Revlon ColorStay Pressed Powder - Translucent

Revlon ColorStay Pressed Powder - Translucent

4.2

(NEW FORMULA WITH TALC) : Talc, Mica, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polyethylene, Octyldodecyl Glycol Grapeseedate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Lecithin, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Silk, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Lilium Candidum (Lily) Bulb Extract, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lauroyl Lysine, Alumina, Dimethiconol, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid +/- (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77163/Bismuth Oxychloride) ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- (OLD FORMULA TALC-FREE) : Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polyethylene, Octyldodecyl Glycol Grapeseedate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Lecithin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Silk, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Lilium Candidum (Lily) Bulb Extract, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lauroyl Lysine, Synthetic Sapphire, Dimethiconol, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid +/- (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77163/Bismuth Oxychloride)

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

WOW! I was in emergency mode trying to replace my broken UD Deslick and ran into Rite-Aid to get any powder. I ended up with this one by random. All I have to say is that this powder is a lot better than UD $32 powder. I'm actually surprised of the performance of this powder. It cuts down shine immediately and it lasts a long time. It also doesn't give that dreaded white cast. I also assumed this powder would be chalky and dry but it's not. Not bad for a drugstore powder.

on 11/29/2016 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Translucent is PERFECT for pale skin – I’m very fair and most translucent powders turn yellow or orange on me. If you’re a pale lady you will understand this issue. Even brands like Maybelline and L’Oreal their lightest powders aren’t light enough. This performs well on my dry skin without looking cakey and most importantly matches my skin. Love this powder!

on 11/18/2015 12:29:00 AM

I love this for blotting my face! It goes colorless on my skin and I love using this with my large Real Techniques powder brush. Just a few tap on the powder and dabbing it across my face gives me a matte even look. This does not give me a chalky finish. It does not cake up on my face and a little goes a long way. I love using this for either setting my foundation or blotting my face throughout the day. Did not break me out too. Love love love!

For a drugstore product this pressed powder is really good! I really like it. It stays on all day! Its light and has effective coverage, basically it leaves skin flawless! LOVE this product.

on 11/28/2014 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Stays on all day and keeps me matte

on 11/25/2014 4:01:00 PM

I was hoping to find a good translucent pressed powder to carry with me in my purse. I use the e.l.f. loose translucent powder to set my BB cream most of the time, but it's way too messy to take anywhere. I gave this a shot and it's okay. I'm extremely pale, so I could apply quite a bit of this without looking too chalky, and it actually gave a bit of buildable coverage on top of my BB cream in my problem spots. but it gets cakey and oily around my nose and on my chin, and I'm pretty sure it's breaking me out too, since I haven't changed anything else about my makeup routine but I'm getting zitty in weird places. I'm going to stick to my e.l.f. translucent powder and try to find something else portable.

on 10/29/2014 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is exactly the powder I was looking for to reduce shine!! I had always used colored pressed powder on top of my foundation which would look cakey and come off by the end of my work day no matter how many times I blot. This powder has been great it looks much more natural. I still need to blot and I still get oily at the end of the day, but it's not nearly as bad as it used to be before, and just looks "Dewey" more than "disgusting oily mess"

on 9/18/2014 10:51:00 PM

First tried this in a mad five minute break on a very muggy film set. I just hastily slapped it over my exceptionally oily/sweaty face, using the sponge (in the neat little pop-up compartment). Unbelievable product! Took care of the ridiculous amount of initial grunge, and lasted 6 hours on top of that. My large pores were gone, and my skin looked super supple.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Translucent has a very pale ivory-tint with NO shimmer and a matte glow finish. Its a good one for very fair skin because it brightens skin without whitening, and it doesn't darken or change color. The soft fine texture is a big improvement on the cakey old ColorStay Pressed Powders (plain black slimline compacts with no window and no separate powder compartment). I don't take it out with me because that ridiculous half-moon mirror is too small for checking anything but my mascara or lipstick. And, the powder is very soft pressed, giving messy fallout, and is prone to breaking apart when dropped.

on 12/30/2013 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

PROS: No shimmer in it.

CONS: It's matte. Too matte. Makes my skin look dull, not youthful or fresh. Forget about glow or anything, even a light hand does it. Also imparts a slight white cast (I like this trait though, but listed as con since I bet most wouldn't and sometimes it's a bit weird to have that whitness added).

OVERALL: Only if you need to be really matte or want to look "flawless". I'd rather look real though with less effort. My skin looks better with a bit of sheen, but I still need a powder to keep everything in place.

UPDATE April 11, 2014: I used it up slowly over time and I'm nearing the end of it. Yesterday my foundation looked a LOT better than normal and held up too, so I'll give it another point.