Bare Escentuals Original SPF 15 Foundation

Bare Escentuals Original SPF 15 Foundation
Original SPF 15 Foundation

3.5

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 12.6%, Zinc Oxide 21%. Inactive Ingredients: Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Iron Oxides, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

After 20 years, this is still my favorite foundation. Easy to apply even if you need to do it in your bathrobe and not your clothes because yes, it does fly around a bit while you buff. The color selections can't be beat and has recently been extended to 30 shades. The coverage is better than you would expect, the texture is smooth and the finish is just that little bit of glow to look like natural skin. I am a foundation freak, I will try anything new. But this is what i always come back to and its been the only foundation i've purchased more than once over the course of two decades.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I used this product when I was in grad school.... good consistency, however, led to minor breakouts for the first month...skin seemed to adjust and results were mediocre to good for the following 8 months. Went to a new product on the advice of my MIL. It's worth a try if your considering

It's what I like in a powder- light feel, good coverage and easy to apply.

I decided to change from my regular Armani Luminous Silk over summer to a powder-based foundation. What a mistake! I've been using it up as I don't want to waste it but I cannot wait until it is all gone and I can go back to luminous silk.

This foundation is drying, it left me looking like I had a ton of makeup on and seemed to enhance my pores. It has good coverage so if you have oily skin and want good coverage then this might be the foundation for you.

As someone looking for medium coverage with combination skin, I think I'll stick to those foundations that leave a dewy finish.

on 10/3/2016 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm 53 and have some lines.This product doesn't.enhance lines. Gives a natural glow to the skin. And all so heals break outs.I use the neutral fairly light. I would highly recommend this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

So incredibly awful. Not only does this oxidize about 3 shades darker than my skin tone, the bismuth irritates my skin so badly. It leaves me itchy, breaks me out, red rashes on my face. It gives very good coverage but at the same time has a metallic finish almost...looks shiny and unnatural. I like the matte version but the original is terrible.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

The other day I was buying donuts and the girl behind the register had the most beautiful, glowing, flawless skin I had ever seen. I immediately asked her about her entire makeup regimen and she told me that she uses Bare Minerals. I am a total product junkie but Bare Minerals is a product I had never even really considered because I was turned off by the endless late-night infomercials. The next day I rushed to Ulta and bought the pressed foundation like the girl said she used, but after a poor color match I ended up exchanging it for a loose powder which I think I like a little better. The loose powder seems easier to build up coverage somehow.

I think this is a truly amazing product for the right person/purpose. My skin is oily, breakout-prone and I always hated the thought of liquid foundation on my skin. I survived all of my 20s wearing only concealer and a little powder on my skin. After having my daughter, my skin seemed to need a little extra help. I looked tired all the time and the hormone changes didn't do my skin any favors. I felt uneven and blotchy. I started using liquid foundation but I found that I was having breakouts almost every week. I even bought a dermatologist tool so I could extract my pores nightly after removing all the makeup. I had to wear more and more makeup to cover the blemishes and that caused me to have more blemishes. I just wanted something light and non pore-clogging with moderate coverage. Bare Minerals is the perfect product for that. It covers so much better than I expected, leaves my skin feeling flawless and glowing and I don't get super oily an hour after putting my makeup on like I used to. My breakouts have all cleared up after 2 days of using this product; My skin is probably the clearest it's been in over a year and feels super healthy and radiant. I don't know why I never really gave Bare Minerals a chance before but I'm so glad I finally did.

on 9/28/2015 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I really like this product. It's very light weight and it's perfect for the summer months when you don't have too much products on your face.

I can use it only during the summer months, because in the winter time my skin is too dry to use a powder foundation. It has some micro glitter which aren't evident on the skin but give a nice glow to the complexion.

The packaging is pretty nice even if when I close the cap, somehow some product come off the sifter, but it's not a big deal. it doesnt go waisted.
I really think I would repurchaise once every two summers :) maybe I should try it as a bronzer.........

on 8/29/2015 6:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have an love and hate relationship with the Bare Minerals Original foundation.

I like the idea of it, but after i put it on, it doesn't look nice. My pores are showing, and they look worse than my bare skin. It doesn't matter what kind of primer I put on before hand, it still doesn't look good.

The only time I can use it, it is using the BB primer, then us the complexion gel cream, then i use it on top. Which can give me a medium plus coverage, and not much pores are showing.

I think i would not get this again. It needs too much work to make it work.

I have to give it to this though, after even a long day wearing, my skin still feel very light. And not oily at all.

I love the idea of mineral makeup and the swirl tap buff application. I love how this makes my skin feel. The only thing I don't like it is can look cake-y if you try to build a fuller coverage, you have to do light layers. And I have dry skin, so it kind of makes me look flat and dull with the powder. I still choose liquids over powdered foundation, but on days I want a natural look and I'm just around the house or gonna be outside all day, this is my go to. It does last, and doesn't feel heavy, and has SPF. Just put complexion rescue and a good moisturizer underneath if you have dry skin, and buff in some mineral veil and add some color to your cheeks to not make your face look like a corpse.