Suave Professionals Dry Shampoo Spray

3.4

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/5/2016 12:40:00 AM

I have dark brown hair that gets oily around day 3.

I first bought this product because of the extremely reasonable price tag and honestly wasn't the biggest fan at first. The smell is very overwhelming and not my favorite. It also lingers until you wash your hair, so probably isn't for people that prefer to smell like their perfume of choice. I ended up leaving it on my shelf for a long time and eventually coming back to it just for the sake of using it up and actually ended up liking it quite a bit. The product definitely does the job and kept my hair from looking greasy for at least a good 2 days beyond application! I do notice a white cast, however, if I use a lot or repeat application. It lasted me quite a while, but I don't use dry shampoo very regularly.

Pros:
- Works well
- Cheap

Cons:
- Strong smell
- White cast

Overall, I would buy it again if I was in a pinch or wanted something cheap. Left my hair looking great, minus the white cast, so would probably work really well for someone with lighter hair if they don't mind the smell.

on 6/11/2016 9:47:00 PM

I am a dry shampoo addict and wanted to try something new so I picked this up for a few bucks at the grocery store. I've used superior dry shampoos, honestly (Klorane and Batiste both work better), but my husband loves the scent of this one. This is a man who never notices perfume, no matter how expensive, but he keeps nuzzling my head and telling me I smell like a watermelon Jolly Rancher.

So, 4 stars for head nuzzles.

To Read all 310 Reviews, Login or Join

Eh. It works for a few hours but it definete l y makes my hair oiler throughout the day. I used the keratin infused one first and that one was the best I've tried, even against onew that were "#1 in several countries".

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I bought this based solely on all the good reviews right here on Makeupalley, and I'm so glad I did. It works like a charm, and is a simple workhorse of a product that won't ever let you down. It does exactly what it's supposed to do, and you can count on it to work every single time.

To be fair, I haven't tried that many dry shampoos, but there's really no need to now that I've found this drugstore gem at such an amazingly low price. The only thing I don't care for is the strong scent. What is that, grapefruit? I'm pretty sure that's exactly what it is.

Don't let that put you off though, because a lot of people love the scent. It is very fresh, that's true. I just prefer oriental scents. To each their own, I say.

But I definitely won't let that stop me from keeping this in my stash at all times. I wish they made it in a travel size so I can stick it in my bag for using after the gym or whatever. That's a great idea, because it could come in handy while traveling.

I have masses of fine, dark blonde hair that gets oily at the roots. It's also the color of hair that looks nice and blonde when it's clean, and then the roots get dark as the oiliness makes its mark. I've been experimenting with dry shampoo as a way to keep my hair perky in between every-other-day washes. I apply it to my roots as I'm getting ready for work, let it sit while I put on some mascara and lip gloss, and then brush it out and style my hair if I feel like styling it.

Pros: This actually works okay. By the time I leave work I'm definitely looking like I need to wash my hair, but it gets me through the work day and it's been pretty good for my bangs. On days when I have washed my hair and my bangs are misbehaving or I've gotten lotion in them or something, this is a good quick fix. And it's cheap! If you're new to dry shampoo, $3 isn't going to break the bank, and there are more expensive dry shampoos out there that don't work as well. Try this if you're curious and you find it at Safeway or Fred Meyer.

Cons: It doesn't last me all day, especially on days when my scalp is more greasy. The smell, while pleasant, is also a little overpowering. I also had to brush my hair a bit more to get rid of the dusty look. Might not be so great for dark hair.

Overall, I'd buy it again, if only to have something in my desk at work as a backup, or if I were really short on money and needed something now. Also good for newbies.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I wear extensions in my hair on my regular basis. With that being said, I don't use dry shampoo all over my hair, I mainly spritz my scalp with this to freshen it up. It has a pleasant smell and doesn't dry out my scalp. No complaints on my end.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This dry shampoo is by far, the best I have ever used.

on 5/17/2015 11:39:00 AM

This is hands down the best dry shampoo. Everyone told me to try Not Your Mother's, so I did, and it just down not compare.

First off, THIS HAS BEEN REPACKAGED. It's now in a silver/purple/black bottle. Thank god too cause I was about to cry when I couldn't find it anywhere (Target sells it in packs of two...might wanna get like 10 of those just in case it does get discontinued..to be prepared....).

Anyway, this stuff works wonders on my hair. When you spray it on, it initially leaves a white residue. I just let it sit while I get dressed, do makeup, etc. Then I'll come back to it and just rub it with my palm into my scalp. White residue goes away, along with the oil! I think it says to brush it through on the bottle, but I have wavy hair so I don't brush. The rubbing works great!

Also I don't think the scent is as strong as many here think. It's definitely strong, but it smells really good and citrus-y so I don't think it's overpowering. Plus it stays on your hair all day and people compliment the way I smell. Fantastic. Also, it's cheap! Buy it! BUY IT!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really liked this dry shampoo! I previously tried the TRESemme dry shampoo and hated it! This compared to the TRESemme is fabulous. It goes on white but it decomes invisible unlike the TRESemme which left my hair grey. It has a nice scent and comes in a 5 oz. bottle. It worked on days when I would skip on washing my hair and it soaked up the oil and it didn't return. What I do is spray this onto my roots and I let it sit there for 5 minutes and then I begin to massage it into my scalp and eventually take a brush and comb the rest of the product out. For the price and quality this is a steal!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I used this as my main dry shampoo for years. Te price was the main reason. It does it's main job fine-- soaks up oil. But it does leave a heavy, dusty layer of residue. Not something I'd like to use two days in a row. As with misty dry shampoos, it leaves a white cast. Less of a problem for me because I'm blonde. The reason I finally stopped using it was because of the way it made my scalp smell. It seems ok when first sprayed on, but for me once it settled into my roots it produced a very gross musty smell. I also tried the suave keratin dry shampoo which didn't cause the musty smell but just smelled way too strong and made my eyes and nose burn. The price is right and if I ever was in a bind with my cash flow, this is what I'd use. And hope nobody could smell my musty hair.