Ecotools Bamboo Six Piece Essential Eye Set

Filtered by age: 19-24
Ecotools  Bamboo Six Piece Essential Eye Set

4.4

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

When I first got this set and used it, I was like "well this doesn't do the job well" and I put them away for sometime. Recently I got my first "higher end" eye palette (tartelette) and found out that the problem wasn't with the brush but my eyeshadows. These worked wonderfully, the bristles are so soft and of good quality. Definitely will re-purchase if they start to wear off.

on 2/8/2016 12:40:00 PM

Best eye brush investment. Granted, they're not that expensive, but they made applying eyeshadow so much easier. They are all I use nowadays. The only thing I'd wish is if they changed the largest brush to an angled brow brush. I have a small lid space and the fluffy angled brush works well for applying colour and blending out the edges. Also, the biggest brush is too small and not fluffy enough for any other purpose like highlighting the cheekbones. I love that this set has the dome shaped crease brush because for some reason, they are extremely hard to find, especially affordable ones.

They are very soft but densely packed, pick up product easily, are small and precise enough for the inner corner and lower lash line, travel-friendly and have never shed. Probably going to last me a long time. Real Techniques and EcoTools are the way to go for me when it comes to affordable brushes!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

EcoTools calls this six piece brush set an "eye makover on the go". Each of the five brushes is designed to have multiple functions. These brushes feature "soft, cruelty free taklon bristles, recycled aluminum ferrules, and sleek bamboo handles." EcoTools is a wildly popular brand among bloggers big and small. As most already know, EcoTools make very reasonably priced brushes and other cosmetic accessories that can be bought worldwide at just about any drugstore and major retailers. I bought this brush set at Rite Aid on a buy one get one free deal for $7.99, the MSRP, but I've seen it priced for as low as $6, a great deal. I believe EcoTools products are made in America, they are a cruelty free brand.
The five brushes come wrapped up in a small hemp and cotton brush roll that resembles an envelope when closed via velcro. A small mirror can be found inside. It's a decent quality mirror, but too small to do your makeup with, except maybe lipstick or gloss. Five elastic loops inside hold the brushes in place. The case isn't cute by any means, but it's functional and well made. I don't store my brushes in this brush roll, but I do use it for travel purposes.
The brushes in this set are travel size, about five inches long from bottom of the handle to tip of the bristles. Each lacquered bamboo handle features the EcoTools logo and brush name carved into them. The aluminum ferrules are firmly attached to the handle and hold the synthetic bristles in place well. Each brush is dense, silky soft, splay free, washes well, and doesn't shed. The quality is fantastic, especially considering the price.
The first brush in the set is the Blend brush, also known as the Large Eye brush. . Large Eye brush is, in my opinion, a more apt name for this brush for two reasons. First off, it's an entirely different shape than most blending brushes, instead of being fluffy and round, this brush is flat but full, coming to a slightly rounded tip, not really the shape I think of for blending. The other reason? This brush's head is legit the same size as my eyelid. How can I blend with something that takes up the entire surface of my eyelid? That being said, this brush does blend really nicely, but I prefer to use to to apply a light wash of color over the whole lid in one go. This is a lazy day kind of brush.
Next up is the highlgiht brush. Long bristles taper into a softly pointed tip. I have never once used this brush to highlight, mainly because it's the perfect crease brush for my eye shape. I would buy this whole set again just for this brush. It applies and blends shadow into the crease flawlessly. It's the ideal shape for hooded, deep set, almond, or Asian shaped eyes, anyone with a small crease. Thinking about it, I suppose this brush would be good for highlighting for those with larger, rounder eyes. The precise point would be good for applying just a touch of shadow under the brow or in the inner corner.
The third brush in this collection is the Smudge brush. I think this brush could be improved upon a little. What would I change? I'd make it just a little stiffer. Because EcoTools Smudge brush isn't quite the stiffness I'd prefer, I find that it doesn't smudge shadow or liner as well as I'd like, but it could get the job done in a pinch. I prefer to use this brush in the outer V and to define the crease, it's the perfect size, shape, and density.
The Shade brush, a.k.a. the Petite Eye Shading Brush, is a teeny tiny shading/paddle brush, definitely the littlest one that I have. This brush is perfect for it's assigned function, it packs on eyeshadow beautifully, can be used to blend a bit, and is thin enough to use along the lower lash line. This brush is ideal for detail work and precise, perfect application.
Last and probably lease is the Crease brush. A gently angled brush, it's only a little too big for my crease, but it should be fine for most eye shapes and sizes. I use this brush when I want an extreme, rounded crease but it's otherwise impractical for me, personally. It's not a bad brush, it's just not suited for my smaller eyes. It blends really nicely, and creates a nice shape. This is the brush I reach for least frequently.
I really like the EcoTools 6 Piece Eye Brush set. There isn't a bad brush in the bunch. However I don't feel like it's fully complete. This kit could use a little angled liner brush or perhaps a fluffy blending brush. Of course I feel like most kits need an angled liner brush though, they're my favs. Aside from that, EcoTools offers a good selection of eye brushes, definitely all you need if you're traveling. This brush set is excellent, potentially some of the best brushes on the drugstore level, but I think everyone says that. I would repurchase this brush set if I needed to, but they seem very good quality, so I likely won't have to at least for quite a while. Go get these brushes, it'll be eight bucks well spent!

on 9/6/2012 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my go-to line for brushes. I've had some of them for almost two years and I've never had a single bristle fall out of any of them. The are eco-friendly and affordable as well. When I worked in cosmetics, these are the brushes I would tell everyone to buy.

I bought this set because I wanted a crease brush, and I liked the smaller brushes so I can put some on my waterline. I'm sure there's probably better brushes out there, but these work just fine for me.

on 7/8/2011 2:20:00 PM

I'm shocked that no one else liked these brushes, I love each one and they all pick up the perfect amount of eyeshadow.

All I ever use is these brushes when applying my mac eyeshadows.

**ALSO the bigger powder brush from eco tools is what I use to put on my mineralize skin finish (and it also works like a dream)**

Popular Makeup Brushes