EcoTools Bamboo Six Piece Essential Eye Set

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

EcoTools calls this six piece brush set an "eye makover on the go". Each of the five brushes is designed to have multiple functions. These brushes feature "soft, cruelty free taklon bristles, recycled aluminum ferrules, and sleek bamboo handles." EcoTools is a wildly popular brand among bloggers big and small. As most already know, EcoTools make very reasonably priced brushes and other cosmetic accessories that can be bought worldwide at just about any drugstore and major retailers. I bought this brush set at Rite Aid on a buy one get one free deal for $7.99, the MSRP, but I've seen it priced for as low as $6, a great deal. I believe EcoTools products are made in America, they are a cruelty free brand.
The five brushes come wrapped up in a small hemp and cotton brush roll that resembles an envelope when closed via velcro. A small mirror can be found inside. It's a decent quality mirror, but too small to do your makeup with, except maybe lipstick or gloss. Five elastic loops inside hold the brushes in place. The case isn't cute by any means, but it's functional and well made. I don't store my brushes in this brush roll, but I do use it for travel purposes.
The brushes in this set are travel size, about five inches long from bottom of the handle to tip of the bristles. Each lacquered bamboo handle features the EcoTools logo and brush name carved into them. The aluminum ferrules are firmly attached to the handle and hold the synthetic bristles in place well. Each brush is dense, silky soft, splay free, washes well, and doesn't shed. The quality is fantastic, especially considering the price.
The first brush in the set is the Blend brush, also known as the Large Eye brush. . Large Eye brush is, in my opinion, a more apt name for this brush for two reasons. First off, it's an entirely different shape than most blending brushes, instead of being fluffy and round, this brush is flat but full, coming to a slightly rounded tip, not really the shape I think of for blending. The other reason? This brush's head is legit the same size as my eyelid. How can I blend with something that takes up the entire surface of my eyelid? That being said, this brush does blend really nicely, but I prefer to use to to apply a light wash of color over the whole lid in one go. This is a lazy day kind of brush.
Next up is the highlgiht brush. Long bristles taper into a softly pointed tip. I have never once used this brush to highlight, mainly because it's the perfect crease brush for my eye shape. I would buy this whole set again just for this brush. It applies and blends shadow into the crease flawlessly. It's the ideal shape for hooded, deep set, almond, or Asian shaped eyes, anyone with a small crease. Thinking about it, I suppose this brush would be good for highlighting for those with larger, rounder eyes. The precise point would be good for applying just a touch of shadow under the brow or in the inner corner.
The third brush in this collection is the Smudge brush. I think this brush could be improved upon a little. What would I change? I'd make it just a little stiffer. Because EcoTools Smudge brush isn't quite the stiffness I'd prefer, I find that it doesn't smudge shadow or liner as well as I'd like, but it could get the job done in a pinch. I prefer to use this brush in the outer V and to define the crease, it's the perfect size, shape, and density.
The Shade brush, a.k.a. the Petite Eye Shading Brush, is a teeny tiny shading/paddle brush, definitely the littlest one that I have. This brush is perfect for it's assigned function, it packs on eyeshadow beautifully, can be used to blend a bit, and is thin enough to use along the lower lash line. This brush is ideal for detail work and precise, perfect application.
Last and probably lease is the Crease brush. A gently angled brush, it's only a little too big for my crease, but it should be fine for most eye shapes and sizes. I use this brush when I want an extreme, rounded crease but it's otherwise impractical for me, personally. It's not a bad brush, it's just not suited for my smaller eyes. It blends really nicely, and creates a nice shape. This is the brush I reach for least frequently.
I really like the EcoTools 6 Piece Eye Brush set. There isn't a bad brush in the bunch. However I don't feel like it's fully complete. This kit could use a little angled liner brush or perhaps a fluffy blending brush. Of course I feel like most kits need an angled liner brush though, they're my favs. Aside from that, EcoTools offers a good selection of eye brushes, definitely all you need if you're traveling. This brush set is excellent, potentially some of the best brushes on the drugstore level, but I think everyone says that. I would repurchase this brush set if I needed to, but they seem very good quality, so I likely won't have to at least for quite a while. Go get these brushes, it'll be eight bucks well spent!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I just recently bought this eyeshadow brush set a week ago, and I love it!! This brush set comes with an eyeshadow brush, an angled crease brush, an highlight brush (which I like to use as a blending brush), an smudge brush, an eye shading brush (which I never use because it's so small), and an brush case. It costs me around $7, but it depends where you get it. You can buy it at Walmart and Walgreens as far as I know. The brushes are soft and their cruelty-free bristles. I love them, and I would recommend buying them! :)

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love every one of the Ecotools brushes, and I use them all! I'm a goner for non-cruelty, recycled products, but even I realize how often quality suffers for eco-friendliness. Not in this case! The non-cruelty fur hairs are soft and supple, and they won't fall out even after repeated cleaning.

For THIS SET SPECIFICALLY:
I love the small brushes and use them for everything. The crease brush is too big for the crease, but it can be used for special stage make up effects, powdering under your eyes to cover circles, using eye brow powder, or just on a whim. The blending brush is one of the most versatile brushes Ecotools sells.

These are great for people just learning to use brushes, since each brush has a recommended use, and for the most part, they are accurate recommendations. The brushes are a good size for almost anyone, and depending on what I'm doing, I use every single one (although not necessarily for the recommended use).

I own the six piece set, the five piece set, and the eye make-up set, and I love the way each case fits into the larger one. Very convenient, especially since I have to take them around to school plays and often use these on multiple people.

The brushes and the packaging are very attractive and natural looking. I make my makeup as natural as possible, so I love that my brushes match my face!

Bottom line:
These are relatively cheap brushes that are match up to the quality of the most expensive brands! They won't fall apart, they're soft, and they're extremely versatile. Great for beginners. Add in the recycled packaging, non cruelty fur, and bamboo handles, and you've got one of the best nature friendly products available!

i really love this product :)
it was well worth the 15 $ :)
it works great on every eyeshadow i have used and they are ice and soft
i would definitley rebuy this product

Popular Makeup Brushes