3.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 months ago

If you have ever read any of my reviews I am a very thrifty shopper and I am over the moon about this product! Some other reviews for this product say they don't like the smell, but I think it is fabulous! And the product works just like I would EXPECT a dry shampoo to work...it takes out most of the oiliness, but not enough to make your hair actually look dry....and no white residue! I have tried the more expensive brands, Not Your Mothers and & Batiste and they always left my hair looking dry...and in I never use conditioner dry-and left a white residue. I absolutely love this Suave Professionals Dry Shampoo and for only a fraction of the cost of the name brands! I will never use another dry hair shampoo!!!!

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesHazel

a year ago

I liked this dry shampoo but I don't like the smell..might be some fruit smell but I don't like fruit smell in beauty products. I prefer a light floral or clean smell. I would like an unscented dry shampoo.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

1.0

3 years ago

I sprayed this in my hair and two hours later, I had to wash my hair quickly because it made my scalp itch so bad I couldn't stand it any longer. Thank goodness I was at home and could wash my hair...I was miserable. It didn't even make my hair feel better either. This was my first attempt at dry shampoo and it was a big FAIL!

About reviewer (131 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Tan

HairBrown

3 years ago

I dont right reviews....but i felt like i wanted to say how amazing i think tnis product is. My hair had body,smelled awesome and wasnt weighted down. For me it was instant happiness in a can!!!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

4 years ago

I have dark brown hair that gets oily around day 3. I first bought this product because of the extremely reasonable price tag and honestly wasn't the biggest fan at first. The smell is very overwhelming and not my favorite. It also lingers until you wash your hair, so probably isn't for people that prefer to smell like their perfume of choice. I ended up leaving it on my shelf for a long time and eventually coming back to it just for the sake of using it up and actually ended up liking it quite a bit. The product definitely does the job and kept my hair from looking greasy for at least a good 2 days beyond application! I do notice a white cast, however, if I use a lot or repeat application. It lasted me quite a while, but I don't use dry shampoo very regularly. Pros: - Works well - Cheap Cons: - Strong smell - White cast Overall, I would buy it again if I was in a pinch or wanted something cheap. Left my hair looking great, minus the white cast, so would probably work really well for someone with lighter hair if they don't mind the smell.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesBrown

4 years ago

I am a dry shampoo addict and wanted to try something new so I picked this up for a few bucks at the grocery store. I've used superior dry shampoos, honestly (Klorane and Batiste both work better), but my husband loves the scent of this one. This is a man who never notices perfume, no matter how expensive, but he keeps nuzzling my head and telling me I smell like a watermelon Jolly Rancher. So, 4 stars for head nuzzles.

About reviewer (925 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

3.0

4 years ago

Eh. It works for a few hours but it definete l y makes my hair oiler throughout the day. I used the keratin infused one first and that one was the best I've tried, even against onew that were "#1 in several countries".

About reviewer (49 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairRed, Straight, Fine

4 years ago

I bought this based solely on all the good reviews right here on Makeupalley, and I'm so glad I did. It works like a charm, and is a simple workhorse of a product that won't ever let you down. It does exactly what it's supposed to do, and you can count on it to work every single time. To be fair, I haven't tried that many dry shampoos, but there's really no need to now that I've found this drugstore gem at such an amazingly low price. The only thing I don't care for is the strong scent. What is that, grapefruit? I'm pretty sure that's exactly what it is. Don't let that put you off though, because a lot of people love the scent. It is very fresh, that's true. I just prefer oriental scents. To each their own, I say. But I definitely won't let that stop me from keeping this in my stash at all times. I wish they made it in a travel size so I can stick it in my bag for using after the gym or whatever. That's a great idea, because it could come in handy while traveling.

About reviewer (272 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesBrown

4 years ago

I have masses of fine, dark blonde hair that gets oily at the roots. It's also the color of hair that looks nice and blonde when it's clean, and then the roots get dark as the oiliness makes its mark. I've been experimenting with dry shampoo as a way to keep my hair perky in between every-other-day washes. I apply it to my roots as I'm getting ready for work, let it sit while I put on some mascara and lip gloss, and then brush it out and style my hair if I feel like styling it. Pros: This actually works okay. By the time I leave work I'm definitely looking like I need to wash my hair, but it gets me through the work day and it's been pretty good for my bangs. On days when I have washed my hair and my bangs are misbehaving or I've gotten lotion in them or something, this is a good quick fix. And it's cheap! If you're new to dry shampoo, $3 isn't going to break the bank, and there are more expensive dry shampoos out there that don't work as well. Try this if you're curious and you find it at Safeway or Fred Meyer. Cons: It doesn't last me all day, especially on days when my scalp is more greasy. The smell, while pleasant, is also a little overpowering. I also had to brush my hair a bit more to get rid of the dusty look. Might not be so great for dark hair. Overall, I'd buy it again, if only to have something in my desk at work as a backup, or if I were really short on money and needed something now. Also good for newbies.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

4 years ago

This dry shampoo is by far, the best I have ever used.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age36-43