Bare Escentuals Original SPF 15 Foundation

Bare Escentuals Original SPF 15 Foundation
Original SPF 15 Foundation

3.5

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 12.6%, Zinc Oxide 21%. Inactive Ingredients: Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Iron Oxides, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide

on 8/17/2017 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is my HG foundation it provides the most luminous healthy finish that looks natural. It has never irritated my extremely sensitive skin and I like that it contains a physical sunscreen for extra protection. I dust a light layer all over my face then pinpoint conceal blemishes by stippling over them with an e.l.f. contour eyeshadow brush. It's transfer resistant, lasts all day, and wears evenly. I buy the Holiday edition at Christmas that is much larger than the regular container. It's cheaper per gram and the packaging is beautiful. I then depot some of the foundation into a vintage Stratton powder compact for travel. They've expanded their shade range so you're likely to find a perfect match.

on 7/19/2017 1:13:00 PM

I love this product! It looks so natural but still covers imperfections. I have very sensitive, dry skin and this foundation looks flawless. It doesn't sweat or rub off like many liquid foundations.

on 7/19/2017 12:49:00 PM

I have to say this is the most amazing foundation I have ever used, I have used many foundations over the year's, Chanel, Estee Lauder, Gurerlain, Clinique, Mac etc. and this is the best I have ever used, it feels lovely on my skin which is rosacea sensitive skin.
The product is very buildable and at first I thought it was going to look like powder on the skin, but when you buff it in it seems to melt into the skin and become luminous, I put a second layer on as I like more coverage and it's beautiful, it lasts all day and my skin looks really fresh by the end of the day.

The packaging is really clever to so you don't use too much product a little goes a long way, it doesn't feel like I'm wearing foundation but has great coverage.

It is very inexpensive compared to other brands, and it only has 5 ingredients in it.

I have also purchased the primer and the mineral veil, and will be trying more of their products too.

Sorry I didn't try this years ago I'm not going to change foundation again.

on 3/2/2017 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I really like this stuff. I was very against powder foundations for a very long time but decided to give this item a whirl after receiving a deluxe sample in an order. I was very impressed that this powder really does melt into the skin like a liquid foundation would. I don't bother with the matching primer or mineral veil setting powder and this wears on my combo/oily skin nicely even in hot weather. Even though I'm more on the oily side (drying out as I get older) I still really enjoy the dewy finish of this. It's very flattering and healthy looking.

Shade Fairly Light is a great match for my neutral toned fair skin without being too light or too orange.

Definitely going to purchase the full size.

With that said, this is MESSY. I hate loose products because of this but will deal.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I've worn fairly light, medium and now with their new colors I am golden ivory. I'm Nc20 so maybe that will help someone. It looks great on and it doesn't aggravate my rosacea. If primed right it doesn't emphasize my dry skin and can look flawless all day. It's been around forever for a reason.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

After 20 years, this is still my favorite foundation. Easy to apply even if you need to do it in your bathrobe and not your clothes because yes, it does fly around a bit while you buff. The color selections can't be beat and has recently been extended to 30 shades. The coverage is better than you would expect, the texture is smooth and the finish is just that little bit of glow to look like natural skin. I am a foundation freak, I will try anything new. But this is what i always come back to and its been the only foundation i've purchased more than once over the course of two decades.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I used this product when I was in grad school.... good consistency, however, led to minor breakouts for the first month...skin seemed to adjust and results were mediocre to good for the following 8 months. Went to a new product on the advice of my MIL. It's worth a try if your considering

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

It's what I like in a powder- light feel, good coverage and easy to apply.

I decided to change from my regular Armani Luminous Silk over summer to a powder-based foundation. What a mistake! I've been using it up as I don't want to waste it but I cannot wait until it is all gone and I can go back to luminous silk.

This foundation is drying, it left me looking like I had a ton of makeup on and seemed to enhance my pores. It has good coverage so if you have oily skin and want good coverage then this might be the foundation for you.

As someone looking for medium coverage with combination skin, I think I'll stick to those foundations that leave a dewy finish.

on 10/3/2016 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm 53 and have some lines.This product doesn't.enhance lines. Gives a natural glow to the skin. And all so heals break outs.I use the neutral fairly light. I would highly recommend this product.