Tata Harper Replenishing Nutrient Complex

No Image

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

It's hard to categorize this Tata Harper product. It's kind of a facial oil and it's also kind of a serum. It is composed of jojoba, olive oil, and apricot seed oil, along with all sorts of botanical extracts. I don't really know how beneficial those extracts are for your skin. An extract can be produced a bunch of different ways and the active ingredients that were in the plant originally may or may not survive the extraction process. I suspect a lot of the benefits from this product derive from the oils. It does work beautifully in plumping out the skin. I apply it at night, on clean skin. I roll the ball (it comes in a rollerball applicator) all over the skin and massage in as best I can. I would not use this during the day because it does not absorb readily and the skin will feel tacky for a while. I shudder to think what it would be like under makeup. However, in the morning, my skin is soft, smooth, and glowing.
While I will probably use this up, I do not think I will repurchase. The applicator really bothers me. A rollerball will pick up skin cells, bacteria, and all sorts of other unpleasantness and then deposit in the bottle with your unused product. Yuck. I am also not a big fan of the smell, which is medicinal and tends to linger.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I am an avid oil user and was a little skeptical about the price being able to match the performance/quality but I saw a noticeable improvement in my skin in the mornings after applying it nightly. I even received complements on my skin being more even and radiant. I didn't experience any breakouts or irritation. The oil itself is pretty light and soaks right in so it might not give enough moisture during the colder seasons. In the summer I use it solo but in the winter I use it as a serum and follow with a cream. I love that TH is a luxurious all natural brand. Compared to the other products RN is actually considered cheap (if you can believe that). Since it's so expensive, I'd ask for a sample (which actually lasts a pretty long time) before taking the plunge.

on 2/14/2011 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

EDIT: I've experienced many more oils since my initial review of this product. Other than the alfafa extract, this is a a relatively pedestrian blend for the price.

This blend of high-quality oils—rosehip, jojoba, olive, apricot kernel, borage, and carrot seed, infused with an alphabet of vitamins (A, B, C, D, E) from alfalfa extract and the healing properties of calendula and arnica—is the perfect companion to the Rejuvenating Serum from Tata Harper, too light for my dry skin. Layering the oil locks in the serum, and allows you to adjust the emollients required, exactly where you need it. Together, they make my skin glow. The scent is mild and pleasant, rose otto subdued by the distinctive grassiness of rosehip oil, with a silken texture that feels very comfortable (not greasy) on my skin. I think this would be especially transformative on mature skin. Though I feel it is a nice product, I feel that there are many products like this, some of them not as expensive.

INGREDIENTS rosehip oil, jojoba oil, olive oil, apricot kernel oil, borage flower, alfalfa flower, arnica flower, linden extract, carrot seed oil.