Elizabeth Taylor Violet Eyes

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Elizabeth Taylor Violet Eyes

3.6

on 6/4/2016 6:26:00 AM

I bought this online, and as a blind buy, and I read the rewievs in here.
I can smell peach, ceder and it´s nice, in a non offensive way. The bottle, look like all her bottles, and is frosted, like sparkling white diamonds.

on 8/15/2012 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

So I am wearing this perfume today, and ohhh boy, I am in heaven...so much so I had to take a break from work and write my thoughts down. So I have ALOT of fragrances ranging from Hermes to Coach to Marc Jacobs. I do NOT ask about the price when i buy fragrances. Call me crazy..lol.
But anyway, I am not good with notes and things of that nature (some notes I can idenify more easily than some). It's easier to tell u what smells good and what doesn't. I'm 28 in case u need to know. This perfume is everything that I love and adore in fragrances. It is clean, fresh, and slightly fruity. Yes, i do agree with the reviewer that thinks this smells a little clean laundry-ish (good thing).It's weird because i see negative reviews on here about it and I'm in disbelief, but as we all know different fragrances works differently on differengt ppl. This works very well on me. I actually smelt this on my mom one day she came in from work and I kept asking her what she was wearing everytime she would pass by me. I could not belive she was wearing one of Elizabeth Taylor's perfume. I HATE white diamonds! What I love with this perfume is that it seems as though u can never overapply. In case u use a heavy hand with this (recommended) no one will be able to tell because it doesn't become overwhelming and it doesn't lose its nice, quiet, shy personality. I love this! Highly recommended by a fragrance snob (I'm impossible to please). Lol.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I sampled this at walmart and I was surprised its light, fruity fresh very nice BUT it kept reminding me of a familiar scent then I remembered its a lot like luscious pink and I already have l.p. So I probly won't buy this but the bottle is pretty and I like the white diamonds bottles they look classy and nice on the dresser so idk maybe if I get it on discount.

on 5/3/2011 4:55:00 PM

Hmm, i'm sort of on the fence whether i like this or not. Florals are not my favorite category and while i don't despise any of them, finding a floral that i actually like is quite difficult. Lot of reviews on this scent are very positive so when i saw this at Walmart for $14, i decided to give it a go. On the first burst, i really don't smell peach but citrus(and there is no citrus fruit listed so go figure). After few minutes i can detect a smell of dark rose(at least i'm assuming that's what it is)and peony. It does smell like these flowers were dipped in sugar because there is sweet sugary undertone thought this scent. This is not green scent by any means. Imagine huge bouquet of roses and peonies, saturating the room with their fragrance, flowers that are cool with drops of water-that's Violet Eyes. Its a unique scent, i don't think i ever smelled anything simular before.
The strange thing is that name is very suitable for this scent-if color violet had a scent, this is what i would imagine it would smell like.
This scent is not really "me" but i think its very well done and smells better than lot of designer fragrances that i sampled in the past. Lasting power is very good-it lasted about 3-4 hours and my skin tends to eat up perfume so this is excellent.
I disagree with the previous reviewer saying that its suitable for high school girl and juvenile. Just the opposite-its a sophisticated floral that its suitable for any age

on 2/19/2011 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Unless my body chemistry changes, I will not like this fragrance. I wanted to love another one of Taylor's fragrances, but this is another let down for my nose. ;-( There is just something in there that does not smell right on me. I think it must be the violet, even though I love the smell of violet, it does not smell that good on myself. So for me, this is a no can wear. I had a small spray bottle so I cannot state about the packaging other than, the color of the little spray can thingie was pretty, light violet in color. ;-)

Popular Fragrances