Clearasil Rapid Action Treatment Cream

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Clearasil Rapid Action Treatment Cream

3.0

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

This is a light cream BHA treatment that is worth trying if you have dry and/or sensitive skin with mild acne and/or blackheads. As a spot treatment it's not gonna do much so I'd say if you've got a giant serious zit that you want to obliterate in 4 hours then go get some calamine lotion and use that as a spot treatment instead (be prepared to deal with a big fat whitehead that's easy to pop but hard to cover for days due to dryness). Similarly, if you have cystic acne this stuff is not gonna do crap for you and certainly not in 4 hours! It takes months to clear serious acne and you need something more than BHA for that...

Anyways, this is 1 of only 2 BHA treatments worth buying in the US according to BeautyPedia. Paula gives it a "good" rating due to the fact that it doesn't contain irritants and has a ph of 4, which is low enough for it to effectively treat zits and blackheads (it didn't get a "best" due to the lack of anti-irritants). The other one would be Clean&Clear's Advantage Oil Absorbing Treatment. <------I haven't tried that one because so far, I like this one a lot! It smells good, and I find it non irritating on my sensitive skin (only BHA I've ever used that didn't cause redness!). I really love how it feels like a lotion.

BTW this stuff appears to have undergone a redesign in packaging--or at least they're also now selling it in a 4 oz tube that claims its for face, chest and back--but it is still the same formula as the one Paula reviewed. I got it for around $12 at cvs.

Shockingly, despite how powerful the packaging claims the product is, I feel this does almost nothing for me.

If you apply it a few times a day for a couple days, it will eventually dry the he!! out of your skin and leave it crusty, but in terms of actually calming inflammation and getting rid of a pimple, it is not effective.

I was pleasantly surprised to see so many other reviewers felt the same way and would not recommend you buy this.