St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer

St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer
Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial MoisturizerTimeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial MoisturizerTimeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial MoisturizerTimeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer

Water, Mineral Oil, Propylene Glycol, PEG 100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Safflower Seed OiI, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Ethylhexl Glycerin, Linalool, Hexylcinnamal, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Coumarin, Geraniol

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This was highly recommended to me. I have very dry & sensitive skin. This does have a pretty strong scent for a facial moisturizer. This totally irritated my skin. I ended up using it on my body until it was gone. The consistency is typical and the tub a bit awkward.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Have used this for years and years. I keep the big tub in the fridge and scoop it out into a 2 oz. jar I've saved and ran through the dishwasher so I know it's clean. Then I just take the 2 oz. jar and shake out what I need into my palm so I don't have to put my fingers into the jar. You only need about a quarter coin size amount or less for face and neck depending on how dry your skin is. I love the collagen and elastin in it that plumps up thin dry or wrinkly skin. I even add actives to it and it has take a few with no probs. For really really dry skin, use twice a day.

on 7/4/2018 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I wanted to love this moisturizer. I read so many positive reviews from top beauty bloggers/websites so I didn't think I would be unsatisfied. it is a never ending supply sized container of it for $7, which right away I was happy about the value. the lid screws off to a large opening that I can stick my whole hand in which isn't practical for moisturizer. I use such a small amount I prefer a squeeze style, pump style or thicker consistency so I can pick enough up with my finger to dab around my face to blend. this consistency is kinda of thin and hard to pick up a smaller amount. I thought the lotion felt watery when applied. it didn't leave me feeling moisturized and hydrated. once I applied it, it absorb really quickly but felt so thin and watery that it wasn't satisfying to me. I also didn't feel it had any of the positive benefits to my skin that should of occurred from collagen and elastin. it didn't lock in for the day either. I saw my skin drying out as the day went on. I'm not sure what people found so impressive about this. I didn't find anything about it satisfying and I used it long enough to know it wasn't helping my skin at all and thank goodness for fair exchange policies. I was able to get a moisturizer I like instead.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I've read reviews on this product and most of people that didn't like this product is people with oily skin, so I've got a dry skin I thought that it wouldn't do something to me .. but oh god
my skin has huge breakouts now :(
I've never seen my skin like that even friends are wondering it's like they're huge and painful
I even saw a video of a dermatologist said that mineral oil in skin care products is not harmful or pore clogging
I'm honestly wondering if he is right .. but maaan this pimples on my face are HUGE
if it's from mineral oil or other ingredient it doesn't matter I WILL NOT USE IT AGAIN...

on 3/14/2018 10:22:00 PM

This is the only moisturizer I've found that sinks in and moisturizes my skin. So many others either sit on the surface as a greasy film or sink in don't change the skin. My skin is hydrated, not greasy, and healthy with this. I really wish it came in a squeeze tube, but I won't be without this regardless of packaging. Winter or summer, it just works for my skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Very happy with this product. It's like a opaque white gel. I just tip the jar upside down (with the lid screwed on) and just take it from the inside of the lid. Very moisturizing and does not leave a greasy feel. Love the price. I'm sold.

on 2/15/2018 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

UPDATE -
THIS WAS MY HOLY GRAIL .. UNTIL ...
Last summer whenever I went in the sun without foundation or sunscreen my face started getting a crazy reaction, like red bumps that would turn into white pustules and itchy and burn... I didn't know what was causing it and then winter came and I forgot, then I went to Thailand, and same thing happened once I got back in the sun without make up (was still using this though HG right).. so I hid my face on this trip not knowing what caused the sensitivity. Summer hits and now i'm annoyed what is going on with my face, it couldn't be this lotion... WELL I started using a body oil spray with lavender oil and fragrance and then my body started getting really itchy and red but only in the sun, again I didn't put two and two together until I stopped using that body oil the sun irritation stopped, then I thought, maybe it's my face lotion causing the reaction from the sun and well sure enough I stopped using this lotion the last month of summer and didn't get any reactions from the sun. So if St. Ives could remove the fragrance and lavender from this that would be GREAT. How ironic is it that in my original review I complained about the scent, I know they say fragrance can cause sensitivity etc. but I didn't realize it would take years and the summer sun to cause it!

I don't know how I haven't written a review for this yet - I've been using it for probably 3 years and have repurchased more times than I can count. If they discontinued it ever I would actually cry. This is the only moisturizer that doesn't break me out. I have oily, acne prone 29 year old skin. It doesn't interfere with my make up application either. I use it morning and night. I could do without the smell, but I put up with it. The one I get in Canada comes in a tube and it ranges in price from 4$-8$.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Great basic moisturizer for my normal-to-oily skin. Has a lovely, light texture that layers well underneath sunblock, then makeup, or just alone under makeup. I took off a lippie because I dislike the scent. I'm also not crazy about the packaging - by the time I get to the bottom, it will be way past expiration date!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I’ve been using a generous amount of this after using a 2mm microneedle roller for my pitted acne scars. I have noticed a small difference after using this regimen for a week and see my scars bec

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This moisturizer is so surprising! It goes on smoothly, makes your skin look more supple, and hydrates in a lasting way. It is perfect for both nighttime and morning, especially with the addition of facial massage. I have tried MANY facial moisturizers, and the only ones that are definitively better than this one are the Ultra Repair Hydrating Cream by First Aid Beauty and Olay Regenerist Deep Hydrating Moisturizer. It is actually better than the rest of the Olay Regenerist moisturizers I have tried (like the micro-sculpting cream). Furthermore, its 5 dollar price really outweighs the small additional benefits of the two creams that I noted to be better. Will buy again! Use it as my morning and night (sometimes) cream.