Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Dollface

Filtered by eye Color : Black

4.3

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have a hard time finding light pinks that will show up on me and won't oxidize darker, but Tarte Dollface might be it! I'm NC25/30 and very warm, and this blush shows up as a matte, neutral, light pink on my cheeks. I can layer it if I need to, although the blush is quite pigmented and doesn't need that much layering. (It looks like a pastel pink in the pan, but it's not as cool as it looks. TheBalm Down Boy is slightly darker and cooler.)

This blush gives me youthful, slightly-flushed cheeks with every use. I was worried that it might look pastel or cartoony on me, but it looks very, very natural. I also never noticed it turning orangey or red by the end of the day. It only faded a little by the end of my 14 hr work day. The Tarte AC blushes never fail to impress me with their staying power!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

When I first bought this blush, I was very hesitant. I wasn't sure how a light pinky blush would show up on my NC35 skin. But I'm glad I bought it. It leaves such a natural flush on my cheeks. A lot goes a long way with this one. My only problem with this blush is that I find it fading well before the 12-hour mark. But that is easily overlooked when I consider all the pros of this blush.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is the most flattering pink ever! not too blue toned or warm its just like perfect dolly pink! i love it so much and i am sooo glad i bought it when it during friends and family. at full price...seems expensive but haha all blushes at sephora are lik 25-40$ now so this is actually good. i wouldnt buy again b/c i use blush very sparingly and this will liekly not run out for a loooooooooong time

there's nothing wrong with this blush but i dunno why this blush being a miss one on me..

the color was so pretty.. but i think there's a lots dupe with cheaper price

the pigmentation not as good as nars and illamasqua but still i can tolerate it..

it is a blush to go for me

the package quality is not really cool.. but the cool side is it has a magnetic pan so its so easy to depoting :D

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is a matte blush, described by Tarte as "light pink." I LOVE cool candy pink shades like Nars Angelika, and thought that this would be similar. The shade is actually not quite as bright, and leans a little towards the mauvey-pink spectrum. Pigment is good, but nothing to call home about. There's nothing bad about a blush that isn't hyperpigmented, since it becomes easier to apply and blend. You can definitely smell the clay in this one - weird, but it totally makes sense. On my NC20 winter skin, this looks very natural and subtle. Almost invisible, but still brightens my complexion. It's undoubtedly nice, but really nothing special.

Now...about the whole 12-hour thing....no way. I put this on over foundation at 8AM in the morning, and it was completely gone by lunch. I feel like if a brand advertises a long-wearing blush, it should at least wear for half the stated time. The fading was just too disappointing for me to buy this again, especially considering that it's so expensive ($25 vs Nars at $28).

A quibbling complaint, but the packaging on these is sort of cheap. There's a nice and big mirror on the inside of the compact, but the plastic just feels flimsy, and it's made of that weird shimmery plastic that reminds me of McDonald's Happy Meal toys. It doesn't affect the usage, but I don't feel like a glamazon taking this out for touchups. And touchups are inevitable.

I bought this in a mini kit w/Tarte Park Ave Princess, so it was well worth the money to use as a travel blush...but nothing more.

This is such a perfect pink blush. The name of the color dollface is pretty fitting since it just gives you that fresh swath of pink. Don't exactly know if it can last a full 12 hours but it did last 10 for me on one of my long days. I have to say it does fade a teensy bit throughout the day but the lasting power is still more impressive than any other blush I've tried. Very pigmented but can be also applied sheerly using the right technique and brush. Unlike some of the MAC, NARS blushes that are high end and pigmented this doesn't cake on at all while still being buildable. I love that this looks so natural without enhancing the flaws on your skin - doesn't exaggerate dryness nor does it enhance oily spots. Stays in place. The smell is kind of strange but it's very faint so it's a nonissue.