Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush - Dollface

Filtered by eye Color : Brown

4.3

Definitely one of my favorite blushes. I love the formula, I love the slim packaging, and this shade is so super flattering. This is a very neutral shade in my opinion, which works so well for me since I'm very neutral toned. It looks so great when applied with a damp Beauty Blender, dab dab dab, and you get such a pretty flush...it has great wear time, and though I love it, I probably wouldn't repurchase, and only because I have SO many dupes already... Definitely recommend.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm fair skinned neutral undertone (NC20 Mac/Desert Beige 2N1 Estee Lauder DW), so when I use this product, it looks very pigmented on me. I always have to be careful not to over apply this product. I usually swipe once or twice on my cheeks, Max.

Otherwise, it is a beautiful cool toned baby pink. Kind of reminds me of Benefit's Dandelion. It gives me a very natural glow. In the container, it looks almost glow in the dark pink, but don't let that put you off!

What most impresses me about this product is the longevity. Most blushes do not last long on me due to my oily skin. This product lasts approx 4-6 hours, which is excellent for me! (eg. Benefit Dandelion = 1-2 hours MAX).

I think this will last a very long time. I'm very pleased with this purchase and would recommend to those with combo skin. I think people also need to consider that you need to be quite fair to use this product, otherwise it won't show.

This blush was one of my first dabbles with high end makeup, so, at first, I didn't appreciate it as much as I should have.
After using it for several years, I realized how great it is. I hated the vibrancy of the color at first; now, I see that it is a very flattering, cool-toned pink that's great for giving my cheeks a non-overwhelming pop of color. Even though I have warm skin, this color still looks great; in fact, I'd consider it a highlighting blush because of that. The pink is very much on the lighter side, so I don't think I can pull it off when I'm tanned, but it's perfect for my pale skin in the winter.
The blush in itself is a bit chalky, but that isn't very noticeable; the application of it is excellent. It's very blendable and spreadable, which means that I finally don't have to put up with any concentrated spots of blush on my cheeks. It's pressed, but I can easily pick up the amount that I need with a soft brush. Also, it's crazy pigmented, but not to the point where it's volatile (ahem, Laura Geller). I can use a little amount for big results, and I love that, since the pan itself is kind of small.
And, as advertised, it has impeccable staying power. I've had no problems with fading or smudging, and it cooperates very well with my foundations. It looks just as amazing by the end of the day as it did when I leave my house. The packaging might be slightly difficult to open, but that's only with this specific color; my other 5 blushes from this line have easy to open packaging. Now, it's a pricey blush to get, $26 per pan. However, it'll last you a lifetime and you will not be disappointed with it, ever. 5/5 highly recommend.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is my go to blush. I find it to be universally flattering even on someone with a red complexion like myself. It has great buildable matte color and it stays on my oily cheeks all day. While I agree with the other reviewers that it is overpriced (Wet n Wild has some of comparable quality for waaay less), I was able to find mine in a travel package with their bronzer in the checkout lane at Sephora for $15, and I've seen it there multiple times since. I purchased this over a year ago and I still have a lot left after consistent use so you get a lot of color for a small compact.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

The packaging on this is really pretty. The blush itself is decent. The color is really flattering on my cool skin tone. It is a light, baby, pink and the color can be built up. I have the smaller version and use it quite a bit and still have a lot left. I do however think it is overpriced for what it is. It is not a smooth blush. It is border line chalky and really just not worth the money. I'm glad I didn't buy the full size. I have been trying to use it up because I like Wet n Wild blushes better. Tarte is known for their blushes and I like they are a cruelty free brand but I just don't think the products are worth the $$$. I've tried eyeshadows, lip gloss, eyeliners, blushes, and bronzers and I have been disappointed every time. I would say this is a decent product but overpriced.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

As a very, very pale-skinned girl, blush has forever been my bane. Colors range from not even there to clown-ish. So when I got this blush in a sampler from Sephora, I tried it out and purchased the full product a few weeks later.

This blush is a very, very light pink with just a hint of lavender (if you really build it up), cool-toned with a matte finish. It can be built up very easily, ranging from barely there to very pink. I personally have worn it in almost every variation of heaviness, depending on what look I'm going for that day, and every variation has looked good.

This is a very natural pink for a pale, cool-toned skin. Like I said, you can build it up depending on how natural (or not natural) you're going for, but I have found that a medium application is the best everyday look for me. I apply it about halfway on my cheeks and then blending backwards towards my temple. If it is directly on the apples of my cheeks, it makes my face look too flushed and unnatural, although that is the case for all my blushes.

I personally like the packaging. The matte pink color is cute, the case seems durable, and it has a mirror included. The mirror isn't really big enough to be super usable, but I always like it when a compact comes with a mirror. It just seems to be a thoughtful inclusion that shows the company didn't skimp on a mirror to cut costs.

I like the lasting power on this blush. I get slightly more staying power if I layer it over a cream blush but that is almost always too much work for running errands or going out to dinner, but even on its own, I have never noticed that I look too pale by the end of the day. Typically I set everything with Kryolan powder and Urban Decay setting spray. The blush also blends well with my contour and highlighting powder and I think it's really hard to mess up applying this blush (which is a good thing for me). Overall, this is my new most-used blush for everyday wear and I will definitely be repurchasing.

This is an OK blush but I feel like I've used better. I used Orgasm for pretty much a decade and nothing else, and recently got into Hourglass blushes, which I adore. I use Dim Infusion almost every day but I wanted something more pink and less coral, but not sparkly. Dollface looked like it fit the bill. The packaging is awful. Plain pink plastic. C'mon Tarte, you're considered high end, act like it. The blush is nice and pink but pale. I'm not sure how to describe it. It look like a natural, flushed pink (more natural than Orgasm) but can look kind of chalky due to the paleness depending on your skin tone and how heavily you apply it. It lasts OK on me but I use both UD Chill spray as well as Hourglass Ambient Light powders to finish so it could be because of that. I do like it and I will use it probably very often, but when I run out I'll probably look for something else.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I really love the color of this blush. But I find with a lot of tarte products they tend to look powdery and cakey. This does not last very long on my skin either, like maybe 2 hours max. And I don't bring make up with me so I'd rather have something that lasted at least 6 hours. My MAC blushes definitely have more staying power. Packaging is cute. Comes with a mirror that I pretty much never use. I will finish up this blush and probably will not be repurchasing any more.

Dollface is a soft pink blush. i got it to replace my mata hari NARS. i'm trying to detoxify my makeup bag of parabens, etc. it is the perfect pink for my NC 20-25 skin. i have neutral to yellow undertones and it does not wash me out. it comes in a round plastic pink compact. it is not as deep or pigmented as the other tarte blushes, but for me that's why it a pretty soft pink color.

This is one of my favorite blushes. Gives a perfect flush, and you only need a couple of swirls and your good for both cheeks! Love this brand, and their blushes

Popular Blush Products