CTONICS

No Image

1.5

on 3/27/2011 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I wholly agree with the first reviewer on this line. I adore organic and natural products, but not at the cost of bad results and a larger price tag. CTONICS sounded like it would be a great fit for my hair type, but after buying Core Shampoo and Blossom Conditioner I've found that's not the case at all. Core is intended for oily scalps, and is a dark brown, foam-free cream that smells a bit like salty raw chocolate. It doesn't clean my hair thoroughly enough, and I have to use at least twice what I would of a normal shampoo. The conditioner claims to be deeply nourishing and moisturizing and is intended for dry, damaged ends. Honestly, seems just the opposite. It leaves my hair feeling like sticky straw, and if I use more to try to get some actual detangling results, it becomes hard to wash out thoroughly and the next day my hair is dull, greasy and gross. I know Core's products don't suck just because they're natural; Red Flower and others make flawless shampoo and conditioner. Disappointed I paid $68 for such poor quality.

on 3/13/2011 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I really really wanted to love these products. There are raving reviews online and the claims the company make, make the products seem wonderful. I bought Passion, Blossom and Milk.

When using Passion, conditioner is supposedly not necessart...well, thgat was not true for me. My hair tangled together with a dry, chalky consistensy. Using Blossom after cleansing with Passion added moisture, but my har was still really frizzy and tangled. It also felt really weighed down and looked matted.

Milk is supposed to be a lighter conditioner, but since Passion was so drying in the first place, this didn't add enough moisture.

In theory, I love the consept. I love the smell and the fact that is natural and unprocessed. It doesn't matter that a product is expensive or difficult to use as long as it delivers results. This, unfortunately, did not deliver the results I wanted.