Ecotools Bamboo Six Piece Essential Eye Set

4.8

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/2/2015 8:53:00 AM

This is a cute little kit that will last forever and is really portable. Ecotools does a great job of assembling brushes with materials that are recycled/recyclabe/sustainable. This mini kit is perfect for travel and is easy to maintain. The bristles are also very soft. Two thumbs up!

I love these brushes! I have some high end brushes, but I always reach back for these. They travel well. I clean them weekly with baby shampoo and rosemary EO and have not had any issues with them. Owned for a year and use them daily. Worth every penny!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have already purchased the "mineral set" from ecotools which I love and this completes my beginner set of makeup brushes ! I love this set the brushes are so soft and are easy to clean. The travel pouch is perfect to store them. This is great for beginners like me who need to have some small brushes to start off with !

on 5/17/2014 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought a small travel makeup bag recently that would not comfortably accomodate my normal sized brushes so I decided to invest in some smaller brushes for when I traveled. I bought a little eyeshadow and fan brush set from Smashbox during the Christmas holiday, but I like having multiple eyeshadow brush choices and the Smashbox set only had a basic large eye brush and a small crease brush, plus a random fan brush. I wanted/needed more options than that because my eye makeup is the most important part of my makeup looks. So I have had my eyes open. In the past I have had some MAC holiday travel brushes, but I didn't want to invest the big bucks for a set of mini brushes that I would only use occasionally. I've seen the Ecotools brushes before and they always felt soft, but I have never bought any of them because I most of the brushes are basic brushes that I already have in some other brand. Today I decided it wouldn't hurt to give one of their travel-sized brush kits a try.

The set comes with six different eyeshadow brushes. I believe there are some travel kits that have blush brushes and powder brushes, but I already have those from a previous MAC mini brush purchase. This Ecotools kit was specifically for eyes, which I was really pleased about. The kit comes with a large eye brush, angled crease brush, petite ey shading brush, highlighting brush and smudge brush. You also get a little stow away bag. The bag isn't anything special, but its worth keeping so you can throw the brushes in a makeup bag and not worry about them flying around or bristles getting bent. It will also keep you from losing them, which I appreciate as I have had problems with losing travel-sized brushes in the past.

The brushes themselves are nicely made. They are very light and the bristles are very soft, but not so soft that they don't pick up shadows. They apply nicely and work well. They aren't as fabulous as my every day brushes, but I didn't really expect them to be. As far as drugstore brushes go these are nicer than most.

For those that care Ecotools products are made of cruelty-free bristles and contained bamboo and recycled aluminum. The stow away bag is made of natural materials and EVA, which is said to be free of phthalates and PVC.

Overall I am glad I purchased these. They were $11.50 and well worth the money. Now I only wish Real Techniques would make some travel brushes and I would be super duper set for travel. lol :)

Popular Makeup Brushes