NYX Studio Perfect Photo-loving Primer

NYX Studio Perfect Photo-loving Primer

3.8

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone, Silica, Phenoxyethanol. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 11/8/2017 4:00:00 PM

This is for the green primer... I think this is GREAT for counter-acting redness in your skin tone! It worked awesome for me. I have combo/dry 'reactive' skin (heat, cold, embarrassment, etc.). I use it over my regular moisturizer, pretty much as a primer before foundation. It's light feeling, feels slightly moisturizing, but to me, doesn't feel silicone-y (which apparently, it DOES have in it - I don't usually like silicone based stuff), REALLY does cut the red/pink tones and seems to smooth the skin and prolong makeup longevity some. I can even wear it without foundation but just have to be conscious to do a thin application and then top with a skin-toned finishing powder. No scent that I noticed, decent price (like $9 or so, I think it was). Convenient tube/packaging - yeah, ya gotta shake it a bit before each use - but easy enuf. I used the new Maybelline color corrector pen in green before I got this and that works pretty good as well, but I prefer this NYX one. The Maybelline one is slightly drier and thicker in consistency so doesn't spread as easily as this, That one would be great for just spot correcting. This NYX one covers your whole face so easily and feels great on. No breakouts and I've even fallen asleep once or twice with this on (bad, yes, I know!).

on 11/7/2017 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have this primer in the clear color. I like the primer a lot. It’s very smooth and I feel like it makes my foundation application easier. I’m not sure if it makes my foundation last longer but it makes it look flawless and beautiful in photos and person. Very good drug store find!

on 10/11/2017 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have shiny, oily skin (from benzoyl peroxide) and wear liquid foundation (light application).

I've tried the ELF Mineral Primer which has the exact same ingredients as this but I can say that the NYX clear version is less silicone/greasy on the skin than the ELF mineral primer -- which for me, is a huge plus. Huge. I apply this in dabs on my cheeks, chin, nose, and forehead then gently rub it in - then let it sit for a few minutes while I do my eye makeup, then apply my foundation. This doesn't have a smell, you get a little over 1 oz for $12.99 (superstore) which is good, and again, the consistency really surprised me. It's very lightweight and it absorbs without feeling tacky or greasy. Even on my fingers when I'm done applying, it's not greasy!

It blurs a little, but it does really well with helping control my shine/oil and keep my makeup in place vs. not using a primer. I really doubted what a good primer could do for my skin, but now, I won't wear foundation without it. This is a great staple to have. I have tried the Milani Prime Shield and I will say that I think the Milani Prime Shield did mattify me for a LITTLE longer - but i mean - minimally longer. Not enough to warrant the more expensive price than this NYX one. I think this one is a winner.

on 9/19/2017 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I normally use Clinique super primer which I've been quite happy with, but thought I'd give this a go to help cover redness from acne. You need to give this a good shake as the product does separate. It went on quite nicely, and did not make my foundation ( lancome teint idole ultra) separate after a full days wear, but it did not cover redness at all. I've just purchased online today, the stila correct and perfect palette, so hopefully, I'll have better luck with that.

on 11/6/2017 6:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

The NYX Photo-loving primer is a silicone based primer which comes in a sleek squeezy tube and appears to be similar to the Smashbox Primer. Unfortunately, this product made my skin feel very greasy and did nothing to smooth out my skin or fill in my pores. Highly disappointed.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I’ve used both the green and purple pigments and find for the price, it is definitely worth the money. My makeup last all day, skin looks mostly smooth (pores around my cheeks and nose are larger, and usually needs a combined effort of setting powder and spray to blur). It does not crease in the fine lines on my eyes, I buy this regularly at Target out of convenience

on 3/12/2017 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This review is for the clear one. So I actually didn't care about the Smashbox primer but I had read raves about this on Ulta's website and it doesn't cost much. The texture is great. One of the fews that does not cause irritation for my skin. My foundation remained intact and no problem whatsoever.

To me, this is performs exactly the same as the ELF version but a much better container (I prefer the tube vs. ELF's pump which you NEVER know when you are out) However, w/ this tube, be sure you shake it A LOT prior to use. I ended up w/ totally separated liquid coming out when I don't shake.

Performance wise: on my combo skin, this works well. Nicely fills in my lines and gives me a very smooth canvas to work with prior to applying MU. Does it prolong my MU? Unknown because I ALWAYS use a setting spray as my last step regardless of what products I have put on before.

Love the price point!

I have used w/ liquid and powder foundation. It fills in any fine lines nicely and doesn't emphasize any small dry patches. No breakouts. No discernible smell for me. Not a super effective oil preventer, but only my nose gets a bit shiny mid day.

This is waaay to sheer for any color correcting, but I will probably re-purchase.

You get 1.01 fl oz for $12.99 (at Ulta).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is a great drugstore alternative to most high end primers at half the price. I have the clear version and it did what I wanted - make foundation look smooth and last all day with no breakouts. The only negative is if I use this on its own it will make my foundation stick and difficult to blend so I have to add a little moisturizer as well. Price wise this is on the high side for drugstore at $20 CAD but it works well enough I will continue to buy.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I purchased this product at Ulta for $12.99 in the clear formula and after testing it out today I would have to say I really do love this primer!! I have pretty oily skin and if I don't use any primers or setting techniques, without fail my face will be SO oily and nasty by the end of the day with my makeup basically wiped away. However this primer has helped to keep my makeup in place the entire day now 7am - 11pm (16+ hours!) I do have to be honest though, my t zone did start to become oily a few hours after lunch time, but a quick blotting with a napkin or oil absorbing papers took that problem away easy. And same goes for night time, it's 11pm now and I just did some quick blotting and my face looks fresh again just as if I barely applied it! Now as for the "photo loving" promise that this primer gives, I would have to say it does live up to it! :D My makeup does look pretty awesome in pics! It looks very natural which I love so much. Overall awesome product, I definitely will repurchase. Ps: this primer goes great with the NYX Total Control Drop Foundation!