NYX Professional Makeup Studio Perfect Photo-loving Primer

NYX Professional Makeup Studio Perfect Photo-loving Primer

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone, Silica, Phenoxyethanol. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have to say I was really excited to try this primer and ended up disappointed. I've only used it a few times so far so I have no idea if it's going to make my skin break out, but it did nothing for my makeup. I went one day with the primer and the next day without, in a climate controlled work environment, and my makeup actually lasted longer without the primer. That is the opposite of what I am looking for. I'm sad obviously because I wasted my money, but also because I really like NYX products. I love their liquid suede lipsticks...any of their matte lipsticks actually. This might work for someone else, but it just did not work for me at all. Back to the drawing board!

This product I had high hopes for yet it was a bit of a let down. I have oily to combination skin and it clogged my pores and I broke out. The primer did not sit well with my foundation and it made my foundation oxidise. I normally love Nyx products as a affordable drug store brand. This really let me down. Would possibly be ok for someone with dry skin ? Would love to know if anyone with dry skin has tried it and what is their experience with it

on 3/14/2018 10:47:00 PM

WOULD NOT RECOMMEND
as my skin is already a little oily this primer clogged my pores even more as it is highly silicone based. It also made most foundation i tried to wear separate and just slide off my face. Would probably be okay if you have extremely dry skin.

on 2/16/2018 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This is the only primer that I can see the difference after a whole day work. I compared it with Hourglass, too faced peach, and my favorite Guerlain primer. To my surprise this NYX primer makes my foundation to last all day! It is silicon based but not as thick as smashbox original. Of course it doesn't smell like Guerlain, but who cares! Btw I have oily skin and I use the purple one for my yellow skintone.

It doesn’t really do anything for my pores, however it holds in my makeup well.

on 11/8/2017 4:00:00 PM

This is for the green primer... I think this is GREAT for counter-acting redness in your skin tone! It worked awesome for me. I have combo/dry 'reactive' skin (heat, cold, embarrassment, etc.). I use it over my regular moisturizer, pretty much as a primer before foundation. It's light feeling, feels slightly moisturizing, but to me, doesn't feel silicone-y (which apparently, it DOES have in it - I don't usually like silicone based stuff), REALLY does cut the red/pink tones and seems to smooth the skin and prolong makeup longevity some. I can even wear it without foundation but just have to be conscious to do a thin application and then top with a skin-toned finishing powder. No scent that I noticed, decent price (like $9 or so, I think it was). Convenient tube/packaging - yeah, ya gotta shake it a bit before each use - but easy enuf. I used the new Maybelline color corrector pen in green before I got this and that works pretty good as well, but I prefer this NYX one. The Maybelline one is slightly drier and thicker in consistency so doesn't spread as easily as this, That one would be great for just spot correcting. This NYX one covers your whole face so easily and feels great on. No breakouts and I've even fallen asleep once or twice with this on (bad, yes, I know!).

on 11/7/2017 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have this primer in the clear color. I like the primer a lot. It’s very smooth and I feel like it makes my foundation application easier. I’m not sure if it makes my foundation last longer but it makes it look flawless and beautiful in photos and person. Very good drug store find!

on 11/6/2017 6:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

The NYX Photo-loving primer is a silicone based primer which comes in a sleek squeezy tube and appears to be similar to the Smashbox Primer. Unfortunately, this product made my skin feel very greasy and did nothing to smooth out my skin or fill in my pores. Highly disappointed.

on 10/11/2017 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have shiny, oily skin (from benzoyl peroxide) and wear liquid foundation (light application).

I've tried the ELF Mineral Primer which has the exact same ingredients as this but I can say that the NYX clear version is less silicone/greasy on the skin than the ELF mineral primer -- which for me, is a huge plus. Huge. I apply this in dabs on my cheeks, chin, nose, and forehead then gently rub it in - then let it sit for a few minutes while I do my eye makeup, then apply my foundation. This doesn't have a smell, you get a little over 1 oz for $12.99 (superstore) which is good, and again, the consistency really surprised me. It's very lightweight and it absorbs without feeling tacky or greasy. Even on my fingers when I'm done applying, it's not greasy!

It blurs a little, but it does really well with helping control my shine/oil and keep my makeup in place vs. not using a primer. I really doubted what a good primer could do for my skin, but now, I won't wear foundation without it. This is a great staple to have. I have tried the Milani Prime Shield and I will say that I think the Milani Prime Shield did mattify me for a LITTLE longer - but i mean - minimally longer. Not enough to warrant the more expensive price than this NYX one. I think this one is a winner.

ETA 1/24/2018 -- I am still using this primer daily - and I'm still on my first squeeze tube. For the 1 oz you get (I paid $12.99 at Target) -- IT LASTS FOREVER. I always make sure to shake it a bit before using, but for my first primer ever, I was worried how long 1 oz would last me - I'm going to assume half a year. Awesome stuff and HG for me. If a buy one get one sale for NYX comes up - I'm stocking up!

ETA- 4.17.2018 - I have switched to a water-based primer instead of this silicone primer. I found that I was getting little millia on my sides of my jawline - and I wasn't sure if it was from using a primer, or what. I switched to Guerlain's Meteorites primer - and LOVE IT. It keeps me matte, isnt' greasy - I never knew that my skin preferred a water-based primer. Never know if you don't try! I still think NYX's primer is a great silicone primer if your skin prefers that type! I just love the water-based.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I’ve used both the green and purple pigments and find for the price, it is definitely worth the money. My makeup last all day, skin looks mostly smooth (pores around my cheeks and nose are larger, and usually needs a combined effort of setting powder and spray to blur). It does not crease in the fine lines on my eyes, I buy this regularly at Target out of convenience