minor chiping after. (at work I was my hands a ton). I used this under dark polishes and didn't exprience staining. I do think this base coat is a little pricey for something I bought in the drugstore at $8.

About reviewer (41 reviews)

Age25-29