St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer

Filtered by skin type : Dry
St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer
Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial MoisturizerTimeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial MoisturizerTimeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial MoisturizerTimeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer

4.2

Water, Mineral Oil, Propylene Glycol, PEG 100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Safflower Seed OiI, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Ethylhexl Glycerin, Linalool, Hexylcinnamal, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Coumarin, Geraniol

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Have used this for years and years. I keep the big tub in the fridge and scoop it out into a 2 oz. jar I've saved and ran through the dishwasher so I know it's clean. Then I just take the 2 oz. jar and shake out what I need into my palm so I don't have to put my fingers into the jar. You only need about a quarter coin size amount or less for face and neck depending on how dry your skin is. I love the collagen and elastin in it that plumps up thin dry or wrinkly skin. I even add actives to it and it has take a few with no probs. For really really dry skin, use twice a day.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I've read reviews on this product and most of people that didn't like this product is people with oily skin, so I've got a dry skin I thought that it wouldn't do something to me .. but oh god
my skin has huge breakouts now :(
I've never seen my skin like that even friends are wondering it's like they're huge and painful
I even saw a video of a dermatologist said that mineral oil in skin care products is not harmful or pore clogging
I'm honestly wondering if he is right .. but maaan this pimples on my face are HUGE
if it's from mineral oil or other ingredient it doesn't matter I WILL NOT USE IT AGAIN...

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Very happy with this product. It's like a opaque white gel. I just tip the jar upside down (with the lid screwed on) and just take it from the inside of the lid. Very moisturizing and does not leave a greasy feel. Love the price. I'm sold.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This moisturizer is so surprising! It goes on smoothly, makes your skin look more supple, and hydrates in a lasting way. It is perfect for both nighttime and morning, especially with the addition of facial massage. I have tried MANY facial moisturizers, and the only ones that are definitively better than this one are the Ultra Repair Hydrating Cream by First Aid Beauty and Olay Regenerist Deep Hydrating Moisturizer. It is actually better than the rest of the Olay Regenerist moisturizers I have tried (like the micro-sculpting cream). Furthermore, its 5 dollar price really outweighs the small additional benefits of the two creams that I noted to be better. Will buy again! Use it as my morning and night (sometimes) cream.

Used it when i was younger and it worked great so i thought id try it again because its so cheap and last a long time and being a mother of three i do all i can to save money, but i dont feel like its moisturizing as well on my older skin, i had to add a little olive oil to it and im not sure about its effectiveness on fine lines and wrinkles, ive only used it a week. my skin is sensitive and I've developed some redness and irritation but it could be from over exfoliation so im gonna use it a bit longer and do another review

on 1/6/2017 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My skin dries out because of the acne treatments I use. At night I have been using this lotion in combination with jojoba oil. This moisturizer has a nice thick consistency that absorbs quickly into the skin and feels really cooling. It works well for my skin but isn't curing my dry patches. It does have a light scent but isn't off putting and doesn't linger on the skin. It didn't cause any breakouts which is a plus. I like to use this under my makeup as well since it dries quickly but leaves my face feeling moisturized. The packaging could use some work since I feel it's unsanitary always dipping my fingers into the jar. You get a lot of product for the price (around $5). Overall, this is a nice moisturizer and I would recommend it for anyone with dry skin.

on 8/15/2016 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This lotion was simply not moisturizing enough for me. I had to put two layers on ny face to make my skin not feel tight. And it didn't do anything at all to soften my laugh lines like heavier moisturizers do. It feels more like a gel-like consistency and cool on skin which is the only thing I liked about it. Also the tub is very large and lasts a long time. I had to use it up as a body lotion. I also enjoyed the smell at first, I thought it smelled like fresh leaves. But then the smell started to resemble roach killer spray to me. It never bothered my skin, but I did still itch because it wasn't moisturizing enough for my dry skin. It will probably be good for someone with oily skin but it was a miss for me.

on 11/13/2015 4:09:00 AM

I don't review much but I read a lot on here. This deserves a review. Ok so I have neglected my dry, flaky skin the entire summer. Winter has come so it was finally time to pick up a night time moisturizer without SPF. I had just been washing my face and sleeping without moisturizer for the past few months (*gag*). I went to Walmart and decided to look around. I was initially going to grab one olay moisturizer that I read about, but I thought hey this ones cheaper so let's try it. I literally just saw "moisturizer" "$4~" and didnt bother to read anything else. Have been using this for over a month every night and morning and just today I've realized how much better my skin is. I still have stubborn dead skin (ugh need to find a better exfoliator), but damn my skin is so soft and has some moisture. For the last couple of mornings now I've been like, "my under eye wrinkles have diminished.. Hmm maybe it's because I've been drinking a lot of water." But really I've always been drinking a lot of water. The only thing that has changed was putting this product all over my face every night. Is this seriously possible?? That a $4 product seriously erased my under eye fine lines? I'm 22 so I don't have crazy wrinkles (yet), but damn how the heck?! I finally read the tub and it said it will reduce wrinkles but who really believes the crap they write on the products.. Insane. I will forever be thankful for this product and will recommend it to all my friends. Thank you st Ives.

on 2/5/2015 12:00:00 PM

um WHOA. I am a product junkie and I was skeptical about this because it's sooo cheap and comes in a large tub, great for germs! Anyways, I'm in my 30's and I can use all the help I can get at this point as I'm getting these awesome sleep lines from my pillow that do not go away. I've tried a lot of products to get rid of them, even the ever unfortunate kraft paper frownies. Well my friends, I slathered a THICK layer of this on every night, like almost to the point of a light mask and let it soak in, after day 3, my permanent nose pillow crease is practically gone. It's is kind of amazing. I will continue to use this, I wish they had a better container for it, but beggars can't be choosers, right? This prob works so great because of the mineral oil. Don't the best products contain mineral oil? Gas byproducts are like a miracle for skin apparently. I'm in!

on 7/20/2014 2:20:00 PM

This stuff is freaking AMAZING. I couldn't use it as a full face moisturizer (prob the mineral oil), but it works wonders as an eye/neck/body cream. Even though it didn't work on my face (didn't really have high expectations for this due to my stubborn facial skin) I still rate this 5 stars because of how beautiful and soft this makes me feel every where else. I'm a religious moisturizer after I shower at night and then lightly when I wake up, I can honestly say I've tried probably literally every drugstore lotion known to man and this is the absolute best. It's cheap enough, around $5 depending where you get it, that I continue buying this for my body. It is SO worth a try. My mom is allergic to nearly everything and she said even though it gave her a rash, her skin still felt awesome! lol. I was previously using PONDS Crema S for an eye and neck cream, because that's the only places it would work on me, and the St. Ives blew this out of the water by a long shot. go to the store now and get a tub!
One more thing, the packaging probably could be more sanitary but if you just take a min to wash your hands it's no big thing. I don't really see anyone saying "Omg I dipped my fingers in the tub and I got severe acne" lol

UPDATE: I CAN use this as a full facial moisturizer after I use the Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque (which is pretty popular) I honestly think the mask shrinks my pores up enough to where the St Ives doesn't just pool up in my pores. That's the only way it's worked for me on the entire face. ps I highly recommend the Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque and to also use it as a spot treatment. It pulls out impurities, and if you have ever gotten a HUGE UGLY red deep skin bump, which we all have, this is amazing at making them come to a head. If you find the mask suits you, you're probably safe to spot treat those over night. I just did it last night for the deepest ugliest cyst and it brought it to a head. I did it again this morning and by noon I was able to get the stuff out. sounds gross but I have never come across something that did this, I had to share!