Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation
Aqua FoundationAqua FoundationAqua FoundationLmdB and KGDLmdB and KGD family

4.6

(BE-1, PK-1, 0C-1, 0C-2): Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Sea Water, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Mica, Glycerin, Phytosteryl / Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate, Sodium Chloride. Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Acrylates Polytrimethyl Siloxymethacrylate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol. Dimethicone. Phenoxyethanol, Stearic Acid, Aluminum Dimyristate, Silica, Zirconium Dioxide. Talc, Isostearyl Sebacate, Alumina, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Squalane, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Betula Alba Juice, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Betula Alba Bark Extract, Kjellmaniella Gyrate Extract, Algae Extract, Alpinia Speciosa Leaf Extract, Iron Oxides

on 5/15/2018 6:02:00 PM

There is too much aluminum in this foundation for me to feel comfortable using this. I'm surprised that such high end foundation would use so much of toxic chemicals in its formula. While the foundation applies beautifully and coverage seems to be good (doesn't even need silicon primer), the ingredients that makeup this foundation is just a no-no for me and I advise women-- especially PREGNANT WOMEN to stay away from this product.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

My holy grail foundation ! I live in Asia and the weather here is really hot .This foundation makes my skin flawless all day long without being cakey or oily even when I sweat because of the weather .
It is really light coverage but it lasts all day . In the end of the day when I remove make-up , my face still looks fresh .
Pros : no scent , it does not oxidise , really light coverage , do not clog my pores , has spf 25 , not cakey even when I sweat ,
Cons : difficult to find in Asia ,

This is a great gel foundation with sheer coverage, I use this as my makeup base to even out my redness and dark spots.

The shade comes along very great with my skin and it lasts for quite a long time without leaving any greasiness (note: I have a very oily skin). Plus, the foundation gives a very radiant look with camera-perfect finish, so it works very well for events.

However, I experienced some break outs on my skin when using this product for daytime or outdoor activities.

Perfect shade, sheer coverage, luminious finish, and stay all day long (even when you're sweating and working on many activites)!!

Creates a glowing and supple look along with its extremely light texture (doesn't feel like wearing any!).

Despite from its high price, this foundation is totally a HG product.

on 3/26/2015 9:08:00 AM

This is a performance based foundation, meaning that you don't expect it to perform for like 11 hours and get away with it, no. It photographs beautifully, no flashbacks (at least from what I experienced). The shade it has is mostly very limited. I have dry-ish patches on my face and this does eccentuate that, if you have dry skin, try the HD Foundation by MUFE, that caters more for dry-normal skin types. Will I buy it again, yes, basically because this is so nice on the skin, easy to blend, has my perfect shade match.

on 5/12/2014 3:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have the old formulation which I purchased off HauteLook. I have the color OC-1 which is the perfect color for me. I am around NC 20-25. The formulation is a silky smooth light to medium finish, buildable. If you have blemishes, you will have to use concealer for that extra coverage. It is not super long lasting but still provides 4-5 hours lasting power. This foundation looks so seamless like skin that people would ask me if I am wearing foundation. I have been using it non-stop since I have bought it. I like to apply the foundation with a brush because it gives me a more flawless finish. The packaging is in a glass pump bottle with a cap which I find very sleek. I would repurchase it again at full price but I know this product has been reformulated so I would have to try the new version.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've tried so many liquid foundations over the years (Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk, MUFE Mat Velvet, Clarins Instant Light, Dermablend, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, MAC, etc) and this is by far my favorite along with Giorgio Armani's Lasting Silk. It provides some coverage but I still need to use a full coverage concealer (MUFE full cover, Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage or Cle de Peau concealer) for acne scars and pigmentation. The Aqua foundation is amazing as it is nearly imperceivable on the skin! I have very oily, acne-scarred skin which makes most foundations look obvious and cakey but this one doesn't. I use Koh Gen Do's pressed powder (another HG) to set the foundation. This is my HG foundation along with GA's Lasting Silk.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

So incredibly happy with this foundation, it doesn't give me pimples after use it stays on ALL DAY , doesn't make my face oily and has the perfect shade for my skin tone!

on 3/3/2014 1:36:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I got the reformulated version, shade 213, I'm about a NW25.
It's a very natural foundation, but not as "naturally dewy" as my Bobbi Brown skin foundation. I find it not very runny as others have stated. But my skin is dry.
So I make it more dewy by mixing 3:1 ratio of foundation to face oil - I used Argan oil. It produced just the right amount of dewyness and made me look like one of those Korean actress. Maybe it's the oil that does it, but this foundation is great to be mixed with oil.
Overall great natural fdt, for dry skin moisturize heavier before hand.

on 1/28/2014 5:32:00 PM

OMG one of the best foundation I've ever used. Medium coverage, which I wasn't expect in the first place. Light weight but covers my acne scars very well. The staying power is amazing, comparable to Estée Lauder double wear! I'm Nc20-ish and BE01 matches my skin pretty good - it has some yellow tone in it which I prefer. I bought it from haute look on sale so the price does not bother me a lot. Overall a great foundation