Ecotools Bamboo Six Piece Essential Eye Set

Ecotools  Bamboo Six Piece Essential Eye Set

4.1

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've been in dire need of some new brushes for a while and got these from Amazon at the same time as the Wet n Wild Comfort Zone Palette. I've found these to be great at achieving the kind of looks I want with ease. They are super soft, dense and wash well without shedding. I like the smaller handles, as they can fit into the make-up bag I keep with me on a day to day basis. Overall, a great purchase! (I also found that the eyeliner brush works wonderfully as a mini concealer brush)

on 8/29/2016 8:27:00 PM

I wasn't too excited using these, especially for applying my eye shadow. As in, the brushes are too large and bulky to be used effectively as eye shadow brushes.

Anyway I ended up using these for highlighting and setting my powder, and they were great for that. Because they are not long brushes I can throw a few in my bag and use them to touch up throughout the day.

I do love a few of the brushes from the Ecotools line but these were nothing special. Perhaps that what you get from a bulk pack of brushes? Anyways wouldn't recommend this one.

My goodness me I love these.

I have lots of brushes so I've been on a brush no buy for a few years. Although I have so many, I have never found a really fluffly 'all over' e/s brush that I really love. I spotted the one in this kit and wanted it immediately.

I held out, thinking that I have so many already... I don't need it. I picked it up and almost bought it a few times but always talked myself out of it. One day I was perusing the m/u section at TK Maxx and this brush set was there. Finally I got it.

I hardly ever use any other brushes for my eye m/u now. I feel like laugh crying when I think about how much money I have spent on e/s brushes. These brushes are easily comparable to MAC imo and they are a fraction of the price, even when not on sale at TX Maxx.

This is the perfect set. I love the crease brush, the little smudge brush is perfect. I finally have the full 'all over' brush I always wanted AND they are from sustainable bamboo, cruelty free and *wipes tear* they are the perfect size for travelling and they come with their own little clear travelling pouch.

I have a Barry M e/s brush that was similar price range, compared to these it is scratchy and annoying. I have read other reviews saying that they have a hard time picking up colour with these. The material the bristles are made from seem to be quite 'slippery' so I can see why, but I haven't noticed it enough to be concerned about it.

I use them all the time with my Naked 2 palette and I feel like they were made for it. - I just realised that the bristles have a very similar feel to the e/s brush that came with the palette. I guess because they are both synthetic.

Anyhow. If you are just starting out and would like to get some eye m/u brushes. I cannot recommend these enough.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

When I first got this set and used it, I was like "well this doesn't do the job well" and I put them away for sometime. Recently I got my first "higher end" eye palette (tartelette) and found out that the problem wasn't with the brush but my eyeshadows. These worked wonderfully, the bristles are so soft and of good quality. Definitely will re-purchase if they start to wear off.

on 2/8/2016 12:40:00 PM

Best eye brush investment. Granted, they're not that expensive, but they made applying eyeshadow so much easier. They are all I use nowadays. The only thing I'd wish is if they changed the largest brush to an angled brow brush. I have a small lid space and the fluffy angled brush works well for applying colour and blending out the edges. Also, the biggest brush is too small and not fluffy enough for any other purpose like highlighting the cheekbones. I love that this set has the dome shaped crease brush because for some reason, they are extremely hard to find, especially affordable ones.

They are very soft but densely packed, pick up product easily, are small and precise enough for the inner corner and lower lash line, travel-friendly and have never shed. Probably going to last me a long time. Real Techniques and EcoTools are the way to go for me when it comes to affordable brushes!

on 8/2/2015 8:53:00 AM

This is a cute little kit that will last forever and is really portable. Ecotools does a great job of assembling brushes with materials that are recycled/recyclabe/sustainable. This mini kit is perfect for travel and is easy to maintain. The bristles are also very soft. Two thumbs up!

on 8/2/2015 8:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

These were the first eye brushes I ever bought. It is a good little affordable pack for those who have no eye brushes. I also like that you get the little zip bag with it. You have the lash/brow comb brush that is exactly as it sounds, a large eye brush, angled brush, highlighting brush, petite brush and smudge brush. I have small hooded eyes and I found that the large eye and angled brush were just too large and awkward to use on myself. So I never use them. The highlighting brush works ok as a blending brush, but it is still a bit too large for me. I like the petite and smudge brush the most. The petite is small and flat making it good for patting on concentrated colour in certain areas. Whereas I use the smudge brush for lining the lower lash line, doing an inner eye highlight and even to spot conceal! Shame they don't sell this separately because I would have bought some more. They are soft for low end brushes and while they are not luxury they don't feel scratchy at all. I have experienced zero shedding and I swear I have owned this set for at least five years. So they are durable and of good quality. I would recommend if you want a good cheap brush set. I would not repurchase because really I only have use for 2/6. Also they are still in great condition.

I love these brushes! I have some high end brushes, but I always reach back for these. They travel well. I clean them weekly with baby shampoo and rosemary EO and have not had any issues with them. Owned for a year and use them daily. Worth every penny!

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I really adore these, I'm so bad at applying eyeshadow but I used to use these with my naked palette everyday and it looked amazing. :) these brushes are really nice and soft but also blend perfectly. I recently lost these when I moved and I'm pretty upset about that, but luckily the price makes it not so bad, haha. I'll definitely pick some up again soon. Overall, I really love these, and they're worth buying again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have already purchased the "mineral set" from ecotools which I love and this completes my beginner set of makeup brushes ! I love this set the brushes are so soft and are easy to clean. The travel pouch is perfect to store them. This is great for beginners like me who need to have some small brushes to start off with !

Popular Makeup Brushes