Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Brow Mousse & Brow Brush

Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Brow Mousse & Brow Brush

4.3

Dimethicone, Methyl Trimethicone, Ceresin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Microcrystalline Wax/Microcristallina Cera/Cire Microcristalline, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hydrogenated Polycyclopentadiene, Squalane, Lecithin, Caprylyl Methicone, Isopropyl Titaniumtriisostearate, Sodium Lauroyl Aspartate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Zinc Chloride, Propylene Carbonate, Kaolin, Phenoxyethanol, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am in a love and hate relationship with this product. Firstly, this product can give you a very natural to defined looks depending on how much you apply. Personally for me, I have very thick and black brow hair but i apply this to give my brows the desired shape I want. It can really give me a very natural look or if i want a very defined look. However, the downside is that the product dries up after 8 months of purchasing it. Secondly, this product last a really long time. I have used it almost everyday and its not even half finish. Lastly, this product is super super oil proof, sweat proof and waterproof. It can last up to 12 hours without going off.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

if you have half an hour spare to do your brows in the morning this product may work for you. it has hardly any pigment at all, I had to sit there for 20-30 (im not kidding here) just going back in and building up the coverage it was like I was putting nothing on my brows its so sheer it reminds me of kids makeup, no matter how much I dug my brush into the mousse I couldn't get enough product to fill in my brows it was so frustrating and it didn't keep my brows in place either I had to go back over with brow gel which wiped away my 20 minutes of hard work, I would not recommend this product at all so disappointed with tarte!

To Read all 49 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have a lot of fine, soft, and pretty much translucent hairs making up my brows. and this product did not work at all for me.

cons
my main problem was that it did not blend well. The result was a patchy look, as if I took a dried out sharpie to my brows. The product did not cling to the hairs at all, but rather smudged onto the skin underneath them. Thus, the product did nothing to hold the hairs In place or hold any shape. Don't know if it was my technique, but result was messy looking

Pros
However, I can see this product working if you already have thick, full brows with dark pigmented hairs and you just want to fill in or define a shape to them.

Little spooly thing it comes with is awesome and I want to keep it, but won't because I'm sure Sephora will check the box when I return it

A friend of mine also said the product dries up within about 6 months
At any rate, expected more of this $40.00 (CA) product!

on 2/8/2016 6:30:00 AM

PROS:
- BUDGE PROOF (stays on foreverrrrr)
- Incredibly pigmented
- Glides on effortlessly
- No weird smell
- COMES WITH BRUSH AND SPOOLIE (what is not to love here??)

CONS:
- Can make your brows look sharpie-like if you're still trying to perfect the fleekness to your brows (ahem, me lol)
- Unforgiving if you overload your brush or overdo your brows because once it's on, it's on

on 1/19/2016 10:57:00 AM

I'm surprised at all the good reviews for this product. I bought this a couple years back just to try it and because ABH was in the middle of coming out with new shades, so I wasn't able to purchase just yet. This stuff is whack! This stuff would just wipe off, so my brows would be gone midday. Definitely NOT smudgeproof. After trying better brow products I put this in the back of my drawer and have recently found it again. It was dried up so I rewet it with the Inglot duraline drops. Still a crappy brow product. I will never repurchase. Glad it's worked out for others tho.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is my favorite eyebrow product so far! The color is perfect and stays on all day, unless I put too much, then I feel like it rubs off easier.

I have blonde hair and always have trouble finding a brow pencil that matches my natural brow color. I bought this in the color 'taupe' , and I have no complaints. It may appear to be a little pricey, but it lasts forever without drying out, and comes with a dual ended angled brush for applying and a wand at the other end for combing out and blending the brows after applying color. Taupe matched perfectly for me and I love how it lasts all day without smudging or wearing off. Overall, I'd recommend it and buy again.

For those of you who aren't confident in your capabilities of applying brow mousse with a brush, it doesn't take much time or practice to figure out. It's incredibly easy, and just remember: a little goes a long way! ;)

on 11/20/2015 12:35:00 AM

This is my miracle brow product.

I've had this for... ever. you'll have it long enough that you will need to wash your application brush, or it'll gather and that's no fun.

seriously, I bought this in the rich brown in july 2013 and it's the end of 2015 and i still have like half the pot yet. I was my older sister's guinea pig growing up and it left me with a permanent bald spot on one of my brows so it's mandatory for me to wear this every day. every. day.

well worth your money! tarte continues to impress me

on 10/12/2015 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

When it comes to brows, I'm a newbie, amateur, and prefer very natural. After reading all the great reviews of this product here and on Sephora, I decided to take the plunge (I had been using Hourglass's Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil and found it ok). So far (it's been a few weeks), I'm surprised by how easy it is to use and how great it looks. I have dark hair and small, green eyes so medium brown suits me. It goes on fairly dark and I use the brush to even out the color and mute it a little. Will repurchase, although it looks like I'll be able to get a lot of use out of the little pot.

on 7/13/2015 10:51:00 PM

I am a big fan of Anastasia brow products, but am currently having a hard time finding a brow shade by her that matches me. A makeup artist suggested this product to me because this products medium brown color is perfect for me. I love that it is matte, where as Anastasia's Dipbrow Pomade is more glossy. The price for this product is pretty fair considering it includes a brush, however I do not love the brush. The product itself though is great and stays all day, even when wet!

Popular Brows Products