Origins Plantscription Anti-aging serum

3.3

water/aqua/eau, butylene glycol, dimethicone, glycerin, jojoba esters, anogeissus leiocarpus bark extract, rosa damascena flower oil, laveandula angustifolia (lavender oil), pelargonium graveolens flower oil, illicium verum (anise) oil, citrus aurantium bergamia (bergamot oil), carthamus tinctorius (safflower) seed oil, myristica fragrans (nutmeg) kernel oil, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) oil, citrus nobilis (mandarin orange) peel oil, citrus medica limonum (lemon) peel oil, litsea cubeba fruit oil, hibiscus abelmoschus extract, geraniol, linalool, citronellol, limonene, sigesbeckia orientalis extract, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) seed extract, mangifera indica (mango) leaf extract, psidium guajava (guava) fruit extract, polygonum cuspidatum root extract, centaurium erythraea (centaury) extract, micrococcus lysate, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract, scutellaria baicalensis root extract, salicylic acid, phytosphingosine, glycyrrhetinic acid, sodium hyaluronate, phospholipids, acetyl hexapepetide-8, caesalpinia spinosa gum, methyl trimenthicone, zinc pca, caffeine, ammonium acryloyldimenthyltaurate/vp copolymer, arginine, caprylyl glycol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, polysilicone-11, hexylene glycol, dicaprylyl carbonate, tromethamine, tocopheryl acetate, carbomer, silica, phenoxyethanol (iln37277).

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

HG. It's billed for anti aging but this stuff clears up my clogged pores and texture issues like nothing else. It's also completely gotten rid of emerging smile lines and an annoying forehead crease. The best part? Absolutely no irritation. I use it twice per day and have already bought a second bottle.

I generally find big brand anti-ageing to be ineffective but I really like this and have repurchased many times. My skincare goals is maximum anti-ageing but it must get along with other products since I layer and mix a lot. I feel that this smooths out the skin, makes it look brighter and absorbs well, mixes well with other actives and makes my skin look more put together. This is my AM serum where I use 2 pumps mixed with a few drops of oil, absorbs fully and never pills. Its a light yellow cream-gel consistency with virtually nil fragrance. The formulation has improved over the years and I always feel like its $ well spent. The real test is the lazy morning when I just flop into bed the night before and take off nothing, in the morning, I still look great and my skin looks fed. I first got hooked when I asked for 5 sample packs since its what you really need to road test this. I don't like anything else in this line though, the eye cream gives me millia by the truckload and the cream does not absorb but this, its great and I would say this is something you can buy blind, even better with a code.

To Read all 38 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have dry sensitive skin and the person who gave me a mini facial said no one has a bad reaction to this product. No one? Well my face is now red after 3 days of using it morning and night. I'm bringing it back Monday and getting my money back.
I'll have to try another brand for my aging skin.

Pros
Nice packaging
Dispenses nicely
Absorbs quickly

Cons
Made my face red all day
Pricey

UPDATE
I kept using it and my face actually likes it. I think my face reacted to the mega mushroom serum and moisturizer the salesman gave me samples of and said I should use all products together.
So for now I'm liking this product. My face is smooth and soft. Not sure it's worth the price but so hard to find a serum that's isn't pricey.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Eh, I could take or leave this product. I didn't feel it did anything for my skin good or bad. I used it almost every day under my moisturizer, after cleansing and toning. I will also say I haven't found many serums that actually benefit my skin drastically or perform miracles, and this is no different. Not a must-have!

My skin feels great and looks good, too. I've had several facials since I've been using this (on my 3rd bottle) and each time was told that my skin was great and I should keep doing what I've been doing. Surprisingly, the people doing the facials get a percentage of the salon product sold so I actually believed them. All three women said that my skin was terrific for someone 'of my age', 62-64! I did NOT like the Dr. Weil mushroom product but love the plantscription SPF-25 anti-aging day and night cream, serum, the Drink Up! and the Mega-Bright (excellent for my very fair self). Just wish someone could develop a product to remove the sagging jowls and other ravages of gravity and long-life now that the wrinkles are under (some semblance of) control!

The Origins counter gave me 2 little rubes as xamples to try at home, I was so excited because I really want to use this skincare regimen, but since de 2nd day of use I felt my skin irritated with a lot o sensitivity (I don’t have sensitive skin) and my skin goes itchy, during the day I felt my cheeks and the skin around my eyes burns terrible, I was thinking that it was about food or my make up or something different, I never realized that was the miracle Plantscription serum. I stop ti use it immediately and today after three day without use I still feel the itchy sensation, and, the burns in my cheeks, hope this feels pass quickly.

I used this serum for about two weeks..apart from that nothing changed in my beauty regime.
What it claims...brighter youthful skin with the help of its concoction of antioxidants and Retinol..hmm
My skin sensitive dehydrated and oily t-zone
If you have sensitive skin steer clear I say...because I spent a good month hiding from my reaction (irritation) and a good two months trying to get rid of the residual pigmentation it left me with.
I broke out in a red tiny pin point prick hives all over the areas I placed this on.
Anything anti ageing or claims they contain Retinol or stem cell technology be extra vigilant as certain irritants are used preserve these. Will never purchase this again..that was my experience. Hope it's been helpful.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Will need to update this as I've only used for a couple days, but so far I love the texture and scent. Skin feels velvety after application. I'm hoping I like this as much as the SPF 25 moisturizer, which I just bought my second jar of.

In response to a reviewer below I just wanted to mention that Origins has always been an Estée Lauder line. It did not start off as an independent line and get bought -- it was launched by EL in 1990.

This is one of my favorite Origins products -also, thus far it is the only product from the Plantscription line that has this much effect on my skin. Some pros and cons:
Pros:
-I can actually see the difference after using a bottle (30 ml), my skin has almost never been that good. No more redness or irritation, and no dryness at all
-Scent is very natural
-Absorbs quickly
-Packaging is airtight, very hygienic

Cons:
-the price of course.. I will buy again if I can find on sale.

I swapped over to the Origins brand after an incredible mini facial at the John Lewis store, Oxford St, London.

I like the whole mixing science with nature aspect - I know they're now an Estee lauder company which for some reason made me feel disappointed but I was intrigued by the products and their ingredients.

I bought the white tea cleanser, the white tea toner and the Plantscription moisturiser and the Drink Up face mask. This alone cost me a fortune so I made do with the generous samples of the Plantscription serum the sales assistant gave me.

I tried the Origins range I bought first with my original serum that I was running out of (Dr Organic). Immediately better skin - plump and just glowing.

I then tried it with the serum. VERY impressed. It seems to work on fine lines almost immediately and my skin soaks up moisturisers far more effectively. I hope my skin doesn't 'get used' to this any time soon. This and the Drink Up mask are working wonders.

Next to save £60 to buy the serum!