EcoTools Bamboo Six Piece Essential Eye Set

EcoTools Bamboo Six Piece Essential Eye Set

4.1

on 2/13/2011 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I was looking for some really soft brushes for blending, and this does it pretty good. I only use it for blending. These brushes don't work for anything but that for me. I use the bigger eyeshadow brushes for allover my lid and the tiny cute smaller ones for laying eyeshadow over my eyeliners aound the rims of my eyes to smoke it out. I love how small the little brushes are because I can really detail and get into the small areas around my eyes without getting eyeshadow everywhere. It was 9.99 for all six brushes. It's a nice addition to any collection, but I have many other better brushes.

on 3/2/2011 4:54:00 PM

I wish we could give this a 0 doesn't even deserve a 1. I bought this today and tried it with several different brands of shadow. Not a single brand stayed in the brush. I know that they a cheap brand but these are the worst brushes I have ever bought. I will be attempting to return these tomorrow.

i really love this product :)
it was well worth the 15 $ :)
it works great on every eyeshadow i have used and they are ice and soft
i would definitley rebuy this product

on 7/8/2011 2:20:00 PM

I'm shocked that no one else liked these brushes, I love each one and they all pick up the perfect amount of eyeshadow.

All I ever use is these brushes when applying my mac eyeshadows.

**ALSO the bigger powder brush from eco tools is what I use to put on my mineralize skin finish (and it also works like a dream)**

on 7/31/2011 6:42:00 PM

For the most part, these brushes are great. They are very soft, pick up eyeshadow well and work good for blending. The 3 bigger brushes are awesome, but the 2 smaller ones are kind of useless, I think. They come in a cute case, and are great for travel, on the go, or everyday use. Cheaply priced but good quality; I think I paid around $7 for them. I would buy them again and definately recommend them.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love every one of the Ecotools brushes, and I use them all! I'm a goner for non-cruelty, recycled products, but even I realize how often quality suffers for eco-friendliness. Not in this case! The non-cruelty fur hairs are soft and supple, and they won't fall out even after repeated cleaning.

For THIS SET SPECIFICALLY:
I love the small brushes and use them for everything. The crease brush is too big for the crease, but it can be used for special stage make up effects, powdering under your eyes to cover circles, using eye brow powder, or just on a whim. The blending brush is one of the most versatile brushes Ecotools sells.

These are great for people just learning to use brushes, since each brush has a recommended use, and for the most part, they are accurate recommendations. The brushes are a good size for almost anyone, and depending on what I'm doing, I use every single one (although not necessarily for the recommended use).

I own the six piece set, the five piece set, and the eye make-up set, and I love the way each case fits into the larger one. Very convenient, especially since I have to take them around to school plays and often use these on multiple people.

The brushes and the packaging are very attractive and natural looking. I make my makeup as natural as possible, so I love that my brushes match my face!

Bottom line:
These are relatively cheap brushes that are match up to the quality of the most expensive brands! They won't fall apart, they're soft, and they're extremely versatile. Great for beginners. Add in the recycled packaging, non cruelty fur, and bamboo handles, and you've got one of the best nature friendly products available!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I just recently bought this eyeshadow brush set a week ago, and I love it!! This brush set comes with an eyeshadow brush, an angled crease brush, an highlight brush (which I like to use as a blending brush), an smudge brush, an eye shading brush (which I never use because it's so small), and an brush case. It costs me around $7, but it depends where you get it. You can buy it at Walmart and Walgreens as far as I know. The brushes are soft and their cruelty-free bristles. I love them, and I would recommend buying them! :)

on 7/16/2012 2:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this set other day, and have used a couple times. I don't think the size/style of the brushes fit what i need. I feel the brush is kinda full and noticed in picking up the eyeshadow it held it too loosely also. I am taking the set back. I think I will just buy the more compact, smaller eyeshadow brush alone. I already have a couple i use and mainly wanted couple more to use separately on "light" colors, and "dark" colors so the colors wouldn't blend into each other and come out wrong on my eyes.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I heard neutral to good things about these brushes, and of course, seen their use in one of Michelle's videos.

Uses: I purchased these brushes for the use of drugstore eyeshadows only. The set comes with five brushes with name labels on their handles: Blend (looks like a large shader brush) , Highlight (looks like a standard brush), Crease (angled brush), Shade (small), and Smudge.

Performance: Fair-poor, in all drugstore brands, some brushes can pick up product, others cannot. I can't seem to pick up any product at all with the large flat shader labelled Blend. The highlight brush is simple and can pick up most drugstore brands which makes me happy, but it's blendability with other colors are poor-fair (as expected with most drugstore eyeshadow brushes). I do not use the Crease brush since i'm not a fan of angled eyeshadow brushes (and it sheds). I don't really use the small Shade brush for anything other than highlighting under the browbone. Lastly, I use the Smudge brush for the inner corners instead for traditional smudging (and I already have a smudger I use regularly) because it fits right in there.

Overall: Three Lip rating since I bought the set mainly for 3 brushes (Highlight, Smudge, and Shade), and they work with most of the drugstore eyeshadows I purchase. I definitely do not use or recommend these brushes with more expensive brands.

on 9/6/2012 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my go-to line for brushes. I've had some of them for almost two years and I've never had a single bristle fall out of any of them. The are eco-friendly and affordable as well. When I worked in cosmetics, these are the brushes I would tell everyone to buy.

I bought this set because I wanted a crease brush, and I liked the smaller brushes so I can put some on my waterline. I'm sure there's probably better brushes out there, but these work just fine for me.

Popular Makeup Brushes