Elizabeth Taylor Violet Eyes

Elizabeth Taylor Violet Eyes

3.4

on 8/15/2014 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

The pretty packaging of this got me to buy it. A friend of mine wears white diamonds and it smells good on her, so I had pretty good expectations. When I put it on, I'm really disappointed. It really smells rank when you first put it on, but it settles and doesn't smell that bad. BUT the scent wears off so fast that I don't even smell like I'm wearing any perfume at all. This is just not for me....

I've seen SO many rapturous reviews on various websites about this scent and I don't get it, sorry. Gives me a headache! A friend gave me a bottle she'd received as a gift because SHE didn't like it, and because she and I often like different scents she figured I might. That's when I started looking up the reviews because I HATED it. Cloying, cheap-smelling and not at all clean. A shame -- I always like discovering new perfumes.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Smells like D&G Light Blue which is not a good thing. I loved the pretty purple bottle and was looking forward to buying it. I spotted a tester at Target, so I tested it. Boy was I surprised at how awful it smelled. I was expecting a clean floral but got a pungent citrus scrubber. Not for me. I do love White Diamonds though.

on 9/15/2012 12:48:00 AM

For me, Violet Eyes could only be described as an olfactory scribble in one color (but not purple, because purple is too bold). This perfume was simply flat, sweet, floral, and thin, lacking any complexity or interesting characteristics. In fact, it's the first fragrance that has left me feeling "confused" while wearing it because it seems like there should be more to the fragrance, but there just ... isn't.

Distressingly, I went to bed after spraying some on my arm, and during the night, I had to make efforts to distance my arm from my face, as the smell of Violet Eyes made me feel agitated and kind of sick while I was trying to sleep.

I know some people love this fragrance, and I'm glad they get more out of it than I do. Admittedly, the bottle is a lovely color, and the packaging is feminine and pretty, but this fragrance was too lacking in personality for me to enjoy it.

Eyes: Violet

who isn't intrigued by the mesmerizing Liz Taylor. I was afraid the fragrance might be outdated due to Liz's age in hollywood. It's very nice initially. very sexy, very intoxicating in a wet and wild fluid way. If you like intense, deep, dar secret kind of feeling. This is it. I find this fragrance a bit depressing rather than upbeat sunshine flower kind of fragrance. It has musk , woody undertone. This is an extremely high quality lasting fragrance. However, as the day wears on, I find it to be very incompatible with my natural skin . I got head ache wearing this. Maybe it's good for older people or those with less sensitive olfactory senses. I will not repurchase

on 3/31/2011 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I like this soft, sweet floral scent, but it's very subtle, even freshly applied. Faded completely within two hours.

on 2/19/2011 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Unless my body chemistry changes, I will not like this fragrance. I wanted to love another one of Taylor's fragrances, but this is another let down for my nose. ;-( There is just something in there that does not smell right on me. I think it must be the violet, even though I love the smell of violet, it does not smell that good on myself. So for me, this is a no can wear. I had a small spray bottle so I cannot state about the packaging other than, the color of the little spray can thingie was pretty, light violet in color. ;-)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I always buy Elizabeth Taylor scents when I see them in discount stores. I picked up this one from Marshalls.

At first it is a little peppery --- which I do not enjoy at all. The dry down is ok, but I prefer other EL scents -- Gardenia is my favorite, along with Brilliant White Diamonds.

on 4/9/2012 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Not that great...

See-saws between smelling too sweet and smelling too peppery on my skin.

And the packaging could be better.

on 5/9/2011 7:27:00 PM

Mmmmm I love the top notes of this perfume but on the dry down I smell too much lily? It turned funky on me. I dont really like lily perfumes. It does last a long time. and I do like this better than Liz's other perfumes I would use it if someone gave it to me but I wouldnt buy it

Popular Fragrances