Finesse Clean + Simple Hypoallergenic For Normal Hair

Price: $

on 1/8/2017 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I used this shampoo because my scalp is dry, sensitive, and itchy. I diluted the shampoo half and half with distilled water to make it milder and less irritating. I shampooed twice and had a nice lather with the second wash. It has relatively few ingredients, although it does contain fragrance about halfway down the ingredient list. The shampoo is hypoallergenic and free of allergens, dyes, and sulfates. I used it together with Finesse Hypoallergenic Conditioner for Dry/Color Treated Hair, which I left on for 5 minutes. Unfortunately, my scalp continued to be dry, sensitive, and itchy.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Excellent for the value. Not many harsh additives and a nice, clean, very mild scent. Hair feels and looks clean with no weigh down. And no guilt about using tons of it on my long hair since it's so cheap.

on 10/13/2013 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a pretty good shampoo. I like that it's hypoallergenic, I only wish it were fragrance free too. I might buy this again in a pinch if I can't find Free and Clear, which is siimilar but without the fragrance. This shampoo is very affordable.

on 12/28/2012 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

this was my second sulfate-free shampoo; my first one I ever used was the 365 (Whole Foods brand) Herbal Mint shampoo. it had a wonderful scent but was difficult to get into a lather. I know it's not the lather itself that cleans the hair, but if the shampoo lathers well, I feel like I don't need to use as much product to get it on all my hair. I actually prefer the consistency of the Finesse Clean + Simple shampoo over the 365 one, but the reason why I rated it as a 3 is because I didn't find it to be anything special. in contrast, my mom and brother apparently like it a lot, since they have been using this product ever since it came out. I wouldn't buy it again because I like to have matching shampoo and conditioner, and I was quite dissatisfied with the conditioner from this line.

on 9/23/2012 5:15:00 PM

Sulfate-free shampoos are increasing in popularity and so I have ever since been purchasing and trying the ones that claim to be sulfate-free at the pharmacies. I have tried a couple from John Frieda and L'oreal and Organix, but I was never really pleased with the results...though I tried to convince myself that the fact that they are sulfate-free outweighs the cons (the horrible smell, the drying frizzy feeling it left on my hair all for about $12)..until one day I found this one, a sulfate-free Finesse for only $1.50 and so I thought, there is nothing to lose really. I bought it and I have been purchasing it ever since. Not only is it sulfate-free, but it is also paraben free which is at this price, amazing.

on 6/14/2012 10:33:00 AM

Well... this is alright. I mean I really like it for my hair after coming off of Pantene, it restored my hair to its natural gross state (Greasy, greasy greasy!) so it works well for removing grease and I guess hydrating. My only complaint is that I don't really feel like my hair gets clean clean with this. Every couple days I use a different shampoo just to feel, well, clean. I like that its hypo-allergenic because I think a reaction to my previous shampoos is what started my problem. While at this stage of the game I like it, its not my favourite. I'll finish up the couple bottles I got on sale and probably will move on.

on 7/29/2011 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Wow, this leaves my hair rough and frizzy, and my scalp flakes like crazy. Either this shampoo is too harsh or it's just very difficult to rinse out. I can't tell. It's funny how the sulfate-free shampoos---supposedly more gentle---end up being anything but gentle for me.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Hmm... I have really mixed feelings about this shampoo. I have a sulfate sensitivity, so I've been shopping around for a sulfate-free shampoo for a while. Where I live, most sulfate-free products are quite pricey, and being a college student I bought this as the budget option.

Because it's sulfate-free, it definitely helps me with my sensitivity. My hair still gets clean and shiny, and I don't break out in a burning rash like I used to with regular shampoo.

My big complaint, though, is the consistency of the shampoo itself. It's so runny that it just pours right out of the container. I also have to use a lot more of the product to get my hair clean than I have with the few other sulfate-free shampoos that I've tried. I wonder if anyone else has experienced this?

While I like this shampoo, I'm still adventuring to find another sulfate-free shampoo. I'm about to try something from Whole Foods. If I don't like it as much, I'll come back to Finesse because it does its job and is a good budget option.

on 5/1/2011 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hate to be the ant at the picnic (admittedly, sometimes I cherish that role), but I didn't like this shampoo. I decided to try this since I have a picky scalp and wanted to try an inexpensive sulfate-free shampoo. (Plus, I had a mail in rebate to get the product for free.) This product left my hair feeling very dry, unclean, and hard to manage, even after using a conditioner. Won't buy this again myself. That being said, if you have serious skin conditions aggravated by sulfate shampoos then you may want to consider this as a cheap option. Keep in mind there is no standard for using the term "hypoallergenic." This product contains fragrance, nullifying that claim as fragrances can cause allergic reactions (not with me, mind you). It's not an offensive or penetrating smell, just doesn't fit with the marketing strategy of this shampoo.

on 2/19/2011 12:02:00 PM

I suffer from atopic dermatitis and almost every kind of soap or sudsy kind of product cause irritation and redness. As you can imagine, it's extremely uncomfortable and I have to be meticulous and careful with all products I purchase for showering, etc.. That being said, I have always been a fan of Finesse for a couple of decades now. I love how soft it makes my hair, the light scent and how shiny it leaves my hair. Recently though, the ingredients in the older one has been exasperating my recent eczema outbreak. I came across Finesse Clean + Simple shampoo and I was literally jumping for joy! I used it this morning and I can tell you, no skin irritation whatsoever and it left my hair, soft, clean and the faint scent was so very olfactory pleasing. I recommend this to anyone with severe allergies.

Popular Shampoos