EcoTools Bamboo Six Piece Essential Eye Set

Filtered by skin type : Combination
EcoTools Bamboo Six Piece Essential Eye Set

3.7

on 8/29/2016 8:27:00 PM

I wasn't too excited using these, especially for applying my eye shadow. As in, the brushes are too large and bulky to be used effectively as eye shadow brushes.

Anyway I ended up using these for highlighting and setting my powder, and they were great for that. Because they are not long brushes I can throw a few in my bag and use them to touch up throughout the day.

I do love a few of the brushes from the Ecotools line but these were nothing special. Perhaps that what you get from a bulk pack of brushes? Anyways wouldn't recommend this one.

on 2/8/2016 12:40:00 PM

Best eye brush investment. Granted, they're not that expensive, but they made applying eyeshadow so much easier. They are all I use nowadays. The only thing I'd wish is if they changed the largest brush to an angled brow brush. I have a small lid space and the fluffy angled brush works well for applying colour and blending out the edges. Also, the biggest brush is too small and not fluffy enough for any other purpose like highlighting the cheekbones. I love that this set has the dome shaped crease brush because for some reason, they are extremely hard to find, especially affordable ones.

They are very soft but densely packed, pick up product easily, are small and precise enough for the inner corner and lower lash line, travel-friendly and have never shed. Probably going to last me a long time. Real Techniques and EcoTools are the way to go for me when it comes to affordable brushes!

on 9/6/2012 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my go-to line for brushes. I've had some of them for almost two years and I've never had a single bristle fall out of any of them. The are eco-friendly and affordable as well. When I worked in cosmetics, these are the brushes I would tell everyone to buy.

I bought this set because I wanted a crease brush, and I liked the smaller brushes so I can put some on my waterline. I'm sure there's probably better brushes out there, but these work just fine for me.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I heard neutral to good things about these brushes, and of course, seen their use in one of Michelle's videos.

Uses: I purchased these brushes for the use of drugstore eyeshadows only. The set comes with five brushes with name labels on their handles: Blend (looks like a large shader brush) , Highlight (looks like a standard brush), Crease (angled brush), Shade (small), and Smudge.

Performance: Fair-poor, in all drugstore brands, some brushes can pick up product, others cannot. I can't seem to pick up any product at all with the large flat shader labelled Blend. The highlight brush is simple and can pick up most drugstore brands which makes me happy, but it's blendability with other colors are poor-fair (as expected with most drugstore eyeshadow brushes). I do not use the Crease brush since i'm not a fan of angled eyeshadow brushes (and it sheds). I don't really use the small Shade brush for anything other than highlighting under the browbone. Lastly, I use the Smudge brush for the inner corners instead for traditional smudging (and I already have a smudger I use regularly) because it fits right in there.

Overall: Three Lip rating since I bought the set mainly for 3 brushes (Highlight, Smudge, and Shade), and they work with most of the drugstore eyeshadows I purchase. I definitely do not use or recommend these brushes with more expensive brands.

on 7/8/2011 2:20:00 PM

I'm shocked that no one else liked these brushes, I love each one and they all pick up the perfect amount of eyeshadow.

All I ever use is these brushes when applying my mac eyeshadows.

**ALSO the bigger powder brush from eco tools is what I use to put on my mineralize skin finish (and it also works like a dream)**

on 2/13/2011 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I was looking for some really soft brushes for blending, and this does it pretty good. I only use it for blending. These brushes don't work for anything but that for me. I use the bigger eyeshadow brushes for allover my lid and the tiny cute smaller ones for laying eyeshadow over my eyeliners aound the rims of my eyes to smoke it out. I love how small the little brushes are because I can really detail and get into the small areas around my eyes without getting eyeshadow everywhere. It was 9.99 for all six brushes. It's a nice addition to any collection, but I have many other better brushes.

Popular Makeup Brushes