3.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

Surprised by the low rating. Murad has some great products and this is one of them IMO. Needed to boost the moisture in my skin since Winter weather is upon us and this helped to improve texture, reduce fine lines and overall appearance.

About reviewer (55 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

1.0

3 years ago

The name can be misleading if you have very dry skin. After using it for a few days, I woke up in the middle of the night to find that my cheeks felt like cardboard and my face was flaking badly, which was surprising since I was also using a serum and a face oil. I used the same serum and face oil with other face creams (Fresh's Creme Ancienne at night, Kiehl's Rosa Arctica in the day time) and the skin on my face became hydrated again within a week and cardboard skin and flaky patches disappeared. It did not cause any breakouts (I am on acne medications), but there are many more hydrating face creams out there that cost less - like Clinique's Moisture Surge Intense or Drunk Elephant's Lala Retro Cream to name a few. I think this cream is better suited for people with normal or combo skin that gets dry in the winter. I recommend getting a sample before to test it out.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Medium, Warm

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

3 years ago

No animal testing, no parabens, fragrance free - love it! This rich moisturizer really plumps up my oily/combo acne prone Mediterranean skin, and seems to help keep it clear. It's pricey, but as I get older I realize that the better I care for my skin, the fewer cosmetic products I have to use. Great skin requires less concealer and foundation. My skin responds best if I change nighttime moisturizers every so often, and every time I come back to this one, my skin looks great! Dewy, plump, youthful, and I can skip foundation, which is saying a lot for me. I've used this on and off for about a year, and a little goes a long way so I'm still on my first jar. I've only used it at night, but it's light enough for daytime use on my oily skin. Yeah for no animal testing!

About reviewer (139 reviews)

SkinOily, Olive, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

4 years ago

I got this in an "age reform" travel set I forget what was all in it. My skin reacts to majority of new products I try and it did not react to this!! (GREAT) it moisturized my dry skin pretty well. overall, I give it an A.. it's just very pricey ($72?!?!) and I don't have that kind of money. I would repurchase in another set or when I have extra money and want to feel fancy af.

About reviewer (44 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Medium

4 years ago

I'm in love with this moisturizer! I got this in this either in a kit or 100 pt perk at Sephora and didn't think it will work for my combo-oily skin. My skin has been drier during winter months and it has been amazing night time moisturizer. I noticed with age, my skin has been getting drier during winter months but still have oily t-zone. This cream feels super thick but once I start rubbing them into the skin, it feels like butter and literally melts into my skin. I usually use murula or ren rose oil as night time moisturizer but notice that these oils were not getting rid of the dry patches around my nose and cheeks. However once I started using this moisturizer, no more dry patches. If I apply too much, my t-zone starts looking greasy but when I wake up, my face looks glowy and moisturized. I do wish it wasn't so costly but little goes a long way.

About reviewer (335 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlack

4 years ago

Works really well when it comes to providing the moisture your skin needs in 5 degree weather. The only negative, which is a big one for me is that it breaks me out all over. Not a repurchase since I don't want to walk around pimple faced.

About reviewer (1080 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Neutral

HairBrown, Other, Other

4 years ago

This has been a dry skin savior. I finally gave up the facial oil trend and decided I need a good, old fashioned moisturizer. This has left my skin feeling plump and replenished. The price is a doozy, but if you use this as a night cream, it will last longer than if you use it every day, twice a day. I also suffer from rosacea and this immediately cools down my face when it's flushing.

About reviewer (38 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

2.0

4 years ago

Mediocre lotion at best. Thick in texture like a paste initially but it does blend in smoothly enough so you can easily glide on your primers and foundation. It didn't make me break out or anything but what I would say is that this product did NOTHING significant for my skin and almost every other lotion I've tried has worked better. Adequate hydration but not great and given the name, ultimate moisture I expected far far more from this product. May want to consider Clinique Overnight Moisture Surge Mask (it's really a lotion not a mask) if you're looking for an intense moisturizer that thoroughly plumps up your skin and makes it feel moist all day/night long. If a less expensive alternative is what you're seeking, Cetaphil has a similar texture and is far superior in terms of performance.

About reviewer (135 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium

HairBlack

4 years ago

This was the first product I ever received through my beautyDNA subscription and I am impressed. I have very dry skin, and get little dry spots on my face if I don't use a super awesome moisturizer at night. With Murad Hydrodynamic, I wake up to plump, supple skin. It also doesn't break me out, is fragrance free, and is surprisingly light in consistency for being such a good moisturizer. I also appreciate that it doesn't sting my eyes if a little product accidentally gets in them while I'm sleeping -- this has been an issue with other nighttime moisturizers containing acids. I am willing to splurge on skincare, especially my night cream and facial sunscreen, but at $72 for 1.7 oz, this stuff is a little pricey, even for me (It was $25 via BeautyDNA).

About reviewer (283 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

5 years ago

After 2 containers of this stuff, I can say that I really like it. For years I have hated all other moisturizers except the Active Moist from Dermalogica but now I have a new favorite. This is a thicker moisturizer so a little goes a long way and I like that there is a spatula included as well. I tend to use this at night because I feel it is a bit heavy for the day. It doesn't make me look greasy at all and soaks right into the skin. It is a little pricey but since you don't need a lot it can last around 3-4 months. My mom and I both use it and it can last us about 2 months. Since it is summer now, I thought my skin would break out since I have combination skin and it is a thicker formula but it doesn't irritate my skin at all. I think if you have dry skin/acne prone skin or want a nice night cream that isn't too heavy this is perfect.

About reviewer (158 reviews)

Age25-29