Elizabeth Taylor Violet Eyes

Elizabeth Taylor Violet Eyes

3.9

on 4/11/2015 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I absolutely love Violet Eyes. It's a soft, slightly fruity, floral mixed with just the best cedar aroma I've ever smelled. All the notes are really light. The top notes include peach. The middle notes include jasmine and purple rose. The base notes include peony, amber and cedar. Light and pretty, Violet Eyes isn't overwhelming or offensive. However, it still has some lasting power and a little sillage. Sometimes I can barely detect it on myself without smelling my wrist, but I still receive comments from others and can smell it on my clothes later. The price is generally reasonable, but I suggest comparison shopping. My first bottle cost $44 dollars at a department store. I found my second bottle at Walmart for only $22 dollars. It definitely pays to shop around. However, even at $44 dollars, Violet Eyes easily smells like a perfume that should cost two or three times that amount. I highly recommend this beautiful fragrance. I know I will repurchase it again and again.

I am so disappointed that this fragrance hasn't got better reviews!

I personally think Violet Eyes is a beautiful clean, fresh and sweet floral. The peach is present through out, with warm amber and soft florals. I can only detect a very slight cedar note. I think this is a wonderful perfume from Elizabeth! I certainly think any age could wear this.

I highly recommend anyone to try this who likes clean, sweet & floral fragrances.

on 11/15/2011 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Update 3/2012, I bought my mother a gift set of this for the holidays knowing she loved Elizabeth Taylor and has several other ET scents but had never tried this one. Its not the best known of them and yet more and more I think this has the broadest appeal. My mother loves it! Its so soft, never an intrusive scent. Its a no brainer because it will suit any occaision for her. One thing I noticed is I can always tell what room she applied this in. I can see her hours later but this truly lingers in the softest prettiest way. That is saying a lot. Many softer, more powdery scents, which I love, do not stick around. The lasting powder when worn is the same. I find I am always telling my mom she smells great when I see her because as we hug I smell this on her and not one of her other scents which she loves but some were less to my liking. All that said, I love this for myself. I recently got a small vial of violet scented oil and its just not the same. Initially you may find this simple like I find the oil, but have come to see this is much more complex, harder to describe. Even with the age difference, both my mother and I find this lovely and so wearable. Okay here goes my original review, I love this! was told about if by a lovely muaer who knows I have a thing for violet scents. This is very much violet, also very wearable, pretty scent that blends well with sweeter scents too. I have only sampled this but it may be my next scent purchase. The bottle is lovely as well. I find this lasts quite well as it stayed on me all day and is still wafting nicely from my jacket collor.

on 5/3/2011 4:55:00 PM

Hmm, i'm sort of on the fence whether i like this or not. Florals are not my favorite category and while i don't despise any of them, finding a floral that i actually like is quite difficult. Lot of reviews on this scent are very positive so when i saw this at Walmart for $14, i decided to give it a go. On the first burst, i really don't smell peach but citrus(and there is no citrus fruit listed so go figure). After few minutes i can detect a smell of dark rose(at least i'm assuming that's what it is)and peony. It does smell like these flowers were dipped in sugar because there is sweet sugary undertone thought this scent. This is not green scent by any means. Imagine huge bouquet of roses and peonies, saturating the room with their fragrance, flowers that are cool with drops of water-that's Violet Eyes. Its a unique scent, i don't think i ever smelled anything simular before.
The strange thing is that name is very suitable for this scent-if color violet had a scent, this is what i would imagine it would smell like.
This scent is not really "me" but i think its very well done and smells better than lot of designer fragrances that i sampled in the past. Lasting power is very good-it lasted about 3-4 hours and my skin tends to eat up perfume so this is excellent.
I disagree with the previous reviewer saying that its suitable for high school girl and juvenile. Just the opposite-its a sophisticated floral that its suitable for any age

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

My husband bought this for me, because he developed a sudden aversion to my favorite scent, Wild Musk. I chose it because of the name, Violet Eyes....not because of Elizabeth Taylor, but because of my kitty-girl, Violet. She has striking eyes as well. I liked the scent of this, and wanted to punish my hubby with the high price point, even though he was able to buy it at Rite Aid for about $24. That is expensive compared to what I would usually pay for a bottle of fragrance, but it ticked me off the way he turned so suddenly against my Wild Musk cologne. He said Wild Musk reminded him of the scent of a fully soaked Depends!! Now, on to the merits of the actual product. I really do like the scent of this....it's not too fruity or florally, which are qualities I don't like in my fragrances. I'm no fragrance expert, but to my nose this smells outdoorsy. I like the bottle as well...purple, and it pleases and sparkles. I would agree with other reviewers that the scent disappears quickly, which is why I knocked off a lipstick. But all in all I love having a fragrance which reminds me of my beloved Violet. And I would repurchase when I run out....but I'll wait for another 40% off sale.

on 3/31/2011 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I like this soft, sweet floral scent, but it's very subtle, even freshly applied. Faded completely within two hours.

on 3/30/2011 7:34:00 PM

UPDATE: I decided that I like this. It smells fresh w/o being Johnson & Johnson, baby fresh. It's fresh with character. I updated it to 4 lippies. Maybe I wouldn't spend $50 on this, but I would certainly buy another small $14 bottle.

I don't hate this scent, so I got a small bottle for $14 at Walmart. Not bad, really. I can think of a dozen HE scents that are MUCH worse than this and that I wouldn't wear on a bet (Juicy Couture, the ever puke-inducing L.A.M.B., Eau de Acetone, a.k.a. Dolce&Gabbana's Light Blue, and so many more).

Took a bit of getting used to, at first. But I wear this when I'm not going anywhere, just to smell nice at home. 3.5 lippies, if I had the option.

Popular Fragrances