EcoTools Bamboo Six Piece Essential Eye Set

EcoTools Bamboo Six Piece Essential Eye Set

4.1

My goodness me I love these.

I have lots of brushes so I've been on a brush no buy for a few years. Although I have so many, I have never found a really fluffly 'all over' e/s brush that I really love. I spotted the one in this kit and wanted it immediately.

I held out, thinking that I have so many already... I don't need it. I picked it up and almost bought it a few times but always talked myself out of it. One day I was perusing the m/u section at TK Maxx and this brush set was there. Finally I got it.

I hardly ever use any other brushes for my eye m/u now. I feel like laugh crying when I think about how much money I have spent on e/s brushes. These brushes are easily comparable to MAC imo and they are a fraction of the price, even when not on sale at TX Maxx.

This is the perfect set. I love the crease brush, the little smudge brush is perfect. I finally have the full 'all over' brush I always wanted AND they are from sustainable bamboo, cruelty free and *wipes tear* they are the perfect size for travelling and they come with their own little clear travelling pouch.

I have a Barry M e/s brush that was similar price range, compared to these it is scratchy and annoying. I have read other reviews saying that they have a hard time picking up colour with these. The material the bristles are made from seem to be quite 'slippery' so I can see why, but I haven't noticed it enough to be concerned about it.

I use them all the time with my Naked 2 palette and I feel like they were made for it. - I just realised that the bristles have a very similar feel to the e/s brush that came with the palette. I guess because they are both synthetic.

Anyhow. If you are just starting out and would like to get some eye m/u brushes. I cannot recommend these enough.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

When I first got this set and used it, I was like "well this doesn't do the job well" and I put them away for sometime. Recently I got my first "higher end" eye palette (tartelette) and found out that the problem wasn't with the brush but my eyeshadows. These worked wonderfully, the bristles are so soft and of good quality. Definitely will re-purchase if they start to wear off.

on 8/2/2015 8:53:00 AM

This is a cute little kit that will last forever and is really portable. Ecotools does a great job of assembling brushes with materials that are recycled/recyclabe/sustainable. This mini kit is perfect for travel and is easy to maintain. The bristles are also very soft. Two thumbs up!

I love these brushes! I have some high end brushes, but I always reach back for these. They travel well. I clean them weekly with baby shampoo and rosemary EO and have not had any issues with them. Owned for a year and use them daily. Worth every penny!

on 12/16/2014 5:22:00 PM

The picture you see is the new packageing. I like the old packageing. With the old package you recieved a brush roll with a mirror. I love the old packageing and wish they would come back out with it. One of the most convenient small brush sets I own. Full brush style with the compact space saver you need. Over all I would still rebuy this set even with the new packing. If not convinced then barrow them. Invest in them after u fall in love.

I bought this set and several others of the Ecotools after hearing so much about them. I got almost every brush and set at wal mart. For reference I have quiet a few clinique brushes , also I like the sephora brushes and real techniques , never had any MAC. I really do like these brushes and the price is amazing. I do not mind the short handles at all, but that's just me. I recommend buying these brushes if you love brushes because I think they are so great and I plan to buy more. I will say they do not pack in product heavy but I like that because I tend to be way too heavy handed.

on 11/19/2014 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Best brushes!! They are super soft and I love the short length. I use the two smallest for applying concealer. I love the canvas sleeve they come in, nice and flat, fits well in my bag..Will buy again when they are all worn out.

on 5/17/2014 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought a small travel makeup bag recently that would not comfortably accomodate my normal sized brushes so I decided to invest in some smaller brushes for when I traveled. I bought a little eyeshadow and fan brush set from Smashbox during the Christmas holiday, but I like having multiple eyeshadow brush choices and the Smashbox set only had a basic large eye brush and a small crease brush, plus a random fan brush. I wanted/needed more options than that because my eye makeup is the most important part of my makeup looks. So I have had my eyes open. In the past I have had some MAC holiday travel brushes, but I didn't want to invest the big bucks for a set of mini brushes that I would only use occasionally. I've seen the Ecotools brushes before and they always felt soft, but I have never bought any of them because I most of the brushes are basic brushes that I already have in some other brand. Today I decided it wouldn't hurt to give one of their travel-sized brush kits a try.

The set comes with six different eyeshadow brushes. I believe there are some travel kits that have blush brushes and powder brushes, but I already have those from a previous MAC mini brush purchase. This Ecotools kit was specifically for eyes, which I was really pleased about. The kit comes with a large eye brush, angled crease brush, petite ey shading brush, highlighting brush and smudge brush. You also get a little stow away bag. The bag isn't anything special, but its worth keeping so you can throw the brushes in a makeup bag and not worry about them flying around or bristles getting bent. It will also keep you from losing them, which I appreciate as I have had problems with losing travel-sized brushes in the past.

The brushes themselves are nicely made. They are very light and the bristles are very soft, but not so soft that they don't pick up shadows. They apply nicely and work well. They aren't as fabulous as my every day brushes, but I didn't really expect them to be. As far as drugstore brushes go these are nicer than most.

For those that care Ecotools products are made of cruelty-free bristles and contained bamboo and recycled aluminum. The stow away bag is made of natural materials and EVA, which is said to be free of phthalates and PVC.

Overall I am glad I purchased these. They were $11.50 and well worth the money. Now I only wish Real Techniques would make some travel brushes and I would be super duper set for travel. lol :)

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I just recently bought this eyeshadow brush set a week ago, and I love it!! This brush set comes with an eyeshadow brush, an angled crease brush, an highlight brush (which I like to use as a blending brush), an smudge brush, an eye shading brush (which I never use because it's so small), and an brush case. It costs me around $7, but it depends where you get it. You can buy it at Walmart and Walgreens as far as I know. The brushes are soft and their cruelty-free bristles. I love them, and I would recommend buying them! :)

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love every one of the Ecotools brushes, and I use them all! I'm a goner for non-cruelty, recycled products, but even I realize how often quality suffers for eco-friendliness. Not in this case! The non-cruelty fur hairs are soft and supple, and they won't fall out even after repeated cleaning.

For THIS SET SPECIFICALLY:
I love the small brushes and use them for everything. The crease brush is too big for the crease, but it can be used for special stage make up effects, powdering under your eyes to cover circles, using eye brow powder, or just on a whim. The blending brush is one of the most versatile brushes Ecotools sells.

These are great for people just learning to use brushes, since each brush has a recommended use, and for the most part, they are accurate recommendations. The brushes are a good size for almost anyone, and depending on what I'm doing, I use every single one (although not necessarily for the recommended use).

I own the six piece set, the five piece set, and the eye make-up set, and I love the way each case fits into the larger one. Very convenient, especially since I have to take them around to school plays and often use these on multiple people.

The brushes and the packaging are very attractive and natural looking. I make my makeup as natural as possible, so I love that my brushes match my face!

Bottom line:
These are relatively cheap brushes that are match up to the quality of the most expensive brands! They won't fall apart, they're soft, and they're extremely versatile. Great for beginners. Add in the recycled packaging, non cruelty fur, and bamboo handles, and you've got one of the best nature friendly products available!

Popular Makeup Brushes