NYX Professional Makeup Studio Perfect Photo-loving Primer

NYX Professional Makeup Studio Perfect Photo-loving Primer

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone, Silica, Phenoxyethanol. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

Doesn't do enough for me.

It makes my face really smooth and my foundations blend easier and sit on top nicer. Plus my texture is more blurred.

But, it doesn't fill in my pores at all.

Doesn't control oils.

Doesn't extend wear time.

As for filling in lines, I'm not entirely sure if it does that or not.

I'm gonna use it up because it was expensive for a 'drugstore' primer, but I'm most likely not going to repurchase.

on 9/3/2018 7:30:00 AM

I’ve been using this green primer for about 2 years, I like the consistensy and how it feels on my skin, but it does not color correct, at least not on my skin. I have had very red skintone from acne, and the primer did not neutralize the redness. Even now, when I have very little redness, it does not color correct.

I would buy it again, but only because it’s affordable and because I like the consistensy and feel. It goes on the skin very smoothly. It is a good primer for the price, my only issue is that it doesn’t color correct. I might try the clear one in the future.

on 8/10/2018 8:53:00 AM

I have dry skin in the winter and oily skin in the summer, so it would make sense to use it in summer. Even when I do so, sometimes it makes my skin look dry making any bit of foundtion and/or concealer catch onto the dry patches. Although it makes the skin smooth and fills the pores a bit, it doesn't make any difference in the oiliness of my skin as it was ment to.

on 8/7/2018 11:30:00 AM

I got the green primer for redness. It doesn't seem to do anything about my redness or help my makeup stay on longer. My skin seems more oily after an hour or two with this primer on than usual. Also it's been 3 days of wearing it and I am breaking out really bad after finally getting my skin to clear up and calm down! Waste of money

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I have this primer in clear. I don't like it at all, for those saying it's a dupe for Smashbox's Photo Finish primer...sure it's a dupe in terms of packaging and texture but not at all in performance! This primer makes my oily skin...even oilier. It's useless to me and would only recommend it for those with normal skin types, not oily ones.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have to say I was really excited to try this primer and ended up disappointed. I've only used it a few times so far so I have no idea if it's going to make my skin break out, but it did nothing for my makeup. I went one day with the primer and the next day without, in a climate controlled work environment, and my makeup actually lasted longer without the primer. That is the opposite of what I am looking for. I'm sad obviously because I wasted my money, but also because I really like NYX products. I love their liquid suede lipsticks...any of their matte lipsticks actually. This might work for someone else, but it just did not work for me at all. Back to the drawing board!

This product I had high hopes for yet it was a bit of a let down. I have oily to combination skin and it clogged my pores and I broke out. The primer did not sit well with my foundation and it made my foundation oxidise. I normally love Nyx products as a affordable drug store brand. This really let me down. Would possibly be ok for someone with dry skin ? Would love to know if anyone with dry skin has tried it and what is their experience with it

on 3/14/2018 10:47:00 PM

WOULD NOT RECOMMEND
as my skin is already a little oily this primer clogged my pores even more as it is highly silicone based. It also made most foundation i tried to wear separate and just slide off my face. Would probably be okay if you have extremely dry skin.

on 2/16/2018 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This is the only primer that I can see the difference after a whole day work. I compared it with Hourglass, too faced peach, and my favorite Guerlain primer. To my surprise this NYX primer makes my foundation to last all day! It is silicon based but not as thick as smashbox original. Of course it doesn't smell like Guerlain, but who cares! Btw I have oily skin and I use the purple one for my yellow skintone.

It doesn’t really do anything for my pores, however it holds in my makeup well.