NYX Studio Perfect Photo-loving Primer

NYX Studio Perfect Photo-loving Primer

3.8

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone, Silica, Phenoxyethanol. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I purchased this product at Ulta for $12.99 in the clear formula and after testing it out today I would have to say I really do love this primer!! I have pretty oily skin and if I don't use any primers or setting techniques, without fail my face will be SO oily and nasty by the end of the day with my makeup basically wiped away. However this primer has helped to keep my makeup in place the entire day now 7am - 11pm (16+ hours!) I do have to be honest though, my t zone did start to become oily a few hours after lunch time, but a quick blotting with a napkin or oil absorbing papers took that problem away easy. And same goes for night time, it's 11pm now and I just did some quick blotting and my face looks fresh again just as if I barely applied it! Now as for the "photo loving" promise that this primer gives, I would have to say it does live up to it! :D My makeup does look pretty awesome in pics! It looks very natural which I love so much. Overall awesome product, I definitely will repurchase. Ps: this primer goes great with the NYX Total Control Drop Foundation!

To me, this is performs exactly the same as the ELF version but a much better container (I prefer the tube vs. ELF's pump which you NEVER know when you are out) However, w/ this tube, be sure you shake it A LOT prior to use. I ended up w/ totally separated liquid coming out when I don't shake.

Performance wise: on my combo skin, this works well. Nicely fills in my lines and gives me a very smooth canvas to work with prior to applying MU. Does it prolong my MU? Unknown because I ALWAYS use a setting spray as my last step regardless of what products I have put on before.

Love the price point!

I have used w/ liquid and powder foundation. It fills in any fine lines nicely and doesn't emphasize any small dry patches. No breakouts. No discernible smell for me. Not a super effective oil preventer, but only my nose gets a bit shiny mid day.

This is waaay to sheer for any color correcting, but I will probably re-purchase.

You get 1.01 fl oz for $12.99 (at Ulta).

on 3/12/2017 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This review is for the clear one. So I actually didn't care about the Smashbox primer but I had read raves about this on Ulta's website and it doesn't cost much. The texture is great. One of the fews that does not cause irritation for my skin. My foundation remained intact and no problem whatsoever.

Made me feel like i've applied on really thick moisturizer. Don't like how it feels on my fingers(while applying it) nor my face. Still did its job but barely. Doesn't last long.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I adore this product. I purchased the clear one. It fills in all my pores and creates a smooth surface for my foundation. I would say its a dupe for the Smashbox Photo Finish primer which I usually purchase but this is a real great product for half that price and it performs just as great if not better. I highly recommend especially if you're on a budget.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My skin is very picky about primers. It absolutely hated the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer. It gave me so many blemishes, I had to get rid of it. Because of that experience I completely swore off primers for YEARS.

Then a few months ago I was using a foundation that just did not work without a primer no matter what I did, but I was a little broke so I just picked up one of these little guys. My hopes were not high.

And it totally blew me away. It goes on like silk, and my foundation applies flawlessly over it. It definitely helps with the wear time, which is no small feat for skin as oily as mine. And it's cheap! Sure it's not the most gorgeous packaging. But the product is incredible. I may even prefer this to my Guerlain primer I purchased recently.

Seriously, give this primer a try, I just cannot believe how much I love such an inexpensive product.

on 11/27/2016 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This product was a gift to me so I thought I would try it out! I was given the product in the green shade, but didn't really see a difference in colour correctness when I used it. It felt very silicone-like and didn't help hold my foundation and concealer at all, everything slid off my face within a few hours. I have dry to combo skin so I was surprised at that! I wish it worked for how cheap it is, but unfortunately not! I did give it a go for a few weeks but couldn't stand it any longer!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Primers are one of those products, like heat protectants, that are super hard to judge because you're never quite sure how much of a difference they're making. Sometimes you'll see a difference and sometimes you're unsure if it's the foundation, the weather, etc.
I picked up this primer because it seems like my pores doubled in size over the past year and I wanted something to put as a barrier between my face and the makeup. This fits the bill.
I have this in the clear version. It glides on super smooth, evenly, no odors to be had. It was around $8 or $10 at the NYX store. I noticed the makeup applied a bit more flawlessly when using this but didn't think much of it until a few days ago when I forgot to put this on and applied my liquid foundation directly to my face.
Without the primer, I did notice my pores were more apparent and throughout the day my makeup looked a little patchy in some places (this may have been due to another product I was trying out as well). I felt like the porcelain-skin look I had achieved in the week before this must have been partially due to the primer, and I realized it DID make a difference in keeping the makeup from "settling" in my pores too much.
I will continue to purchase because I feel like for a drugstore brand, or just in general, this works very well. I have used the Laura Mercier flawless skin primer and did not see much of a difference between the two, either in consistency or effect (well, except the price tag of course!)

on 5/3/2016 5:42:00 AM

I thought the primer would be thicker but its kinda watery and melts softly into the skin. The primer contains silicon so you have to powder and use a makeup setting spray if you want your makeup to last all day.

I have this in clear and I'm really loving it. Made a foundation that I was almost giving up on look amazing on my skin. Controls oiliness very well, my make up looked amazing all day.

It has a really smooth, silky consistency that is easy to apply. Lot of product in a nice squeeze tube.

Popular Primer/ Correctors