MAC Studio Careblend

MAC Studio Careblend
MAC Studio CareBlend/Pressed Medium Plus

4.2

Talc, Boron Nitride, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Zinc Stearate, Myristyl Trisiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil Unsaponifiables, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract, Silica, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxhydrocinnamate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Potassium Sorbate [ May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Maganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Ultramarines (CI 77007)]

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This powder is perfect for people with dry skin. Goes on very smooth, has very light coverage, yet blurs out minor beautifully imperfections. The best part is that it doesn't cling to dry patches, and leaves skin looking slightly mattified but in no way dull. Just perfect.
A really wonderful powder! I prefer it even over Chanel. I use it too set makeup/ perfect skin in the morning, and to freshen up my face later in the day. Never causes any breakouts and never looks cakey, good to use in winter and in summer.
The packaging is simple and compact. There is a decent color selection, I have it in light plus and it is very neutral unlike many other mac products that tend to be either too pink or too yellow.
Beautiful silky powder, virtually not visible on the face (in a good way- you look like you have nice skin, not a ton of makeup even if you look closely). Must-have for all dry-skin ladies. It is not cheap, but it lasts a long time, and is worth it.

on 7/25/2016 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my main powder I use on my face and brilliant for people with dry skin.

The powder itself is slightly more refined and 'soft', which is why it doesn't feel like a desert on your face.

Some people complained it doesn't have much coverage, when in reality its main coverage is supposed to be MEDIUM. However like with most products it's all down to what you use to apply the product.
Sometimes if I want a very sheer coverage, I dip a very fluffy brush in and dust it on.
If I want slightly bigger coverage, a sponge will do the job. It has always lasted me until I took it off, however people with more oily or combo skin I would imagine having to touch up throughout the day.

I keep 3 of these powders in my kit- Light shade which I use to set my under eye concealer with and highlight at the same time (amazing for the under eyes by the way, doesn't dry out and doesn't set in lines), Medium for setting all over foundation and Dark for slight contour and warming up my face.

Also don't know how it does it, but it photographs beauuuutifully!

This is my holy grail pressed powder for dry skin. Works really well if you have dry skin. It's still matte but it's more creamier. I found select sheer to be too powdery for my dry skin. It has more coverage than blot powder but less than studio fix powder.

I have this in the shade light which is a pale neutral with a bit of yellow. It's a pretty good match for my NC20 skin tone. Light plus also works for me, it's more yellow but it makes my foundation look a shade darker because I'm adding more colour to it. I only use careblend as a setting powder.

Wear time is average, 3-4 hours before I have to blot. No different from select sheer powder.

Update: Still my HG setting powder. It's seriously the magic powder for dry skin. On my 6th compact. There's nothing like this on the market. Will continue to use this forever.

Update 2: I'm darker now due to summer nc20-25 and light plus is a better match. Light was making me look really ashy. I also got it in medium but it's really pink, more for nw 20-25.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I really love this product to lock into place foundation on clients or when a client wants minimal coverage I apply some tinted moisturizer or moisturizer and I put this.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My skin has become drier then usual due to the cold weather, which causes everything to crack apart on my face. This powder has become my go to for the past month. It has a beautiful satin finish without looking greasy and sets my foundation nicely.
Medium-nc20/25

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is by far the best powder I've ever had. I have acne scarred oily skin and I know a lot of people will say stay away because I'm oily or acne prone but nope! This gives my face such a soft focus! Mattifying powder make my scars stand out and the texture of my skin look rough. However, after this product sets, it gives such a healthy glow and soft focus to my skin. It moisturizing but not overly moisturizing. I wear studio fix fluid nc35 and during the summer I'll mix in a pump of nc40 (nc 40 alone can be way too yellow for me) and I set it with careblend medium dark.
Beautiful finish. Great product been purchasing for two years now .

on 12/10/2015 6:22:00 PM

I have nothing bad to say about this product, iv got very light skin and the lightest shade matches me perfectly, its buildable too. If i use it with a stippling brush i can get a much better coverage, its nearly like a powder foundation, if i use a normal powder brush i can get very light to average coverage. it lasts on my face, the packaging is good. Well worth the money

on 9/15/2015 7:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am nw20 and use Light Plus in this. I have been on this mission to try new powders lately. Unfortunately, every other brand (& MAC Mineralized powders) break me out or I have a reaction :( So I kind of gave up. I have been using MAC Select Sheer pressed for 15 years-ish. It was my go to powder. I tried prep and prime from MAC and it was nice. But I wanted to go back to a flesh colored powder. When I went back to Select Sheer, it was still nice, but my aging under eye area was not looking the best after dusting a light setting layer of Sheer Select over it (I was in my 20's when started using it, now I am 41). So out of my obsessive need to keep trying things, I thought, lets' give Careblend a try. The artists kept telling me it was a touch less matte and slightly better for dryer skin than Select Sheer (though Select Sheer is still a great option). I bought it to replace my Select Sheer and just thought I would give it a shot. For the first time after trying all of those other powders I had the best of both worlds! I had that beautiful flawless look but without seeing or smelling the powder on my face (& no skin issues)! Select Sheer was great, but it never quite gave the same airbrushed affect as Careblend does. Careblend does not add to my under eye issues at all either. I am actually fighting the urge to buy a back up because I never want to be with out this. I have been using it for a month now with no allergic reactions or breakout issues! My powder obsession is over now, I am quite content!

on 6/27/2015 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This pressed powder from MAC is really best on skin that is quite dry and does not like a powdery finish. If you have mature skin or skin that has a tendency to flake, this powder is probably better than most, with a nice color selection. (It won't make wrinkles look worse.)

However, I have combination to oily skin so every time I use this, I wish I were holding MAC Blot Powder instead. Blot Powder absorbs oil without adding color or texture. That's what I want.

Careblend has more pigment than a regular setting powder and so even though I bought the Light color, I sometimes feel that it's adding too much color to my face. Blot Powder is translucent, so even though I buy the Medium color in that, it looks more natural on my fair skin than this.

Buying a foundation or powder that really isn't meant for your skin type is usually a mistake. You end up feeling like the teenage boy who likes action movies but gets trapped taking his grandmother to see a Helen Mirren vehicle in which she plays the Queen again. The movie is probably great, and Helen will no doubt be nominated for an Oscar, but it's playing to the wrong audience. The boy wants to see dinosaurs eat people while Jeeps blow up. I want to get rid of my shiny T-zone.

If you read the positive reviews, they're written mostly by women with dry to very dry skin who don't like powders that are designed for teenagers. If you read the negative reviews, they're written mostly by younger women who have acne prone or oily skin and think this powder sucks at blotting. Unfortunately I fall into the second category.

So I'm begrudgingly rating this a 4 even though it's wrong for me. I wanted to rate it a 3, but realized it was unfair to do so. It's not the quality of the product; it's the fact that my skin type is too oily for it.

I'm putting MAC Blot Powder in Medium on my shopping list. Then I'm going to buy a ticket to see a movie with pyrotechnics in it. Not that I don't appreciate a good art film now and then.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This works really well on my dry skin. I use a liquid foundation, and this sets it really well. Lasts all day and its the only mac powder that works for my dry skin. Have repurchased it and I use it everyday.