Elizabeth Taylor Violet Eyes

Elizabeth Taylor Violet Eyes

3.0

on 8/15/2014 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

The pretty packaging of this got me to buy it. A friend of mine wears white diamonds and it smells good on her, so I had pretty good expectations. When I put it on, I'm really disappointed. It really smells rank when you first put it on, but it settles and doesn't smell that bad. BUT the scent wears off so fast that I don't even smell like I'm wearing any perfume at all. This is just not for me....

I've seen SO many rapturous reviews on various websites about this scent and I don't get it, sorry. Gives me a headache! A friend gave me a bottle she'd received as a gift because SHE didn't like it, and because she and I often like different scents she figured I might. That's when I started looking up the reviews because I HATED it. Cloying, cheap-smelling and not at all clean. A shame -- I always like discovering new perfumes.

Just before christmas I tested this on the back of my hand . Everyone muxt have thought I was crazy because I couldn't quit smelling it ! I got around to buying it 2 weeks ago and have worn it just about every day.

Violet Eyes is similar to Light Blue on its opening . Light crisp and fruity, but I have Light Blue and seldom wear it. Violet Eyes settles down to a devine, soft floral with a hint of fresh citrus. I think it is just perfect for warm weather . The floral notes are flirty and sweet without going overboard . Perfect!

This perfume has longevity that is unreal. I can still smell it 8 hours later. So many fragrances fade into nothing quickly. The price is good too !

I don't think the package is anything special. Too, too much like White Diamonds and that line. However it isretty enough and I love the color.

I'm in love !

on 4/9/2012 7:18:00 PM

Not that great...

See-saws between smelling too sweet and smelling too peppery on my skin.

And the packaging could be better.

on 3/9/2012 10:02:00 AM

It has taken me several months to decide how to review this scent. It is not one of my favorite frags but I enjoy having it in my collection. I also expect, having purchased this in the winter, that I will reach for it more as the weather improves, it seems more of a spring/summer scent.

The most confusing part of this frag is the lasting power, upon my first couple of uses I thought it had horrible staying power. I can't smell it much an hour or two after I put it on. But, I've since realized that this perfume does actually stay all day and has decent silage, it's just one of those scents that blends with my skin so much that I cease to realize it's still there unless I take a piece of clothing off and put it back on or sniff it the next day. So if you like this scent but feels it disappears quickly, rest assured, it does not, you still smell good!

As for the scent itself, I'm bad at describing notes, but it's a light floral with a hint of musk and warmth. I get some cedar and amber, muted by a stronger floral, some rose and jasmine I think, and then maybe a touch of fruit in it as well. Nice and light and unoffensive.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I sampled this at walmart and I was surprised its light, fruity fresh very nice BUT it kept reminding me of a familiar scent then I remembered its a lot like luscious pink and I already have l.p. So I probly won't buy this but the bottle is pretty and I like the white diamonds bottles they look classy and nice on the dresser so idk maybe if I get it on discount.

on 11/15/2011 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Update 3/2012, I bought my mother a gift set of this for the holidays knowing she loved Elizabeth Taylor and has several other ET scents but had never tried this one. Its not the best known of them and yet more and more I think this has the broadest appeal. My mother loves it! Its so soft, never an intrusive scent. Its a no brainer because it will suit any occaision for her. One thing I noticed is I can always tell what room she applied this in. I can see her hours later but this truly lingers in the softest prettiest way. That is saying a lot. Many softer, more powdery scents, which I love, do not stick around. The lasting powder when worn is the same. I find I am always telling my mom she smells great when I see her because as we hug I smell this on her and not one of her other scents which she loves but some were less to my liking. All that said, I love this for myself. I recently got a small vial of violet scented oil and its just not the same. Initially you may find this simple like I find the oil, but have come to see this is much more complex, harder to describe. Even with the age difference, both my mother and I find this lovely and so wearable. Okay here goes my original review, I love this! was told about if by a lovely muaer who knows I have a thing for violet scents. This is very much violet, also very wearable, pretty scent that blends well with sweeter scents too. I have only sampled this but it may be my next scent purchase. The bottle is lovely as well. I find this lasts quite well as it stayed on me all day and is still wafting nicely from my jacket collor.

on 10/4/2011 12:58:00 AM

A very subtle yet sexy fragrance. I love the bottle too! My only critique is the scent doesn't last long. It's a beautiful lush fragrance though.

OK, a few days later and I *really* like this fragrance! Sometimes I catch a whiff of it and think, "wow, something smells really nice" and it's me! hahaha This scent is hot and sexy. I'm going to buy a few more bottles when I go back to walmart.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Smells like D&G Light Blue which is not a good thing. I loved the pretty purple bottle and was looking forward to buying it. I spotted a tester at Target, so I tested it. Boy was I surprised at how awful it smelled. I was expecting a clean floral but got a pungent citrus scrubber. Not for me. I do love White Diamonds though.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

ugh smells cheap and very juvenile. Something for a young junior high girl. sampled it at CVS Wouldn't purchase and wouldn't use it.

Popular Fragrances