E.L.F. Studio Matte Lip Color

E.L.F. Studio Matte Lip Color

3.7

Dimethicone, Polysynlane, Mineral Oil, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Polyethylene, Cerifera (Carnauba)Wax. Silica, Mica, Methylparaben, Tocopherol Acetate (VE), Retinyl Palmitate (VA), Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (VC), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499), Blue 1 Lake(CI 42090), Red No.6 Lake (CI 15850), Red No.27 Lake (CI 45410)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product isn't matte persay. It has a creamy texture and applies beautifully but it definitely isn't matte matte. But it isn't shiny or glossy either!

Colour payoff is super pigmented, colour selection is amazing. (I got Wine and Praline)
Because it's so cheap and affordable, you can buy more colours if you like the product.
Pretty sweet that this came with a sharpener attached to the pen.

My suggestion would be to try this item instead of the Colourpop's Lippiestix. (I hated the formula and texture of those. It smelled like crayons and honestly felt like colouring crayons on your lips too..meh)

This doesn't tug onto dry lips and doesn't exaggerate dry skin on the lips either. Pretty good stuff, go get it already!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse

I put it on at 7 in the morning and by 12 it was completely gone, this happens only on my lips with any product because they're so chapped and dry (its inevitable for me). I expected it to happen and sink into the dry lines of my lips, but it didn't! Even though the color faded away, it faded nicely, not crusty. Its very thick but glides on smoothly. A little product also goes a long way. Wasn't moisturizing but wasn't drying! Definitely worth the $4 and I would repurchase.

To Read all 198 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/25/2016 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This lipstick seems to be very popular, but unfortunately it did not work for me. I picked it up at Old Navy in the color Tea Rose. Old Navy did not have a huge color selection, but this looked like a nice subtle pink-nude on the box. In reality it turned out to be much more purple -- sort of a lilac-mauve which didn't flatter me at all. While I like cool tones, this washed me out to the point that I looked half-dead in it. I have a very pale complexion and can't do pastels without looking washed out; I think Tea Rose would work best on someone who can handle very muted colors (and who likes purple lips!). The formula is not chalky but not as creamy as I would have liked; I found it went on more smoothly when I applied it over lip balm. The price is certainly terrific but I don't think I would repurchase one of these, even in a different color -- I like a more luscious lip than this formula can provide.

on 9/20/2016 2:34:00 PM

I have officially found my HG lip color - and I'm as surprised as you are! Who thought a $3 lipstick could kick all others to the curb? I will say I do not use the nude/neutral shades of this product (not my thing), but I'm assuming their staying power is equal to that of the bolder colors I've purchased. The shape of the product itself makes the application so easy: smooth, creamy and super accurate lines thanks to the smaller-than-usual head. The best part - it literally stays on all day! The color may not be AS intense when you're done with work as when you began, but this is the first lipstick (not stain) that has shown me this staying power without any reapplication. I have lips that seem to always be chapped or dry, and this does not further dry them out, it actually feels kind of like a thick balm, and it does not make any "dry lip lines" more prominent.

I will say, to set my lipstick I do the little "tissue over the lips then blot over with translucent powder" trick. Most certainly helps in the mattifying and longwear departments but this lip color is fantastic even without that extra step. I will continue to purchase these lip colors again and again and again. Claps, e.l.f.!

PS my favorite color is Berry Sorbet - a universally flattering and highly pigmented purple!

on 8/22/2016 11:46:00 PM

I picked these up on a whim because they were on sale, and I can't say no to matte lippies. First off, I love the packaging. I love lip crayons, and jumbo pencils, and that is exactly what this is. Not too large, but perfect for creating the perfect shaped pout. I was a bit disappointed in the pigments. I was hoping for a more pigminted item. The colors come out, but not as dark and opaque as I had hoped. They're good for every day. They last a decent amount of time. Don't know if I would buy again, but they're ok for the $3 that they are.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I really wanted to love this one, I just couldn't. I have in shade Coral, the shade I like but the consistency is awful. I find this to be drying (needs a lot of lip balm underneath, regardless how I prep my lips) and it's quite patchy when applied. It comes off really easily, as well.
I know a lot of people enjoy this lipstick, but I don't. I think it could be a bad batch I have..

A very creamy lip product in a retractable pencil style that is somewhere between a lip chubby stick and a lip liner. I bought this in the color "Natural" which is a nude/pink shade, a little lighter than I expected but still a very wearable color for me. This lipstick applies easily and dries down to a matte finish. The end of the pencil has a removable sharpener so if you like to keep a sharper point on the end, you can achieve this easily. I really like this product as you can apply it precisely like a lip liner and yet it is still quick to fill in your lips because it is bigger than a liner but not as big as a chubby stick. There is no detectable scent and the formula feels so smooth on application. Even when it dries down, it is not completely drying on the lips, there will be the slightest hint of transfer but I'd rather that than super dehydrated feeling lips. I will definitely repurchase, as there are some really great shades to choose from, not to mention the price is right! This is one of my favorite quick and easy lipsticks.

on 5/2/2016 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I got this product in Praline. I plan to purchase more ASAP! I have dry lips, and constant problems with lip products wearing off. I was very pleased with the 4-6 hour longevity I'm getting under normal circumstances! My daughter has most of the shades in this line. She reports that they are all very good.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

BEST LIPSTICK EVER. I own this in the shade Praline, which is absolutely perfect for me to wear every day. It's My Lips But Better. It's super hard to find a matte lipstick that isn't super drying, but this one doesn't dry me out at all. The colour lasts for hours too! I wouldn't say it lasts all day, but I can get a good 4-6 hours out of one application before it starts to fade. The feel of it on my lips is barely noticeable, which I love. Oh, did I mention it was only $10 (NZD)? And ELF doesn't test on animals.
I would say that the stick is a little thick for precise application, which wouldn't be good for a red or any other bright shade. That's the only bad thing I have to say about this product. I'll definitely buy more shades.

on 4/6/2016 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

In a previous review, I said I was done with matte lipsticks. Yet, I have had this ELF Fuschia color for some time and have been reaching for it more often. It is wonderful! I use as a lip liner and at times a lipstick.

The Fuschia color, to me, appears to be the perfect red color. I have worn them without a balm or gloss on top and haven't found them to be as drying as some of the other matte lipsticks.

Thanks ELF for the great product!

Popular Lipsticks