Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation

Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation
image 1image 2image 3image 4

4.4

(BE-1, PK-1, 0C-1, 0C-2): Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Sea Water, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Mica, Glycerin, Phytosteryl / Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate, Sodium Chloride. Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Acrylates Polytrimethyl Siloxymethacrylate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol. Dimethicone. Phenoxyethanol, Stearic Acid, Aluminum Dimyristate, Silica, Zirconium Dioxide. Talc, Isostearyl Sebacate, Alumina, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Squalane, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Betula Alba Juice, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Betula Alba Bark Extract, Kjellmaniella Gyrate Extract, Algae Extract, Alpinia Speciosa Leaf Extract, Iron Oxides

This is my favorite foundation, and I hate foundation! I don't wear foundation because they are all too heavy and masking, however, not this one! The coverage is light to medium, and it feels weightless. It evens out my skin, and doesn't have that foundation look - the natural rosiness in my cheeks still peek through, making my face look more natural. And this blends like a dream...it sinks into my skin flawlessly whether I use my fingers, brush, or Beauty Blender. It's more $$$ than I want to spend, but it's worth every penny, and it also has a Pump!

on 7/7/2016 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I love this foundation but the only complaints are the coverage and shade range. I prefer sheer/natural finish foundations but even I need 2 pumps every time I use it. Because this foundation is pretty expensive, I mix 1 pump with a cheaper foundation so that I don't use it up too fast. Also, I use the darkest shade, 143, but it's ever so slightly too dark for me. I can make it work because it has the perfect yellow undertone but I don't like that the shade lighter than 143 is way too light/neutral for me.
I have worn this foundation for as long as about 11 hours with no problems.

To Read all 88 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/30/2016 5:51:00 PM

I really like this foundation. It would have to be the ONLY foundation I have ever tried that did not oxidise on me.

I would say the coverage is light but builds to a medium. It feels lightweight on the skin and it feels like you are wearing nothing. It doesn't accentuate pores but it doesn't exactly blur them out like some foundations do. It is also quite forgiving on dry, flaky patches. It is a satin finish thus making it great for work.

The only issue I have with this foundation is it is difficult to find in Australia. You can order it from Beatylish but you will need to do a lot of research and eyeballing internet swatches in order to determine your shade.

This is a foundation I will definitely repurchase!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Bought this on-line based on all the great reviews, and the rave on Nikkie-tutorials. Sadly it is not the holy grail of foundation for me, that it is for most people. Far too sheer, and sinks into pores on the first application. I built up coverage but too much looks ghostly and chalky. This is my second dud foundation purchase in a row - will now stick to what I know works- Armani Luminous Silk, and stop assuming that the holy grail of foundations exists for middle aged skin!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My holy grail foundation ! I live in Asia and the weather here is really hot .This foundation makes my skin flawless all day long without being cakey or oily even when I sweat because of the weather .
It is really light coverage but it lasts all day . In the end of the day when I remove make-up , my face still looks fresh .
Pros : no scent , it does not oxidise , really light coverage , do not clog my pores , has spf 25 , not cakey even when I sweat ,
Cons : difficult to find in Asia ,

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My favorite foundation! I've been using this for about a month and really like the results. It doesn't break me out, doesn't feel sticky (which is great for my normal to oily skin), and matches my skin tone perfectly (shade 113).

I would say this gives medium coverage. It looks very natural and hides discoloration pretty well to the point that I don't really need concealer. I like this for everyday wear, but would also wear this for special occasions. Another thing that I really like about this foundation is that it lasts a long time on my skin. Perfect for my long days at school and work (12 hours); assuming of course that I don't touch my face.

I was hesitant to purchase this at first because of the price, but I don't regret it because of the amazing quality of this product. I highly recommend!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have been using this foundation pretty consistently for almost a year now, and I have to say, it is my favorite foundation of all time. I love this foundation because it gives me natural, light to medium coverage and doesn't irritate my skin. I have extremely sensitive skin, and about 90% of the foundations I try break me out, but this one doesn't.This is incredibly gentle on the skin with great ingredients and is unscented. It is almost like a gel consistency, and it blends beautifully on the skin. I prefer using my fingers, because I get the most coverage that way. This is the perfect foundation for everyday and I highly recommend it.

This is a great gel foundation with sheer coverage, I use this as my makeup base to even out my redness and dark spots.

The shade comes along very great with my skin and it lasts for quite a long time without leaving any greasiness (note: I have a very oily skin). Plus, the foundation gives a very radiant look with camera-perfect finish, so it works very well for events.

However, I experienced some break outs on my skin when using this product for daytime or outdoor activities.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i ordered the samples from Koh Gen Do's website and they arrived in a few short days. I'm a medium olive-yellow complexion, but I get darker in the summer. It only took one try for me to figure out #243 was my color. It's a tiny bit darker, but it blends in fine and will be good (maybe even a tad too light) for summer.
Onto the foundation:
I wear this with Sephora's Amplified illuminating primer (new product and really like it) applied with a dry beauty blender (don't like how it applies with my brushes) set with Guerlain Meteorites in #2 (beigey color).
Wear time:
As I apply this with a primer, I don't know how it works without, but the wear time has been good. I've worn it 12+ hours; it sometimes can get patchy, but I have a tendency to touch my face a lot.
Formula:
I think this is a great mix between my faves Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua and Giorgio ArmanI Luminous Silk. It has the light coverage/naturalness of Chanel but the luminosity of the Armani (without the thickness of it). Beware, this foundation does not cover everything and I often have to go over it with concealer in some parts (I use Nars Creamy Concealer in Custard, which is pale yellow- might be a tad too light in the summer though).
I really love the look this all gives, It's very put together but still natural at the same time. I love a glow and this gives it. My skin is dry/combination right now in March, but we'll see how it wears by the summer.

on 3/8/2016 1:09:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I actually have 2 HG foundations: this one in the shade 213 and Nars Sheer Glow in the color Ceylan. For comparison, I am between NC20 and NC25, and Warm Sand in Bobbi Brown.

These 2 are the only foundations I've bought more than once and since I am "mature"😐 That's a lot of both high end and drugstore foundations.

First, the color match is ideal for me.

Secondly, the texture is perfect - skin like and satiny. Neither dewy nor matte.

Third, it's the first time I have a foundation I apply with my fingers and have it look perfect.

I'd say it has light to medium coverage. I am not sure you could build this more than medium coverage.

My method is to apply my Josie Maran Argan Oil SPF 47 Daily Moisturizer, let it sink in and then apply my Too Faced Primer. After a couple minutes, I put 1 pump to the back of my hand and apply to to middle of my face working outwards, patting with middle and ring finger. Then go in with a little more where I need it. After that I pat on some concealer in dark under eye circles, sides of nose and a red blotch on one of my cheeks. Then I blot with a tissue lightly to remove any oiliness or extra product. Then Mac Mineralized Skinfinish Natural in Light Plus with a fluffy brush.
My skin looks totally natural, like I just have nice skin and it remains like that for hours.

I discovered this on YouTube in a foundation video by the wonderful Karima McKimmee and am so glad that I tried it.