E.L.F. Studio Matte Lip Color

E.L.F. Studio Matte Lip Color

3.7

Dimethicone, Polysynlane, Mineral Oil, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Polyethylene, Cerifera (Carnauba)Wax. Silica, Mica, Methylparaben, Tocopherol Acetate (VE), Retinyl Palmitate (VA), Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (VC), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499), Blue 1 Lake(CI 42090), Red No.6 Lake (CI 15850), Red No.27 Lake (CI 45410)

on 8/10/2017 7:15:00 AM

Have this in praline and wine. Love the first! Very easy application, product is matte, stays on ok and wears really well. 1 star off bc the stick hippie broke without me dropping or knocking it around, but overall this is an excellent line if you find suitable shades

'Natural' is pink with a mauve cool undertone that really is gorgeous. No need for liner with these. I usually use a Chanel lipstick but this color is perfect for Summer - Winter. Not drying, amazingly inexpensive at £4.50. I'll be stocking up on this color because it's very very flattering to my blond hair/ blue eyes/ fair skin. A pop of lip balm underneath and this lasts hours.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I really love these lipsticks. They're simple, no-frills, every day kind of lipsticks. I always keep at least one in my purse for lipstick emergencies (or if the lip color I chose for the day isn't working.) I recently had to repurchase a couple of these as the old ones I had went bad, and the formula and wear is just as good. These are actually one of my favorite products from ELF, and I am always surprised every time I bust one out and wear it.

on 6/14/2017 10:01:00 PM

Bought this in 3 shades as it was on a half-price sale, in Tea Rose, Natural and Praline. Sadly I didn't like the first two colours, as I found Tea Rose to be more mauve than rose, and Natural just washed me out (and I am very pale but with fairly pigmented lips). Praline is sort of an interesting light brown I might wear in the fall. I like the format that is sort of halfway between a lipstick and lip liner, and makes it easy to apply precisely. Love the fact it has no scent or taste, and it seems nice and matte to me.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I have this in natural (nude) and tea rose (purpley nude mauve) and they are GORGEOUS. They are matte, but super comfortable. I own like 3000 lipsticks and these are some of the highlights. Definitely worth the low price, and the nudes are super flattering!

on 6/8/2017 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have the color Natural, and I want to buy pretty much every other color they make eventually. I have fair skin and red hair, with very light lips. Nudes in the wrong shade can seriously wash me out, and I don't like very pink lipsticks either. This shade is a nice match for me and suits almost any look I wear.

I love the formula of this, the pigment is there and it goes on smooth. It dries down matte without accentuating any dryness on my lips. The built in sharpener at the end it a big plus because this gets misshapen pretty easily.

The only con is I worry about breaking/flattening the color into the tube if I press too hard, but so far I've had no problems.

on 5/28/2017 11:06:00 AM

The shade Scarlet Night looked divine on my olive/medium skin! It dries to a matte finish, colour stayed on for almost 6 hours (without food but drinking is okay). One thing though, the crayon inside is significantly thin and feels fragile that I'm afraid of breaking it if I use too much strength.

on 4/27/2017 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Love this fat lip pencil/lip color in Praline. I am Asian, yellow olive skin, NC 30-35, with highly pigmented lips with cool undertones. This is one of those MLBB categories with the additional advantage of being easy to apply.

For reference, IMO one of my favorite MLBB is Wet n Wild barely legal shade. This is a cross between that and Mac lip pencil spice (which is a bit too light).

This wears well and evenly assuming your lips are moisturized and exfoliated beforehand. The opposite end of the pencil, where the color is painted, pops off to reveal a cute sharpener, but I haven't needed to use it despite multiple wears of this.

on 4/14/2017 10:10:00 PM

I only have this in Praline, but I have to say I really like this lip color. I have been wanting to try ELF products for a while and tried one of their moisturizing lipsticks in Ravishing Rose. The quality was very nice as well as the color but ultimately it was too bright and the lipstick had a really sugary taste that really turned me off.

I am pleased to say that these Matte Lipsticks do not have that. Praline is a nice nudey brown color and I am one who cannot have too many nude colors as it's the color I wear most often. Some may call it the famous 90's brown lip color that was so popular back in the day. I would agree with that because I likely wore a color very similar to that back then.

Anyway, for the price, around $3.00 at Target. this is definitely a keeper for me. I find the tube to be pencil like in form but easy to carry around. I knew ELF products were good, for me it was a matter of finding a shade that worked well for me and this is it. I give this 4 and a half stars. This and Bare it All from Wet N Wild are my go to matte nude lipstick shades.

Well done ELF! This and your Kabuki brush are my holy grail products!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have this in praline. It feels very slippery when applied. I expected it would smear and fade quickly, but it lost that slip once it dried down. It's not a true matte finish, but there is very little shine. The semi-matte finish makes this really wearable since it's not drying and feels light on the lips. It fades nicely, not settling into dry patches. You can reapply over old applications no problem, it doesn't get patchy or weird looking. I wear this when I don't want to think about my lip colour. Reapply whenever I remember, and never have to worry about eating, drinking, or kissing. The packaging is fine. It's easier to apply than classic lipstick.