Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Dollface

Filtered by hair type : Wavy

3.8

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have found my holy grail everyday blush with this product.

It's a pretty baby pink that looks very natural and goes great both alone or with a highlighter above it. I love that it's matte and is great for fair skinned ladies.

I have had this for a year now, use it most days and the tarte print is still slightly visible on the product, so I'm sure this will last me a long time. The packaging is adorable, I love that the colour matches the product inside and unlike my Nars and Benefit blushes, it doesn't collect around the edges of the packaging.

Tarte has worked this blush thing out, I am a big fan!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Absolutely horrible! This blush has no pigmentation and is hard. I have to work so hard to build it up otherwise it won't show up and I'm fair skinned so I think that's pretty ridiculous. Tarte makes some good products but unfortunately this is not one of them!

I really like the color of this blush, and since i'm pretty fair, cool toned pinks are very flattering. But honestly i don't like the formulation of this blush at all. Its very powdery and not pigmented enough. You really have to work to build up the color to where you want it and by the time you do that, you look like you put chalk on your face. Not a fan, especially for the price.

I gave it two stars for packaging & the color was nice.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Love, love, love this! This gives me a natural rosy flush. The color in the compact is a very blue-based pink; it looks like a lilac-pink. It's highly pigmented and buildable, so you don't need much to achieve the desired result. I had read great reviews about Exposed being a great natural looking blush, but that was too warm on me, and all the other colors I was trying were too red, bright, or orange. I initially thought Dollface was unlikely to look good, but once on, the search was over--finally!

I can see this looking good on everyone, but this is a great natural blush shade for cool-toned skin.

This blush was one of my first dabbles with high end makeup, so, at first, I didn't appreciate it as much as I should have.
After using it for several years, I realized how great it is. I hated the vibrancy of the color at first; now, I see that it is a very flattering, cool-toned pink that's great for giving my cheeks a non-overwhelming pop of color. Even though I have warm skin, this color still looks great; in fact, I'd consider it a highlighting blush because of that. The pink is very much on the lighter side, so I don't think I can pull it off when I'm tanned, but it's perfect for my pale skin in the winter.
The blush in itself is a bit chalky, but that isn't very noticeable; the application of it is excellent. It's very blendable and spreadable, which means that I finally don't have to put up with any concentrated spots of blush on my cheeks. It's pressed, but I can easily pick up the amount that I need with a soft brush. Also, it's crazy pigmented, but not to the point where it's volatile (ahem, Laura Geller). I can use a little amount for big results, and I love that, since the pan itself is kind of small.
And, as advertised, it has impeccable staying power. I've had no problems with fading or smudging, and it cooperates very well with my foundations. It looks just as amazing by the end of the day as it did when I leave my house. The packaging might be slightly difficult to open, but that's only with this specific color; my other 5 blushes from this line have easy to open packaging. Now, it's a pricey blush to get, $26 per pan. However, it'll last you a lifetime and you will not be disappointed with it, ever. 5/5 highly recommend.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I adore this blush! It is the perfect pink on my pale, pink undertoned skin. I love to apply several layers to really make the color stand out, and it lasts pretty much all day. I never feel like I look clownish, just healthy. It makes me feel really beautiful and confident. I have wanted this blush for years but couldn't justify the price. I finally took the plunge and I don't regret it at all. My absolute HG! I would like to try other colors, but I truly love this. I have oily skin so the powder formula suits me better than the cream stain, which I also have and enjoy using in the winter. I have a bit of a blush fetish, so I feel justified in purchasing this expensive of a blush.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I really love the color of this blush. But I find with a lot of tarte products they tend to look powdery and cakey. This does not last very long on my skin either, like maybe 2 hours max. And I don't bring make up with me so I'd rather have something that lasted at least 6 hours. My MAC blushes definitely have more staying power. Packaging is cute. Comes with a mirror that I pretty much never use. I will finish up this blush and probably will not be repurchasing any more.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This was the first Tarte blush I ever bought and I love it. It's a light pink and matte. I normally like more satin blushes, but a lot of times when I don't want anything that looks like I am wearing makeup, I grab this.

It just gives me a natural flush that looks like my own blush and I get compliments. people think I have nice skin. Which I do, but this helps a lot! Whenever I want to add some shimmer i just add a highlighter on top.

Very versatile shade and one blush I can't go without.

I was desperate to jump on the Tarte blush bandwagon and had eyed up about 4 colours I "needed' to have, but there actually must have been a blue moon that day as I only sensibly (make-up and sensibly don't go together) bought one - Dollface.

Miss Dollface does last all day I'll give her that, she goes on nicely without kicking up a fuss, applies beautifully with a stipple brush and a light hand - emphasis on the light hand! Getting too carried away and Miss Dollface morphs into Clown face prettty quickly. This is a matte blush so I always feel the need for some highlight to add some va-voom.

However as I lack in the sleep department and need something a little more glowy to make me look alive in the morning I don't tend to reach for this blush much at all, I find the formula and the packaging a bit boring.

I am glad I bought Dollface to get the Tarte blush lemming out of my system but won't be buying anymore. Wow I feel like I'm saving money already :) I will continue to use this blush on and off and experiment with different highlighters over top.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not my favorite. It's described as a light pink, and I think that's accurate and the color, texture, payoff and staying power are all fine, but I just don't feel as if this shade awakens my complexion like others. It reminds me of NARS Desire and I feel the same way about that shade. At least the price of these isn't as offensive as NARS.