Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation
Aqua FoundationAqua FoundationAqua FoundationLmdB and KGDLmdB and KGD family

(BE-1, PK-1, 0C-1, 0C-2): Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Sea Water, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Mica, Glycerin, Phytosteryl / Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate, Sodium Chloride. Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Acrylates Polytrimethyl Siloxymethacrylate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol. Dimethicone. Phenoxyethanol, Stearic Acid, Aluminum Dimyristate, Silica, Zirconium Dioxide. Talc, Isostearyl Sebacate, Alumina, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Squalane, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Betula Alba Juice, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Betula Alba Bark Extract, Kjellmaniella Gyrate Extract, Algae Extract, Alpinia Speciosa Leaf Extract, Iron Oxides

on 11/2/2017 8:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

One of my best foundations ever!

I range from an NC 30-35 and at my 'tannest' I lean at an NC 37-40 (I stay out of the sun and religiously apply sunscreen) and I use the shade '143'. Offhand it can look a little dark but it is amazing once you blend it out, it also has great warm olive undertones without leaning too yellow on me.

Because of its undertones, I actually like to use it as an 'olive foundation mixer'. The other day, I mixed in a pump of this with my YSL Touche Eclat Foundation in B40 (which leans a little too neutral for my liking) and it created a fantastic base!

It is pricey, but the coverage is amazing without being cakey while still looking luminous. I find that it looks better with a brush; I use the Real Techniques Expert Face brush.

You can't get it in Malaysia however, I purchased mine from Takashiyama in Singapore.

on 6/9/2017 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This foundation looks great applied with a foundation brush or beauty sponge. My primary tool is a Beauty Blender and it worked beautifully. I don't have lots of acne, but have small breakouts here and there and was pleased with the coverage. I always apply concealer over trouble areas and under my eyes so I appreciate the light consistency of this foundation. It didn't make the concealed areas look cakey. It covered the flaws on my face making it look more like my skin instead of makeup. However, it did not completely hide acne without some type of concealer or color correction. It is just not "heavy" enough for that. If you need that kind of coverage, I would not suggest this foundation. I always have trouble with the pores around my nose because they are big and noticeable with makeup and this foundation doesn't accentuate them much if at all. I found it doesn't stay on my face long unless I use some sort of setting powder or spray, but that is a habit for me with any foundation I use, so no complaints there.

on 5/14/2017 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Wanted to love this so bad, I thought it would naturally give me a sheer glow but also make my dry skin look presentable and cover slight red spots, my skin is pretty clear and it stuck to dry patches and sat on top of my skin, didn't give me any sort of glow and honestly had better foundations from the drug store, sad this is so raved about :( I saved for so long for this and waited for it to come in the mail :\ disappointed for sure especially for the hype and price point.

on 5/13/2017 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This foundation is very nice and I get lots of lovely comments on my skin when I wear it. I'm a neutral undertone, an NW20 in MAC and the shade 002 suits me very well.
The best way to apply the foundation I've found is to use a buffing brush. The only reason I haven't given it 5 stars is because I find that depending on how my skin is feeling, sometimes this looks like a second skin and sometimes you can see it sitting on the skin and clings to dry patches a bit. I do feel that you need a good skincare routine to go with this foundation.
Still, a very lovely foundation

on 3/23/2017 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I am currently on my 3rd bottle of this foundation which says a great deal! As I am a bit of a foundational junkie and like to try new ones when I finish a bottle. But I have to go back to this foundation because it seriously is the best foundation for looking like you're not wearing any.

The coverage is very light but I love that for daytime wear and I can build to medium for night time wear. It will never be full coverage but that's ok because I rarely use full coverage foundation. The lasting power is very good and doesn't get oily throughout the day.

The finish is more dewy than matte which I also love and it is very good at evening out skin tone and redness. A concealer is required for freckles and pimples. It doesn't crease into lines or show up on dry areas.

The shade range is minimal but I can use 213 in winter for my pale olive face and then I also use 143 on its own in summer when I have a darker olive complexion. I also find mixing the two together makes a lovely inbetween shade.

The glass bottle is gorgeous and I'm stoked it comes with a pump.

In conclusion, I love love love it and I will continue to purchase despite the cost because it is so worth it to me.

on 1/26/2017 1:58:00 PM

I ordered the samples from their website and wanted to like it after reading the good reviews. It was thin and didn't have much coverage and I had a reaction to an ingredient in the foundation. I usually don't have an allergic reaction to makeup. It was the worst foundation I have used sadly. If u would I like try I would proceed with caution.

This is my first ko gen doh foundation. I usually use armarni luminous silk.
I applied it using my artis oval 7 brush,
On first application, I found it super thin, hardly any coverage at all. It sunk straight in my pores. Giving me a polka dot look.
I layered it again , which made me feel so chalky . I won't be using it again.
If you like sheer coverage, you might like it.
I like a medium coverage. And this foundation doesn't ever go from sheer to anything else.
I can see why other people say it feel like your wearing nothing on the skin. As it looks like there is nothing on the skin either, worse foundation I've ever tried. And a high price aswell.
Not worth the hype !

This worked ok for me but wasn't my favorite. Staying power wasn't there compared to a lot of other products, the color didn't do it for me, and it is a bit sticky. will not repurchase

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

My holy grail foundation ! I live in Asia and the weather here is really hot .This foundation makes my skin flawless all day long without being cakey or oily even when I sweat because of the weather .
It is really light coverage but it lasts all day . In the end of the day when I remove make-up , my face still looks fresh .
Pros : no scent , it does not oxidise , really light coverage , do not clog my pores , has spf 25 , not cakey even when I sweat ,
Cons : difficult to find in Asia ,

Best foundation EVER! It looks completely natural on the skin, like I'm not even wearing makeup. Doesn't make the skin oily, nor doesn't dry it up. The coverage lasts all day. It's great to conceal a pimple, and I even use it under my eyes on the days I'm a bit more tired than usual. I use 013, which was a perfect color for me. But, next time I'll have to go one shade darker, as I've started using sunless tanning.

My search for the PERFECT foundation is over, I'VE FOUND IT!

A bit pricey, but well worth it. A little goes a long way, so it should last you awhile.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!