EcoTools Bamboo Six Piece Essential Eye Set

Filtered by hair type : Straight
EcoTools Bamboo Six Piece Essential Eye Set

3.8

on 8/2/2015 8:53:00 AM

This is a cute little kit that will last forever and is really portable. Ecotools does a great job of assembling brushes with materials that are recycled/recyclabe/sustainable. This mini kit is perfect for travel and is easy to maintain. The bristles are also very soft. Two thumbs up!

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I really adore these, I'm so bad at applying eyeshadow but I used to use these with my naked palette everyday and it looked amazing. :) these brushes are really nice and soft but also blend perfectly. I recently lost these when I moved and I'm pretty upset about that, but luckily the price makes it not so bad, haha. I'll definitely pick some up again soon. Overall, I really love these, and they're worth buying again.

on 5/17/2014 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought a small travel makeup bag recently that would not comfortably accomodate my normal sized brushes so I decided to invest in some smaller brushes for when I traveled. I bought a little eyeshadow and fan brush set from Smashbox during the Christmas holiday, but I like having multiple eyeshadow brush choices and the Smashbox set only had a basic large eye brush and a small crease brush, plus a random fan brush. I wanted/needed more options than that because my eye makeup is the most important part of my makeup looks. So I have had my eyes open. In the past I have had some MAC holiday travel brushes, but I didn't want to invest the big bucks for a set of mini brushes that I would only use occasionally. I've seen the Ecotools brushes before and they always felt soft, but I have never bought any of them because I most of the brushes are basic brushes that I already have in some other brand. Today I decided it wouldn't hurt to give one of their travel-sized brush kits a try.

The set comes with six different eyeshadow brushes. I believe there are some travel kits that have blush brushes and powder brushes, but I already have those from a previous MAC mini brush purchase. This Ecotools kit was specifically for eyes, which I was really pleased about. The kit comes with a large eye brush, angled crease brush, petite ey shading brush, highlighting brush and smudge brush. You also get a little stow away bag. The bag isn't anything special, but its worth keeping so you can throw the brushes in a makeup bag and not worry about them flying around or bristles getting bent. It will also keep you from losing them, which I appreciate as I have had problems with losing travel-sized brushes in the past.

The brushes themselves are nicely made. They are very light and the bristles are very soft, but not so soft that they don't pick up shadows. They apply nicely and work well. They aren't as fabulous as my every day brushes, but I didn't really expect them to be. As far as drugstore brushes go these are nicer than most.

For those that care Ecotools products are made of cruelty-free bristles and contained bamboo and recycled aluminum. The stow away bag is made of natural materials and EVA, which is said to be free of phthalates and PVC.

Overall I am glad I purchased these. They were $11.50 and well worth the money. Now I only wish Real Techniques would make some travel brushes and I would be super duper set for travel. lol :)

on 9/6/2012 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my go-to line for brushes. I've had some of them for almost two years and I've never had a single bristle fall out of any of them. The are eco-friendly and affordable as well. When I worked in cosmetics, these are the brushes I would tell everyone to buy.

I bought this set because I wanted a crease brush, and I liked the smaller brushes so I can put some on my waterline. I'm sure there's probably better brushes out there, but these work just fine for me.

on 3/2/2011 4:54:00 PM

I wish we could give this a 0 doesn't even deserve a 1. I bought this today and tried it with several different brands of shadow. Not a single brand stayed in the brush. I know that they a cheap brand but these are the worst brushes I have ever bought. I will be attempting to return these tomorrow.

Popular Makeup Brushes