Jordana Easyliner for Eyes - Eggplant

Jordana Easyliner for Eyes - Eggplant

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/22/2017 6:34:00 AM

I have tried many Jordana products and have been impressed with them. After being a user of Avon Glimmersticks eyeliners for many years, I have been looking for a cruelty free alternative. I picked up a few of the Jordana Easyliners, one of them in Eggplant.

This is the only one that I have tried so far as I am still using up my Avon eyeliners.. I really like the color a lot! I wear brown most of the time but get bored of brown, and as others have stated, this is a softer option than black all the time. It is a nice plum color with brown in it. I pair it with my NYX Girl Talk eyeshadow.

As much as I like the color, it does smudge fairly easily. But the most unfortunate part is that there is something in this eyeliner that affects my eyes in not a good way. The next morning after I wear this eyeliner, my eyes are all red and crusty. I can wear it all day and evening with no issues, I even remove it at night but by the next morning my eyes are affected. Maybe I didn't do a good enough job of removing it, who knows. But I have read that eye products with red dye can cause this. I had the same issue with Avon's Glimmerstick in Starry Night Blue, I switched to a different blue and didn't have the same problem. Must be an ingredient in the eyeliner itself that is causing it.

If I didn't have this issue with this eyeliner, I would buy it again in a heartbeat. But it is probably wise that I discontinue using this product. I really hope i don't have the same problem with the other colors. I was really excited about this eyeliner, what a shame.

on 3/11/2013 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really liked the color of this and that it is a retractable liner, however it smudges up into my crease within an hour.

on 12/30/2010 4:24:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this as just a cheap temporary and ended up loving it :) The color works perfectly with my olive skin and brown eyes, it's less harsh than black but still makes a perfect "smokey eye". The texture is good, it rubs off just enough but not too much. bonus: looks just about as good the morning after :) Lasts forever. Am finally purchasing my second one now.

on 3/2/2013 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm rating this purely based on quality. It doesn't go on very creamy and it smudges by the end of the day. However, I'm almost done with my second stick of this because the color compliments brown eyes so well. It shows up pigmented, but isn't obvious. I'll probably purchase a third time

Love this color, love the price, love the product! Only drawback is that it isn't the longest lasting formula, but for the price I can afford to reapply it!

on 3/2/2013 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Really disapointed in these eye liners , especially after using the great lipliners. They are not creamy, they drag, and colour payoff is just average.

on 11/29/2009 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Great eyeliner but not flattering on me at all - I didn't even take off a lippie bc it's so creamy and easy to apply plus it stays on all day. I'm just so fair that this particular color made me look like I have a cold. Not really attractive. I think it would be stunning on someone with darker skin.

I've been looking for a deep brown-purple eyeliner for ages because black is too harsh for daytime, and I've just gotten sick of using brown all the time. This retractable eyeliner color is beautiful and sophisticated. It's not too purple nor too brown --it's the perfect combo in between. It's smooth and doesn't tug on my lids, and best of all, it was only $1.99!!! It lasts for about 5 hours as an eyeliner on my top lids, but as for lasting power on my waterline, it is next to none --It lasts for about an hour to the most.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love the color, love the application BUT I don't love finding it on my face in places it does not belong. After setting up a new netbook (small so I was looking down for a good 2 hours straight, I just happen to look in the mirror and I had raccoon eyes. This was the only new product that I was wearing, so I tested my two Easyliners (Eggplant & Seagreen) and two GlitterRocks (Glam Rock Green & Black Rocks) eyeliner by Jordana and the Easyliner smudged and faded quickly compared to the GlitterRocks. FYI Black Rocks stuck around the longest.

I prefer ULTA Automatic Eyeliners.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Wish it worked for me!
I have this liner in black, lavish brown, and denim blue. All of those are fabulous! So inexpensive and perfect for the smudgey, smokey look I love. Lasting power is great for me unless I seriously rub my eyes. Then I don't blame any smearage on the product.

UNFORTUNATELY the egglplant shade just doesn't work for my fair skin and light blue/gray eyes. I had high hopes it would make my blue eyes pop, but it ended up just making me look like I had a cold. Not a good look. Just a bit too much on the red side. I have this same problem with certain browns as well. I could see this liner working well on someone with a warmer and darker skintone than I. Great product, just the wrong shade for me.