Sigma F84 - ANGLED KABUKIâ„¢ BRUSH

F84 - ANGLED KABUKIâ„¢ BRUSH

4.6

on 4/26/2017 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I had the mistaken impression this would be perfect for powder blush because of the angled head, but I was totally wrong. The sigma website recommends this for cream blush or foundation where it performs in a spectacular fashion - better than a sponge. My former foundation brush is a flat head (about which I was also never really happy). The bristles stipple a tiny amount of the product into your skin. ( I sometimes use cinema secrets diluted with CS moisture spray or primer as a foundation layer, but only on select parts of the face). And, then buff out and blend flawlessly. Years ago, before I started using CS foundation/concealer, I used MUFE face and body foundation which would have been perfect for this brush. (I stopped when the MUFE was discontinued).

Since the sigma eats a lot of product, I've been experimenting with picking up just enough product that I need for the area, putting it on my face with medium of choice (in the summer a litany dab of sunscreen) and stippling and blending with the sigma. The brush itself is excellent quality. It does not shed like my Mac brushes (the worst offender being a cute, short handled blush brush).

Note: I quick clean this brush by dumping a capful of cinema secrets brush cleaner onto a oaper towel then pressing the brush tips (brush held perpendicular) into the towel. The capillary action draws the dirt into the towel and out of the brush. Then I just dry the brush. I also do this with elf kabuki brushes - that way they dry even quicker. For smaller brushes I use the regular CS method.

on 1/30/2016 10:00:00 AM

I bought it because of the rave reviews and I certainly agree as this brush is quite good. It's very soft, dense and the angled shape does a good job in making my liquid foundation/bb cream application looks nice and streak-free. Unfortunately, I've noticed 1-2 hair sheds after every wash and I always wash my brushes the gentlest way. Quiet good, but not a must-have.

on 8/27/2015 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Blush was the most difficult makeup for me to apply. I never got it in the right spots, or I accidentally over-applied, or I didn't apply enough, or I inadvertantly did the '80s "cheekbone" streaks that made me look like a mad woman in photos.

Those days are gone. At first I didn't like the appearance of this brush, because the lack of symmetry bugged me. However, the angled bristles make all the difference in the world when it comes to me and blush. People actually compliment my makeup...out of the blue people...so I know I'm using something right! I have the Sigmax Kabuki Kit and each brush in the kit is a favorite. The quality and performance are outstanding.

on 10/21/2014 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is an okay brush but unlike its marketing ploy it isn't similiar to the kabuki style brush. Depending on what side you use it can slightly reach areas of your face like the inner corners of your eyes and the outer corner of the nose,but how much it can do this will vary for everyone. I used this with two products : Mac studio fluid NW 13 and Coty,and it is more impressive with cream like formulas. To my shock the powder slipped off with a simple twist of my wrist. This domed shape brush is soft, and doesn't shed much. It is also easy to wash.

on 2/14/2014 5:00:00 AM

I originally bougt this brush for blush application. It didnt work for that so it ended upp laying in a drawer for almost an intire year. One day my foundation brush was wet from washing it and i looked in the drawer to find a temporary replacement. This was the only one I found so I randomly decided to try it for foundation. I couldnt have been happier. Ive never had foundation like this before! Even, full coverage, FLAWLESS!! This is the best foundation brush there is. Period.

on 4/28/2013 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

yay for this brush! i like the angled head better than i like the f82 to be honest!
its got a bigger surface to work into your face with and can get into the nooks and crannies abit better. it is more 'pliable' in my opinion, not as dense and can spread everythng around really well instead of just soaking it into the bristles (like the f82)
thick and sturdy handle, paid $18 on sigma website.
there is no packaging so i gave that a 5, and the price a 3 because that is moderate compared to sonia kushuk and much better priced than mac/bobbi brown or other high end brands
gives a great buffing of foundation and leaves no streaks. i use this with my cream foundations and liquids, ive never tried it with powder. i reckon it would be great for powder blush application and even cream blushes too
i love mine, it beats my mac 188 and 187 in my opinion. also beats my real techniques buffing brush too

on 3/8/2013 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Discovered this brush after watching makeup tutorials on youtube and decided to purchase this brush. So glad I did, such a great brush for applying liquid foundation, the angled top is perfect for getting into all areas of my face especially around the nose and eyes. Great product, the bristles dont malt onto your face when applying the product and is easily washed, although it does take some time to dry this one. Would highly recommend this brush!

on 2/1/2013 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

One of my favourite ever bronzers is the Soleil Tan De Chanel and the F84 applies it to my cheeks very well. The angled head is gets right into my cheek hollows and the bristles pick up plenty of colour and apply the bronzer exactly where I want it to be. Because I only use it to apply my Chanel bronzer it's very easy to clean.

on 11/8/2012 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

LOVE THIS BRUSH! I use it for applying liquid foundation and blending out concealer and no standard foundation brush will ever compare! Great brush for buffing in foundation and making it look seamless. Only downside is the tough task of trying to get it clean again! The angle of this brush stands out in the Synthetic Kabuki line as its really handy at getting into the crevices of your face and shaping your eye makeup. Very dense bristles, sturdy handle and very easy to use. Thoroughly recommend

on 10/10/2012 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Re: Sigma, I would only repurchase their synthetic line. And of those, the F84 is my favorite for all the reasons everyone already stated when the right foundation calls for it. The P84 also is great for large areas of concealing.

I also will add that I really dislike the regular Sigma black dyed brushes, as they constantly bleed and have given/swapped them all away. I'm washing w/ Dr. Bronners 3-in-1 Almond w/ my MAC brushes w/out issue.

Popular Makeup Brushes