4.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

I've had this brush for 2 years now I believe, maybe even longer. I used to use it for foundation and often got good coverage out of it, but I don't really enjoy using foundation brushes much (prefer clean fingers or the BH cosmetics brush found in one of their sets- legit better than a Dior one of the same model). However, I use this brush for many other things. I use it to contour with my Marc Jacobs mega bronzer, which is lovely but needs a dense application to show up on my medium olive skin (especially in the summer) and I've found this to be amazing with my Kevyn Aucoin cream contour as well as highlighter. This is one of those products I actually think I'd buy again, and I'm tempted to buy the advanced airbrush kit because of it.

About reviewer (54 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

from

3 years ago

I was using the Professional Airbrush #55 when I heard that this #56 brush was even better. Since I was already thrilled with the #55 I was excited to go get a brush that would be better. Unfortunately I have to agree with the posters who says the #56 works best with heavier or cream foundations. I only like this brush for applying my tinted moisturizers and BB creams but the #55 is still the way to go for liquids. The #55 is bigger and fluffier and still my favorite way to apply my MUFE Ultra HD foundation. That foundation and the 55 just go together like a dream. The #56 is multi-functional though. Besides using it for my cream foundation, the small head makes it a good size for blending out contouring, highlighting and it even fits nicely down the sides of the nose. A good brush overall but not holy grail.

About reviewer (150 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

4 years ago

I absolutely love this brush probably my fave makeup brush. I use it to blend my Sephora airbrush foundation and to blend my under eye concealer it's such a wonderful, soft brush And blends like a dream also many washes and she's still perfect I would repurchase in a heart beat

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

4 years ago

I love this brush. I use it to apply my Lancome Teint Idole foundation everyday and it's so fast and easy! UPDATE: I've used this almost every day for a year now, and I'm starting to notice the bristles are looser than what it used to be, an it's loosing it's shape. This is the first brush I've used consistently for a whole year so I'm not really sure how long brushes are supposed to last, but just thought I'd update. I thought this brush would last at least 2 or 3 years...

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

2.0

4 years ago

I have had this brush for a long time, and I almost never use it. I find the bristles are too floppy to apply foundation seamlessly, and I thus wind up with streaking every time. I've tried using it for cream blush, and it seems to just disturb my foundation. I have a somewhat small face, yet I also find this brush to be somewhat too small to apply foundation. The Sigma F80 is my favorite brush for applying foundation, and it's $24 (plus, there are always discounts available) versus $32.

About reviewer (975 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

from

5 years ago

I think this brush is awesome for applying foundation. I use it with my Bare Minerals complexion rescue and also my new foundation from Chanel which is very thin and runny. I appreciate that it captures the foundation and keeps it on the tip instead of soaking into the center where it does no good. I am comparing it to the Bare Minerals foundation brush which seems to soak up all the foundation into the center and it is much more difficult to get clean. This brush does a nice job of evenly applying your foundation and in a nice sheer way or heavier if you apply a second coat. It can also be applied in your nose creases and those harder to reach spaces. It also cleans up try easily Highly recommend and I am fairly picky…. I got mine on sale so the price was very reasonable.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone

HairBlond

EyesHazel

5 years ago

A salesperson at Sephora recommended this brush. She said that it can be used to apply foundation, blush, and highlighter. At first I thought it was too soft, but actually it works perfectly when applying my mineral makeup. It gives a soft focus effect to my face. I now use this brush more than any other brush I have.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesOther

5 years ago

It works so well with cream products! Dense enough to buff into the skin without absorbing all your pigment. It's the only brush that I have a backup of. The size is what makes it a winner. Other brushes designed for cream are bigger. I like precision, and the 56 delivers that. I've used it with other formulas too, like the very runny Nars All Day Luminous, and it distributes liquid well. But still, it's my cream brush.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesGray

5 years ago

This brush is my new addiction. Before I was using another synthetic brush from a regular line at Sephora - but these days I am obsessed with #56! If you are doubting whether it is worth the money - it truly is. Very dense and nicely designed, this brush also has got a plastic cap which makes it handy for when you travel. I have no problems washing this brush either, just soak it in baby shampoo and rinse off. It will dry in 3-4 hours. There is a full on review on #56 brush, I leave the link below in case you want a candid opinion: http://theppb.wix.com/thepartyparrotblog#!Favorite-Sephora-Pro-Brushes/cmbz/D458628A-94B1-49B0-B522-F529B6104343

About reviewer (557 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Other

6 years ago

I absolutely love this brush! Although I know it's a foundation brush, I use it for my cream blushes. Oh, la....what a perfect, natural finish! No matter how crazy I get with plastering a blush on, this brush quickly and smoothly blends the edges and gives me that much coveted gorgeous finish. I've used it with many kinds of blushes and am 100% happy with it's performance on all of them. It's holding up great, but I feel like I need to stash a couple in case Sephora gets crazy and discontinues them. One of the best brushes I've ever owned.

About reviewer (28 reviews)

Age56 & Over