Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion
24/7 Glide on Perversion24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion

3.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Synthetic Wax, Hydrogenated Polydicyclopentadiene, Nylon-12, C20-40 Alcohols, Perfluorononyl Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate, Polyethylene, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol. [+/- (May Contain/Peut contenir): CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77019 (Mica), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), CI 77266 (Black 2)].

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have worn eyeliner for over 50 years now and can honestly say that this is the worst product I have ever used. To be truthful I would have rather have given it a zero, but there wasn't an option for that. It runs and smudges in a very short space of time, I have never had this problem before and have used many products, but always end up going back to L'oreal or Dior.

What really angers me is, aren't these products supposed to be 'rigorously' tested before sold? As a pensioner I cannot afford to waste my money on rubbish such as this. My advice steer clear.

on 5/17/2017 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got this product with one of the Urban Decay palettes that I bought and I would not purchase it after trying this! The only thing I love about this liner is how black it is. Man... It sure does "Glide-On" and right after that it GLIDES RIGHT OFF. It stays in my waterline for about less than two hours. One time I made the mistake of putting this on my top lid (with a primer) and it made me look like a panda within three hours. The only thing I like using this for putting a line down on my top lid (guide line for wing) and then putting a liquid eyeliner on top. Back in the day I wanted to purchase this too, I'm so glad I didn't. I'll use it up but not my favorite!

on 5/13/2017 1:06:00 AM

If you`re looking for a pigmented, smudge-proof liner that will give your eye a clear outline, this pencil is not for you. In my case, I prefer the smudged-out, smoky liner look, and for that it`s fine. When I wear this, I just contour my socket slightly, apply this on my upper, lower lash lines and in the upper and lower waterlines. Then I smudge, smudge, smudge for a soft, washed out smokey eye that I can wear to work. I pair it with a dark lipstick and I`m good to go. It stays on okay, but I can see it moving and getting grungy as the day wears on. For the kind of look I create with this, that`s fine, because a smokey eye looks best when it`s imperfect and lived in. But if I wanted an HD, Instagram look with clear cut edges, this pencil wouldn`t be my choice. All in all, I like it and I would repurchase.

on 3/1/2017 2:08:00 PM

I've tried several of these pencils (including this black one) and I don't understand the hype. I guess it depends on your skin type, sensitivity/etc... but I don't like them. They absolutely do not stay on my waterline (most eyeliners don't though) and they seem to give me a headache. They aren't smudge-proof at all, even on my top/mobile lid area... The color selection is nice but beyond that, I don't like them.

on 2/27/2017 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

AVOID!!
super expensive and makes my eyes watery and itchy.. I look like I was dehydrated or something when i use this product.. the other shades are fine but i wanted something normal, hence i opted to buy for the black one... BIG mistake. They are of different formula. I would rather buy somethinch cheaper and dont feel ripped off

It feels very harsh to give this pencil a 1 star, but the reality is that it sits unused in my collection for a reason. While Perversion may glide across the back of your hand smoothly when you swatch it in store, it DOES NOT go on smoothly or easily over my eyeshadow looks.

I simply do not have this problem with my favourite brand of pencil eyeliners that I have tried- Milani. With those, I put on my eye primer, an eye look that might use pressed pigments, cream and/or powder eyeshadows layered, etc- but when I go to put on my liner, it glides across all of it effortlessly, and creates the nice opaque line I want without needing to go back over and over.

Since getting that I haven't used this liner once.. it's just not worth it to me. It gets gunked up with shadow particles and I need to clean it off and go over the line several times to get the rich, dark black opacity I want. I really regret purchasing this guy.

I should note, I've heard about smudging and smearing problems others have with this pencil, but I don't experience that at all, though I never use this under the eye or in the waterline, only on my upper lash line.

on 2/22/2017 7:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I am usually a winged liner kind of person but with this it's near impossible unless I sharpen it real carefully. The formula is just toooo soft. I have this eye pencil in Demolition (brown) and I absolutely love that one! The colour of this pencil is really black. Like really black and the application is smooth. But I have to sharpen it every time I use it because the formula is so soft. It just isn't worth the money if I'm going to use it up so fast. Pros Lovely black Stays all day, does not smudge Cons: Too soft, cant draw a fine line Can't draw a winged liner Requires sharpening every use; will use up too fast for it to be worth the price.

on 2/7/2017 5:43:00 PM

I got this in a set with Perversion mascara. I do love 24/7 pencils, but my favourite black pencil is an Estée Lauder one I got free years ago, which they now only seem to make in brown (I look awful in brown liner), so I hadn't bothered to try this before. I really like it - I don't have the issues with smudging that others do, although I do always smudge my liner anyway (90s teen and graduate of the Courtney Love school of eyeliner) before it sets. It is lovely and black, and I find it stays on fine. Generally wear Too Faced shadow insurance and sometimes put a dark shadow over the liner to set/blend. Points off cos I agree it's not brilliant on the waterline, but I don't find it awful like some reviewers do, it just doesn't have the best staying power especially compared to the Estee or Bobbi Brown gel liner, but overall I'm a fan and would buy again.

on 2/7/2017 3:28:00 PM

I like this product, its easy to apply and stays on very well, however, I don't like the fact I can't make a decent wing with it. I prefer gel and pen eyeliner much more.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I tried this pencil both for eyelining and for tightlining. As mentioned by many reviewers before me, the texture is too soft which makes it hard to get a nice, precise line on the eyelid. The line will also smudge after a relatively short time. As I prefer a thin line on my upper eyelid and usually don't do my bottom lid/waterline, the smudging is very apparent. Those black smudge stains, by the way - very hard to get rid of.
As for tightlining, I encountered the same problems. The product will transfer to my bottom waterline almost instantly and after a few hours it'll end up on my bottom eyelid area. (Release the Panda!)

For those of you who prefer relatively thin, precise application, this product will almost certainly not work. It's just too messy. Even if you apply only a small amount and spread it with a brush, it won't stay in place.
For intense, smoky looks, it kind of works better BUT it'll still move and eventually clump. And you will have to reapply it on your waterline.

By the way, I always use UD primer potion and eyeshadow before applying eyeliner. I mention this in case you wondered if I get bad results because I apply the product on oily eyelids.