Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation

Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation
Aqua FoundationAqua FoundationLmdB and KGDLmdB and KGD family

4.3

(BE-1, PK-1, 0C-1, 0C-2): Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Sea Water, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Mica, Glycerin, Phytosteryl / Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate, Sodium Chloride. Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Acrylates Polytrimethyl Siloxymethacrylate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol. Dimethicone. Phenoxyethanol, Stearic Acid, Aluminum Dimyristate, Silica, Zirconium Dioxide. Talc, Isostearyl Sebacate, Alumina, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Squalane, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Betula Alba Juice, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Betula Alba Bark Extract, Kjellmaniella Gyrate Extract, Algae Extract, Alpinia Speciosa Leaf Extract, Iron Oxides

on 3/12/2017 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is so expensive, I think this is the most expensive thing in my makeup collection, and the only foundation I have (which is not that much). I have dry skin and don't like heavy foundation. This one is quite lightweight and glides on smoothly on moisturizer and primer water. I like using dampened makeup sponge to apply this. I don't have much to cover, so this does the job of evening the skin tone, and matches my neck very very well. I cannot say enough good things about this foundation. Good thing I was able to save $10 when I bought this. The bottle is sleek and feels expensive. As expected from a Japanese makeup brand.

on 1/26/2017 1:58:00 PM

I ordered the samples from their website and wanted to like it after reading the good reviews. It was thin and didn't have much coverage and I had a reaction to an ingredient in the foundation. I usually don't have an allergic reaction to makeup. It was the worst foundation I have used sadly. If u would I like try I would proceed with caution.

on 1/8/2017 11:21:00 PM

I wanted to re-review this foundation after going back and forth with it. I've tried both Aqua and Moisture foundations, and while both are excellent, I have to say that I like this a lot better. I agree that Moisture has more initial coverage, but Aqua is a lot more buildable, and therefore can give overall, more coverage than its Moisture counterpart. This is a light-medium coverage foundation at most, which makes it an excellent base. If you need more coverage for problem spots, that is what concealer is for, really.

My biggest gripe with this foundation is the shade selection. I'm about an NC30 (GA LM 5.75, UD Naked 4.0, EL DW Rattan), and Aqua's closest shade, 123, is the closest to my shade but it's a little off (shade 123 in its Moisture counterpart is PERFECT btw). I'm guessing it's not yellow enough (it is on the pinkish side) so I come out looking slightly pale. Adding a half a pump of shade 143 with a pump of 123 brings me to a more accurate representation of my skin color (shade 143 is about NC35-40 I think, and is quite yellow).

I HATE that I had to buy two different shades to match mine, but seriously, after trying so many different foundations, this brand really, really is a winner for me. It has that popular "skin-like" natural finish, that provides a dewiness that does not look sweaty. My issue with these "your skin but better" foundations is that none of them seem to last more than 4 hours without it breaking up or completely disappearing. I hate touching up. This one lasts all day. ALL DAY. My favorite part is that it does not look like I have anything on, which is a very important criteria for me.

This also seems to work great in the summer. I'm oily during those months, and it seems to hold great with powder and doesn't make my face look like I came from the gym.

In a way, having two shades works out anyway, as I know I will get darker come summer, so I can customize my mix between the two shades.

Two shades at about $60 each seems steep, but I stopped looking for foundation because I've found what I'm looking for, not to mention two bottles will last me a long, long time. I just wish I found this stuff sooner - it would've saved me a lot of money!

I feel like I am the only person that does not get the hype around this foundation. I have dry skin and I thought this foundation would be glowy and luminous but on my skin it's a demi matte with average coverage. The foundation isn't bad but definitely did not live up to the hype nor is it worth the money (and I'm someone who spends money on expensive makeup a lot)

on 11/19/2016 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I have this and the GA luminous silk foundation. I find the Koh Gen Do to be a little more runny, but both foundations are very good. I have the shade 143 for my NC25-30 skin and it's perfect. I bought the sampler back off their website as I couldn't decide which shade would fit me. The shade 123 would be good for a NC20. Applies very easily and I prefer to use my fingers to get more coverage. Leaves my skin looking pretty/healthy, yet looking like real skin and doesn't make me look like I'm wearing foundation. This is a good every day foundation and the glass bottle is pretty to look at. :) Comes with a pump. $62 for 1.01 oz.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my go to foundation, heat cold rain or shine. This is the only foundation that hasn't broken my skin out and I am prone to pimples. This foundation can be mixed with other foundations if you are looking for more full coverage. This foundation is build-able but it is more of a sheer foundation. If you have red spots I highly recommend concealing before applying this foundation. I've found this foundation is best with a Beaty blender as opposed to a brush.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love my koh gen do aqua! Im on my second bottle. my one complaint is the coverage. it delivers light coverage and builds to a light-medium. I use concealer (Becca ultimate coverage concealer) on my blemishes or pigmentation underneath of my KGD. the color is 213 is a true olive. thank goodness!! it has no hint of orange, peach, or pink undertones. it is a true yellow beige with a hint of green. the depth is comparable to Mac ~nc20-25, imo. it blends beautifully with all of my brushes. the beauty blender absorbs too much product for my liking. It has a natural finish that is luminous but not dewey (looks like skin). I personally prefer to set it with powder (currently either nyx finishing powder pressed or it cosmetics bye bye pores loose). it does not cause breakouts on my extremely acne-prone skin. if it had more coverage, i would consider it my HG foundation. thanks for reading!

This is my first ko gen doh foundation. I usually use armarni luminous silk.
I applied it using my artis oval 7 brush,
On first application, I found it super thin, hardly any coverage at all. It sunk straight in my pores. Giving me a polka dot look.
I layered it again , which made me feel so chalky . I won't be using it again.
If you like sheer coverage, you might like it.
I like a medium coverage. And this foundation doesn't ever go from sheer to anything else.
I can see why other people say it feel like your wearing nothing on the skin. As it looks like there is nothing on the skin either, worse foundation I've ever tried. And a high price aswell.
Not worth the hype !

on 9/24/2016 11:05:00 AM

A foundation for everyday use. Highly recommend for people with normal to dry skin. The skin looks dewy and no one thinks you are wearing makeup.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Best foundation I've found so far for my sensitive, combination skin. I purchased samples from the Koh Gen Do website so I can find the right color. I can wear NW20 in MAC foundation and the 013 in this foundation was a perfect and better match than MAC. This goes on beautifully. It is medium coverage and looks very natural. It isn't dewy or matte which is strange but in a good way for me.. as it does not make the T-zone and oilier nor does it accentuate the dry areas of my skin. Amazing foundation really. I've been looking for over a year for a foundation to replace my Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid and think I've not only found a match but it is even better than that which was my HG foundation for years. This product IS expensive - $62 is more than I have ever paid for a foundation but for me, it takes very little to cover my entire face so I'm thinking that may make up for other options where you have to use more to cover face and neck. For me, this goes on best with a flat foundation brush and dotting it on face and 'buffing' it in. Highly recommend this one ladies!