E.L.F. Studio Matte Lip Color

E.L.F. Studio Matte Lip Color

3.7

Dimethicone, Polysynlane, Mineral Oil, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Polyethylene, Cerifera (Carnauba)Wax. Silica, Mica, Methylparaben, Tocopherol Acetate (VE), Retinyl Palmitate (VA), Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (VC), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499), Blue 1 Lake(CI 42090), Red No.6 Lake (CI 15850), Red No.27 Lake (CI 45410)

on 5/28/2017 11:06:00 AM

The shade Scarlet Night looked divine on my olive/medium skin! It dries to a matte finish, colour stayed on for almost 6 hours (without food but drinking is okay). One thing though, the crayon inside is significantly thin and feels fragile that I'm afraid of breaking it if I use too much strength.

on 4/27/2017 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Love this fat lip pencil/lip color in Praline. I am Asian, yellow olive skin, NC 30-35, with highly pigmented lips with cool undertones. This is one of those MLBB categories with the additional advantage of being easy to apply.

For reference, IMO one of my favorite MLBB is Wet n Wild barely legal shade. This is a cross between that and Mac lip pencil spice (which is a bit too light).

This wears well and evenly assuming your lips are moisturized and exfoliated beforehand. The opposite end of the pencil, where the color is painted, pops off to reveal a cute sharpener, but I haven't needed to use it despite multiple wears of this.

on 4/14/2017 10:10:00 PM

I only have this in Praline, but I have to say I really like this lip color. I have been wanting to try ELF products for a while and tried one of their moisturizing lipsticks in Ravishing Rose. The quality was very nice as well as the color but ultimately it was too bright and the lipstick had a really sugary taste that really turned me off.

I am pleased to say that these Matte Lipsticks do not have that. Praline is a nice nudey brown color and I am one who cannot have too many nude colors as it's the color I wear most often. Some may call it the famous 90's brown lip color that was so popular back in the day. I would agree with that because I likely wore a color very similar to that back then.

Anyway, for the price, around $3.00 at Target. this is definitely a keeper for me. I find the tube to be pencil like in form but easy to carry around. I knew ELF products were good, for me it was a matter of finding a shade that worked well for me and this is it. I give this 4 and a half stars. This and Bare it All from Wet N Wild are my go to matte nude lipstick shades.

Well done ELF! This and your Kabuki brush are my holy grail products!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have this in praline. It feels very slippery when applied. I expected it would smear and fade quickly, but it lost that slip once it dried down. It's not a true matte finish, but there is very little shine. The semi-matte finish makes this really wearable since it's not drying and feels light on the lips. It fades nicely, not settling into dry patches. You can reapply over old applications no problem, it doesn't get patchy or weird looking. I wear this when I don't want to think about my lip colour. Reapply whenever I remember, and never have to worry about eating, drinking, or kissing. The packaging is fine. It's easier to apply than classic lipstick.

on 3/1/2017 6:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have Praline and Coral, they stay on for a LONG time. For the price they are amazing, they have a nice smell too.

on 2/19/2017 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Bought this in Praline - color is pretty, more brown-based than red/pink when i viewed swatches online but still cute design and more of a creamy matte. The pencil-like applicator is nice. Cheap, but the color is identical to the Beautifully bare touch of nude lipstick and elf's older moisturizing lipstick "In the nude".

Im finding that a lot of the nude/neutral brown lipsticks by elf are looking exactly the same - like dupes of the same formula just in a different applicator. Still like this for the $$$. Would like to try a berry color but afraid the color vs. swatches may be off.

ETA: Even though the colors may be similar to other colors in the lipstick line of ELF products - I do love how cheap ($3) and easy to apply these matte lip color "pencils" are! I ended up buying a few more colors (natural, cranberry, tea rose) and I love how they apply and how handy they are to grab and go. I'm wearing "tea rose" today - and I found it to be a pretty muted mauve color. A little darker on my lips (if I look pale) but I love these! I'm surprised a lot of people didn't like "tea rose" (found lots of ppl selling theirs) I think it's a great spring color! I'd love to buy them all, but the berry toned ones I doubt I'd wear very much. May buy Berry Sorbet for fun - not sure.

WOULD LOVE TO FIND CATWALK ORANGE - it seems to be discontinued!!!!

on 12/5/2016 10:37:00 AM

Love this matte lipstick. Non drying, stays put, praline is a perfect shade. I stock up on this as this color seems to sell out a lot at my local stores. For drug store brand this is fantastic and I prefer this over the expensive stuff.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product isn't matte persay. It has a creamy texture and applies beautifully but it definitely isn't matte matte. But it isn't shiny or glossy either!

Colour payoff is super pigmented, colour selection is amazing. (I got Wine and Praline)
Because it's so cheap and affordable, you can buy more colours if you like the product.
Pretty sweet that this came with a sharpener attached to the pen.

My suggestion would be to try this item instead of the Colourpop's Lippiestix. (I hated the formula and texture of those. It smelled like crayons and honestly felt like colouring crayons on your lips too..meh)

This doesn't tug onto dry lips and doesn't exaggerate dry skin on the lips either. Pretty good stuff, go get it already!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse

I put it on at 7 in the morning and by 12 it was completely gone, this happens only on my lips with any product because they're so chapped and dry (its inevitable for me). I expected it to happen and sink into the dry lines of my lips, but it didn't! Even though the color faded away, it faded nicely, not crusty. Its very thick but glides on smoothly. A little product also goes a long way. Wasn't moisturizing but wasn't drying! Definitely worth the $4 and I would repurchase.

on 9/25/2016 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This lipstick seems to be very popular, but unfortunately it did not work for me. I picked it up at Old Navy in the color Tea Rose. Old Navy did not have a huge color selection, but this looked like a nice subtle pink-nude on the box. In reality it turned out to be much more purple -- sort of a lilac-mauve which didn't flatter me at all. While I like cool tones, this washed me out to the point that I looked half-dead in it. I have a very pale complexion and can't do pastels without looking washed out; I think Tea Rose would work best on someone who can handle very muted colors (and who likes purple lips!). The formula is not chalky but not as creamy as I would have liked; I found it went on more smoothly when I applied it over lip balm. The price is certainly terrific but I don't think I would repurchase one of these, even in a different color -- I like a more luscious lip than this formula can provide.