Elizabeth Taylor Violet Eyes

Elizabeth Taylor Violet Eyes

3.4

on 1/15/2012 3:20:00 PM

I've been searching for a "signature" daily scent for awhile. A few years ago, my family had a house fire and my extensive fragrance collection went up in smoke with the house. I've been loathe to buy anything else more substantial than a body spray.

Violet Eyes changed that. I'm not a big fan of some of Elizabeth Taylor's other perfumes, most seem grandmotherly and/or overpowering. Violet Eyes is different. It's clean, modern, sexy, charming... All wrapped up in a pretty bottle. This scent is good for day or night, and I'll wear it daily, I love it so.

on 5/13/2011 5:44:00 PM

I was standing in the deodorant aisle of CVS drug store when I first caught a whiff of this perfume. At first, I thought it might be one of deoderants that had been opened. Around the corner on a shelf sat a tester bottle of Violet Eyes. I spritzed on bit and walked around the store to finish my shopping. By the time I was done, I was hooked on this fragrance. It's clean, it's floral, it's very lighthearted. Reminds me of expensive French perfume from the 50's or 60's. Of ocurse, I had to get a bottle. Now I may go to Macy's to check out the entire line of Violet Eyes. It comes as no suprise to me that this is a wonderful scent. I think, next to White Diamonds, this is Liz's finest. During the day, while working, I occasionally catch a glimpse of this on my skin. The sillage is wonderful, not cloying, not heavy like White Diamonds, but it clings to the skin like a thin veil of scent. I would definitely buy this again. Glad I was astanding where I was standing in that CVS store, or I would have truly bypassed this gem

on 8/15/2012 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

So I am wearing this perfume today, and ohhh boy, I am in heaven...so much so I had to take a break from work and write my thoughts down. So I have ALOT of fragrances ranging from Hermes to Coach to Marc Jacobs. I do NOT ask about the price when i buy fragrances. Call me crazy..lol.
But anyway, I am not good with notes and things of that nature (some notes I can idenify more easily than some). It's easier to tell u what smells good and what doesn't. I'm 28 in case u need to know. This perfume is everything that I love and adore in fragrances. It is clean, fresh, and slightly fruity. Yes, i do agree with the reviewer that thinks this smells a little clean laundry-ish (good thing).It's weird because i see negative reviews on here about it and I'm in disbelief, but as we all know different fragrances works differently on differengt ppl. This works very well on me. I actually smelt this on my mom one day she came in from work and I kept asking her what she was wearing everytime she would pass by me. I could not belive she was wearing one of Elizabeth Taylor's perfume. I HATE white diamonds! What I love with this perfume is that it seems as though u can never overapply. In case u use a heavy hand with this (recommended) no one will be able to tell because it doesn't become overwhelming and it doesn't lose its nice, quiet, shy personality. I love this! Highly recommended by a fragrance snob (I'm impossible to please). Lol.

on 1/27/2012 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Tried this once and thought that it was a fluke that I really liked it since Liz's others never did it for me. Now, nearly a year later, I saw it in Kohl's and tried the tester. I pick up a lot of cedar in this. I love cedar and have been trying to find an affordable version that I can wear daily since fragrance disappears on me. This is it!

I am so disappointed that this fragrance hasn't got better reviews!

I personally think Violet Eyes is a beautiful clean, fresh and sweet floral. The peach is present through out, with warm amber and soft florals. I can only detect a very slight cedar note. I think this is a wonderful perfume from Elizabeth! I certainly think any age could wear this.

I highly recommend anyone to try this who likes clean, sweet & floral fragrances.

on 10/4/2011 12:58:00 AM

A very subtle yet sexy fragrance. I love the bottle too! My only critique is the scent doesn't last long. It's a beautiful lush fragrance though.

OK, a few days later and I *really* like this fragrance! Sometimes I catch a whiff of it and think, "wow, something smells really nice" and it's me! hahaha This scent is hot and sexy. I'm going to buy a few more bottles when I go back to walmart.

Just before christmas I tested this on the back of my hand . Everyone muxt have thought I was crazy because I couldn't quit smelling it ! I got around to buying it 2 weeks ago and have worn it just about every day.

Violet Eyes is similar to Light Blue on its opening . Light crisp and fruity, but I have Light Blue and seldom wear it. Violet Eyes settles down to a devine, soft floral with a hint of fresh citrus. I think it is just perfect for warm weather . The floral notes are flirty and sweet without going overboard . Perfect!

This perfume has longevity that is unreal. I can still smell it 8 hours later. So many fragrances fade into nothing quickly. The price is good too !

I don't think the package is anything special. Too, too much like White Diamonds and that line. However it isretty enough and I love the color.

I'm in love !

on 5/3/2011 4:55:00 PM

Hmm, i'm sort of on the fence whether i like this or not. Florals are not my favorite category and while i don't despise any of them, finding a floral that i actually like is quite difficult. Lot of reviews on this scent are very positive so when i saw this at Walmart for $14, i decided to give it a go. On the first burst, i really don't smell peach but citrus(and there is no citrus fruit listed so go figure). After few minutes i can detect a smell of dark rose(at least i'm assuming that's what it is)and peony. It does smell like these flowers were dipped in sugar because there is sweet sugary undertone thought this scent. This is not green scent by any means. Imagine huge bouquet of roses and peonies, saturating the room with their fragrance, flowers that are cool with drops of water-that's Violet Eyes. Its a unique scent, i don't think i ever smelled anything simular before.
The strange thing is that name is very suitable for this scent-if color violet had a scent, this is what i would imagine it would smell like.
This scent is not really "me" but i think its very well done and smells better than lot of designer fragrances that i sampled in the past. Lasting power is very good-it lasted about 3-4 hours and my skin tends to eat up perfume so this is excellent.
I disagree with the previous reviewer saying that its suitable for high school girl and juvenile. Just the opposite-its a sophisticated floral that its suitable for any age

on 6/4/2016 6:26:00 AM

I bought this online, and as a blind buy, and I read the rewievs in here.
I can smell peach, ceder and it´s nice, in a non offensive way. The bottle, look like all her bottles, and is frosted, like sparkling white diamonds.

I've seen SO many rapturous reviews on various websites about this scent and I don't get it, sorry. Gives me a headache! A friend gave me a bottle she'd received as a gift because SHE didn't like it, and because she and I often like different scents she figured I might. That's when I started looking up the reviews because I HATED it. Cloying, cheap-smelling and not at all clean. A shame -- I always like discovering new perfumes.

Popular Fragrances